Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-12-2008, 09:40 AM   #131
mamaof10
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: the updated DS rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
That isn't part of the rule. You need to change it now.

We do our best to reduce scammers, ban them, and keep this place as safe as we possibly can. Ultimately the responsibility is on you. We make no claim to review all cases or make all things right, we can't. We do our best though. You trade here at your own risk. Just like eBay or Amazon or....

EBAY has a system where you can appeal the feedback and you KNOW what is going on. EBAY has a place to file an item not received complaint adn they DO LOOK INTO IT. This is NOTHING like ebay becasue if it was then you would be obligated to look into ALL problems NOT just the ones you want to. You investigate some scammers but others are just free to scam as they wish. must be nice. I will have to remember that from now on.

ETA- copied from http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=251109
Retaliatory Feedback
Retaliatory feedback will not be deleted. It will be EDITED to neutral and the comment changed to "determined retaliatory". Retaliatory feedback is an abuse of the feedback system and will be dealt with as any other violation of the TOS - warnings given and if it is a recurring problem, it may lead to banning

This implies to me that retalitory feedback WILL BE REVIEWED

Advertisement

AND Karlee (21 mos), AND Jessika Dawn 7-6-11!

Last edited by mamaof10; 03-12-2008 at 09:59 AM.
mamaof10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:41 AM   #132
Bugaboo Bottoms
In a HUGE Pile of Wool!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
It is really in total, but again, we have discretion there. Due to our coding guru, Ken, we now have some flexibility to with removing of siggy and avy priveledges. So maybe we won't ban and just remove a siggy if a user has issues there. It is open for proper discretion on the part of our mod team.

Then in all honesty, it's much easier to get banned than you are trying to say it is correct? You are stating that if we receive one strike, we should be able to remember the rule, but that has nothing to do with another rule and another strike. Please understand, you are causing some confusion here.
Bugaboo Bottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:45 AM   #133
AutoShopMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow. Who knew that DS would get so big and so diverse that all this would be necessary? I think someday we will be glad for these new rules.

I do want to put a plug for support in for the idea of being able to dispute a strike, or possibly being banned. It would be nice if we felt like we have some control (other than our posting) as to what happens to us here. Even if our dispute doesn't help you change your mind, we might feel better if we got to dispute
Old 03-12-2008, 09:46 AM   #134
Lee
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kclarkadpi View Post
I just have questions why we can't even mention other boards here..... Is it that threatening? I never get in the drama here and just try to be a good member and do my thing, but I have to ask why the new rules? Why does it make it seem like DS can be our only online board committment?
It is not threatening. The new rules will help keep this community growing and help us rid the forum of some trash to make everyone's experience more enjoyable. I never said DS could be your only community. I can't do that, even if I wanted to. Links do need to be controlled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~happy2Bamommy~ View Post
I was told that when I responded to three mamas that openly ASKED about RME that this was considered spam
You were told wrong then.

Quote:
I am really trying hard to figure out why it matters if someone points out their store or links to another site..
It is spam when you promote your own store unsolicited. In your siggy it is fine to link to your store. See Rule #9

Quote:
.Also, if what Lee has said applies then the wording of this rule needs to be changed:

5. Posting a thread saying, "Hey, look at my siggy"

To me that means ANY thread that says "hey,look at my siggy" is breaking this rule..If it only breaks a rule when linking to their store than this rule needs to state something like "Hey,look at my siggy" threads IF the siggy links to a personal selling site.
I have changed the wording to make it more clear.

Last edited by Lee; 03-12-2008 at 09:52 AM.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:56 AM   #135
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
It is not threatening. The new rules will help keep this community growing and help us rid the forum of some trash to make everyone's experience more enjoyable.

It is spam when you promote your own store unsolicited. In your siggy it is fine to link to your store. See Rule #9

I have changed the wording to make it more clear.
The sticky still has the same wording from yesterday....

And no one has answered if the "saying the same thing twice in one thread" applies to bumping your FSOT or question post.
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 10:05 AM   #136
kclarkadpi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Links do need to be controlled.
WHY? Why can't we share other places on the web that would help make another mama happy? Why? It just doesn't make sense.
Love 'em, but my fav. quote "You've never been in love unless you've contemplated where to hide the body". Haha!
kclarkadpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 10:21 AM   #137
beautiful8
Registered Users
Formerly: beautiful7
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
WHY? Why can't we share other places on the web that would help make another mama happy? Why? It just doesn't make sense.
not to stir the pot but I think this question has been asked alot and has been answered, in the bigger thread *poof be gone*.

The jist of it is, Lee does make $ off this site, and so any competeing site might interfere with that to a degree. It's not that people cannot visit other sites, I think he is simply aksing that we not promote other sites. For example *vote for my kids on such and such mothering board*
etc.

But again I am almost certain that this has been covered in the other thread, maybe page 11 or so?
beautiful8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 10:28 AM   #138
naturalbirthmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

phew. read this thread now on to read the new rules. thank you ooey for posting this. i am on sporadically and would have never known there were new rules.

eta: i can't believe kim is gone
Autumn ~~ Haley 12, Haven 10, Paisley 7, Sterling 5, Camden 3, Finley 1*the bathroom baby* and #7 due August 2015
I have amazing eyelashes! Wanna know how?? www.beautifullyblessedlashes.com
naturalbirthmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 10:31 AM   #139
beautiful8
Registered Users
Formerly: beautiful7
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalbirthmama View Post
phew. read this thread now on to read the new rules. thank you ooey for posting this. i am on sporadically and would have never known there were new rules.

eta: i can't believe kim is gone
I know I miss her..........
beautiful8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 11:37 AM   #140
Lee
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Of course you can mama. You just can't post links that violate our rules.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote