Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-10-2008, 09:44 AM   #1
catkendig
Registered Users
seller
seller

Talking Downingtown-HUGE Baby Equip & Clothing Sale 9/13

Thought I'd spread the word in case anyone is looking to do some major shopping for their little ones. The Chester County Mothers of Multiples Group is hosting their semi-annual sale on Saturday, September 13th from 9am-12 in Downingtown. I've provided a link to the site with more info & directions below:

I cannot begin to tell you how huge this sale is, and there's almost nothing they don't have. Clothes, clothes, and more clothes - all in great condition as great care is taken to weed out anything with stains and tears. Gently used baby gear and toys for kids of all ages (up to about age 12-ish). Shoes, books, maternity items, linens and room decor, bottles, burp cloths, and so on. You name it, it's probably there and in abundance.

The sale will be at the United Sports Training Center in Downingtown. The address is:

1426 Marshallton-Thorndale Road
Downingtown, PA 19335
Phone 610-466-7100

They accept cash and checks. In addition to the sale, they are collecting donations for the Community, Youth & Women's Alliance Group - a shelter for women & their children. There's more info about this at the bottom of the page from the link above.

The pic should give you an idea of the size of this sale. There's actually a lot more than what you see in this. This picture is from the setup and the toys & gear aren't on the floor yet. The entire back section will be filled to overflowing when set up is done. I'm sure I mentioned it somewhere in the thread but if you go, plan on going early as the line starts forming around 7am.

HAPPY SHOPPING!!!

Advertisement

Last edited by catkendig; 08-13-2008 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Updating for the Fall Sale dates
catkendig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 07:05 AM   #2
racha710
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Downingtown-HUGE Baby Equip & Clothing Sale 3/29

Ooo Ive heard of this one, but never made it there!
Old 03-11-2008, 07:59 PM   #3
missemily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

this sounds cool. i'll have to stop by there and pick up some baby things.

emily
Old 03-11-2008, 08:58 PM   #4
moobiegirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sounds awesome! I may have to take a trip. thanks for sharing
Old 03-11-2008, 09:06 PM   #5
saongiri
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

just a little too far -sounds great though!
Old 03-14-2008, 07:54 AM   #6
catkendig
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thought I'd mention that if you go, you should try to get there really early if you are looking for toys or baby gear. That stuff goes remarkably fast - it's typically almost gone by 10:30. If you're looking for clothes for bigger kids, you'll still want to shop as early as you can. If looking for clothes for the little ones (like 24 mos and under) take your time. There's A LOT of that on the racks.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:47 AM   #7
missemily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by catkendig View Post
Thought I'd mention that if you go, you should try to get there really early if you are looking for toys or baby gear. That stuff goes remarkably fast - it's typically almost gone by 10:30. If you're looking for clothes for bigger kids, you'll still want to shop as early as you can. If looking for clothes for the little ones (like 24 mos and under) take your time. There's A LOT of that on the racks.
I can picture a bunch of mom's shoving their way in first. Thanks for the warning though, wegmans for their tea selection then i'll run down here.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:11 PM   #8
kcsunshine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by catkendig View Post

I was wondering about this...I had heard that it's crazy in the beginning, and I wasn't sure if there was anything left after the initial rush. I've always wanted to check this out, and my parents live 5 minutes from the USTC. How is their maternity selection?
kcsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:37 PM   #9
catkendig
Registered Users
seller
seller

Honestly, I've never shopped their maternity selection but I know there's a full rack dedicated to it. And yes, it does go fast although I'm not sure how fast the maternity stuff goes since most people are there to shop for the kids. Doors open at 9 but I know there are some die-hards who line up at 7am. I've still been able to get some really good finds after the initial rush. A lot of times, people hold onto things then run out of cash when it's time to check out so it goes back out to the floor.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:20 PM   #10
kcsunshine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks...I think I'll try to stop by and check it out. I know I won't be there at 7am, though, that's for sure!
kcsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote