Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-08-2008, 09:08 AM   #21
crittercrazy3
Registered Users
seller

Re: Adopt a Newbie!!!!

I think it's great!! i suggested it a few weeks ago but

this would be fantastic, i seriously wished i had had a big sister when i signed up. i have my newbies "on the side" but making it official would be great.

Advertisement

crittercrazy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 09:09 AM   #22
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
Formerly: lovnbabygabi
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jee_jee View Post
well arent you a soldier! good mama!
ok so I need suggestions as to how were going to get paired up? i
let me make it clear that i dont wanna feel like I'm in charge of this whole thing, just think something that might be an asset to the community. i welcome any helping hands available....
actually in an hour I will be going out with the family to the aquarium so I hope this thread doesnt die and that we kinda just help each other along.
I think my dream job would be to be the newbie moderator...I'm such a dweeb lol. I won't let this thread die lol. Perhaps just posting here "hey, I'll help you" would be fine though. Or we could make it more elaborate and you could post your info and I'll help match people up according to their compatibility
Old 03-08-2008, 09:12 AM   #23
jee_jee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ok , how about write in all cap either "BIG SISTER AVAILABLE" or " LITTLE SISTER NEEDS ADOPTION"
and as soon as you have paired than edit your post.
when you see someone you want to pair up with, quote them to say youre gonna PM them and then if you accept one another, hurry and edit your post.

may I suggest, not rushing to adopt or pair up with a big sister. this is still a new post and we need to let many more mamas respond. you might pair up now and then later see a mama who you are more compatible with later and then be stuck with who you chose ad not want to hurt her feelings and leave her.

Also please dont forget to write a bit about yourself so that we can be more compatible when we pair up. i will post an an example in my next post

Last edited by jee_jee; 03-08-2008 at 09:14 AM.
jee_jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 09:13 AM   #24
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
Formerly: lovnbabygabi
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
ok , how about write in all cap either "BIG SISTER AVAILABLE" or " LITTLE SISTER NEEDS ADOPTION"
and as soon as you have paired than edit your post.
when you see someone you want to pair up with, quote them to say youre gonna PM them and then if you accept one another, hurry and edit your post.

may I suggest, not rushing to adopt or pair up with a big sister. this is still a new post and we need to let many more mamas respond. you might pair up now and then later see a mama who you are more compatible with later and then be stuck with who you chose ad not want to hurt her feelings and leave her.

Also please dont forget to write a bit about yourself so that we can be more compatible when we pair up. i will post an an example in my next post
Old 03-08-2008, 09:17 AM   #25
jee_jee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

example post.

BIG SISTER AVAILABLE

I'm a mom of 4 boys ages 8.5 to 16 months and I have only 1 in cloth. I'm in maryland, a 28 yo SAHM married to a wonderful dude for 10 years. my favorite diapering system is fitteds and wool and pockets when we're out and about. I have CD'd for 8 years and tried it all.
I'm looking for a semi newbie, i am kinda short on time, since I also homeschool but I welcome anybody.

i am no longer available, AFMama is my little sister.

Last edited by jee_jee; 03-08-2008 at 09:29 AM.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:21 AM   #26
jee_jee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovnbabygabi View Post
I think my dream job would be to be the newbie moderator...I'm such a dweeb lol. I won't let this thread die lol. Perhaps just posting here "hey, I'll help you" would be fine though. Or we could make it more elaborate and you could post your info and I'll help match people up according to their compatibility
Hey heather, you go right on ahead. again , i want to stress that this was only my idea and probably not a unique one I'm sure but this is not MY PROJECT and i wont feel like anybody stepping on my toes to give a helping hand..... or even take over and manage the thing. team effort always works better!
Old 03-08-2008, 09:21 AM   #27
crittercrazy3
Registered Users
seller

or how about a forum for it

or a sticky at the top of the intro page
crittercrazy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 09:22 AM   #28
AFMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm ADOPTED!
Quote:
BIG SISTER AVAILABLE

I'm a mom of 4 boys ages 8.5 to 16 months and I have only 1 in cloth. I'm in maryland, a 28 yo SAHM married to a wonderful dude for 10 years. my favorite diapering system is fitteds and wool and pockets when we're out and about. I have CD'd for 8 years and tried it all.
I'm looking for a semi newbie, i am kinda short on time, since I also homeschool but I welcome anybody.
Ack - can you be my big sis? I'm in Maryland, I HS my 7yo son, and I'm a semi-noob in the sense that I "get" all the terms and everything, but have yet to actually put a CD on a bum (baby due in April).

Plus, I may not be a "Hollywood" mama, but I've got a gigantor stash of GMs, Mutts and wool started

Last edited by AFMama; 03-08-2008 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Yay!
AFMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 09:24 AM   #29
bellamama
Registered Users
seller

Id be happy to help anyone out. I love it when people pm me just to ask questions
Old 03-08-2008, 09:26 AM   #30
Skittlegirl
Registered Users

My Mood:

LITTLE SISTER NEEDS ADOPTION I'VE BEEN ADOPTED!

We are brand spanking new to CD. Hopefully in the next few days we'll start getting our diapers. Right now I'm just trying out different types of pockets. DD is just over 2 months old. I work full-time so we'll be doing CD in the evenings and on weekends since daycare says we have to use disposables. DH is extremely wary of the idea of CD and thinks disposables are way easier. With the extra laundry he thinks it's still not that much more environmentally friendly, so right now my biggest challenge is trying to convert him. So I need a big sis who can help point me in the direction of ultra cute designs at great prices.
I'm 24 and live in SE Washington state.

Last edited by Skittlegirl; 03-08-2008 at 09:41 AM.
Skittlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote