Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-04-2008, 10:45 PM   #1241
XoXo
Banned
seller

My Mood:
Re: Adopt a Newbie!!!! Please repost after #950 if you still need a BS

I'll be a BIG SISTER to a couple mommas..=)

Im a WAHM to 3 kids, christain 8 y/o, Mateo 4 y/o and the Lil bella 17m...I BF DS2 for 2 years and DD for 17 m, with no end in sight.. we co-sleep, no vaxes here, Army (HOOAH) , unpaper, recycling, energy saving, baby wearing CD'ing family.. We CD'ed DS2, and now DD.. soo i have cloth diapered for over 3 years... i would love to give advice to anyone who needs it. =)

Advertisement

Last edited by XoXo; 07-04-2008 at 10:52 PM.
XoXo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 06:52 AM   #1242
mbrimer
Registered Users

I'm expecting twins! Please adopt me! My parents always used cloth when there was one type to choose from with pins. Now there are so many amazing choices, and I would love some help selecting the best options for us. Plus, since we're having twins, the cost and stash size will be greater. I've spent several hours reading your posts and doing my own research, but any help would be really appreciated! Right now I'm leaning toward pocket diapers or all-in-twos. I've also seen that bamboo fleece is good. I don't know if I'm headed in the right direction, though. We're due January 7th, but twins are usually 4-6 weeks early. The "team" and I have decided on December sometime, but I'd like to get the choices made soonish. Thanks in advance! I look forward to "meeting" you. Melanie
mbrimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 07:16 AM   #1243
AngelaU
Registered Users
seller

I'm officially stepping forward as a newbie. Started CDing this month shortly after the birth of my son (Hank) - he's now 6 weeks old. Decided to do this mainly for economical reasons. I'm a SAHM to 5 kids!!!! Four daughters - 18 (Autumn), almost 10 (Emma), 4-1/2 (Maggie), and 15 months (Nora) - and the lone boy (Hank). I simply couldn't afford disposables for two babies!!! I am currently using PFs for Hank and the BG3's for Nora. I'm leaning heavily toward the OS diapers with the thought that both babies could use the same diapers. Is that a pipe dream?
AngelaU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 07:32 AM   #1244
MellieB
Registered Users

My Mood:

i would love a big sis! I'm new to the site, new to being a mom (Due in October with #1), and definitely new to cloth diapering!

Thanks!
Mellie

Losing It!****5****10****15***20****25****30****
35****40****45****50****55****60****65****70****80 ***84
MellieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 10:53 AM   #1245
princemelissas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

A newbie here! I have been CDing for @ a month now, and am totally confused (I refuse to give up!). I am using CPFs with BSWW (which I hate), and Fuzzi Bunz. I am on a TIGHT budget that's why I went with CPFs. Thank God I have found some good mamas on here that have helped but I am still lost in the very big CD world. Would love some help and guidence. I am looking for an afordable and CUTE CD option.

I live in MI, am 26 and a proud SAHM of 3 kids. (check ouy siggy, it says a lot about me) Would love a big sis!!!
princemelissas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 11:26 AM   #1246
DUMPDUCK3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm up for adoption! LOL

My name is Michelle. I'm 36. I live near Kansas City, MO. I am a SAHM to three munchkins: Regan (5), Mara (close to 3), and Zane (1). I decided to give CD a whirl because I would like to save some moo-la every month. I am just going to CD my 1 year old DS. I have bought a couple of dipes and am just getitng started.
DUMPDUCK3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 11:35 AM   #1247
Ali
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've adopted mbrimer

BIG SISTER AVAILABLE- I just saw this thread and now sure if everyone is paired but thought I'd chime in just in case other little sisters are still looking.

I have been cding for almost 2 years now. I cd'd my second from 2months to now and started cding my 3 year-old at the same time, he is now five and still uses cloth at night.

I have lots of experience w/ all types of diapers and diapering system, but if you want a prefold expert I'm not your girl.... I have some, know how to prep them, have used a snappi, but really, even w/ a doubler wasn't happy w/ the absorbancy so never got very experienced w/ them.

Anyway, I love buying and trying new diapers so I've tried tons. I also use a lot of hemp and while I ran into a stink issues a few times in the beggining I haven't had stinkies now in a long time. Of course we just got a front loading washing machine so we'll see!!!

If anyone else still needs advice, I'm willing. Please PM me as I'm not great at checking back at threads.

Last edited by Ali; 07-06-2008 at 10:34 AM.
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 12:02 PM   #1248
RedMama
Registered Users

Smile Re: Adopt a Newbie!!!! Please repost after #950 if you still need a BS

Ok, HELP... I guess I need adopted! I am new to ds and cloth diapers. I have a 17 month old and am expecting another little girl in Sep. I am using BG right now and love them, but have SO many questions!!! I don't even know if I am going to post this thing right!!!

Last edited by RedMama; 07-06-2008 at 12:05 PM.
RedMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 12:34 PM   #1249
punkinbaby
Registered Users
Formerly: vegaslibra
seller

My Mood:

I'm a newbie and looking for a big sis. I am making my own pockets and have bought a couple of others. I am 28. I have one little girl, Olivia she is 7 months old. I currently teach 1st grade full time and next school year I will be teaching reading only half time. I would love a big sis who also makes cds so I can ask her advice on that too.

Last edited by punkinbaby; 07-06-2008 at 08:08 PM.
punkinbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 12:47 PM   #1250
love being a momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Can someone adopt me? I am 27yo (28yo the 19th...ugh). I have been married for 5 1/2yrs to my wonderful hubby. I am triage RN from home for my local Children's Hospital for ped ofc after hrs.

I had wanted to CD for a while but didn't know anything about it & had no support from DH or my mom. A friend started & helped me out a little. I have only used pockets & I have been making pocket dipes for DD & some other mamas with my friend...but since we have split I have no one to talk to about CDing.

I want to branch out to prefolds & fitteds for my DD. I have sewn for years & making them myself just makes it that much easier to CD. I do want to purchase prefolds & I have ordered some fitteds from a WAHM here on DS (can't wait!!!!!!). My DD is 16m old (we started late in the game with her), but I want to be ready for the next baby (whenever we get pg) too & have lots of knowledge under my belt. There are so many aspects of CDing that I am so ignorant on as far as what is better long term (be able to use for several babies), diff wash techniques, etc...basically I want to be relearned on CD!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by love being a momma; 07-06-2008 at 12:50 PM.
love being a momma is offline   Reply With Quote