Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-10-2008, 06:23 PM   #1
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Random... "commercials"... coming through my computer speakers?

This is so annoying. They're getting more frequent and I don't know how to stop them. I can only assume that they're coming over the internet, but if one's in progress then even turning off my modem doesn't stop it from playing. I have to completely restart my computer. But if my modem's turned off, then after the current one quits, that's usually it (until I turn my modem back on again).

It wouldn't be so bad if it were really just a commercial... but there were several just in the last few minutes that had a bunch of foul language.

I could just keep my speakers turned off all the time, but I do transcription sometimes and the files I receive are on the computer and that's how I play them back. They have to be done w/in a half hour of receiving them, so if I have to stop and restart the computer several times, that really cuts into the time (and subsequently how many files I can do and how much I can earn).

I do have current antivirus and antispyware software. I'm on a PC, using windows XP. I use Firefox, DH uses IE. (But today IE hasn't been on at all.) Is there a such thing as "anticommercial" software? I also have a bunch of music saved onto the computer that DD likes to dance to, but it just doesn't sound the same if there's all these commercials going on at the same time, too.

Advertisement

I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 06:43 AM   #2
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Random... "commercials"... coming through my computer speakers?

Guess I'm the only one. There haven't been any since I posted... I usually keep the weather and the yahoo TV guide as my first two tabs. I didn't have the yahoo tab up this time so maybe it's related to that? I dunno.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 06:53 AM   #3
tyles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Random... "commercials"... coming through my computer speakers?

It could be either one of those first two tabs. I suspect it's a Yahoo ad, but they wouldn't feature foul language I would think. Next time you do hear it, try closing all your browser windows and see what happens.

I keep my sound off until I need it. That way I'm not startled by annoying voice ads.
Do I owe you feedback?! Don't hesitate to remind me!
tyles is offline   Reply With Quote