Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-11-2008, 08:30 PM   #21
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: the updated DS rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzmark06 View Post
Only if you use the same Smilie
guess i should browse the smilies, huh?

Advertisement

JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:32 PM   #22
Whimsy Twist
Registered Users
Formerly: Lilymomma
seller

My Mood:

or at least a more detailed description, if not opening the thread... I would love to see some "examples" of what is OK and what is not...

Whimsy Twist
for the love of color...
find me on Facebook or Etsy
Whimsy Twist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:36 PM   #23
Kelolsen-and-Padawan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

mY question is about PMs for selling things. I see someone having an "ISO" (In search of) in their siggy saying that they are ISO a BSWW in medium, for example. Can I PM them and say "I saw that you are looking for a medium BSWW. I have one. Do you want it?" Is that okay or not?
Old 03-11-2008, 08:36 PM   #24
journey
Banned
seller

Ooey is your signature icon flipping us all off?
journey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:37 PM   #25
Kylie&Logan'sMommy
A Mommy's Work is Never Done
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelolsen-and-Padawan View Post
mY question is about PMs for selling things. I see someone having an "ISO" (In search of) in their siggy saying that they are ISO a BSWW in medium, for example. Can I PM them and say "I saw that you are looking for a medium BSWW. I have one. Do you want it?" Is that okay or not?
yes, that is fine you are answering an iso post

its more like you have a cover to sell and you pm 30 mommas saying i have a cover who wants to buy it?
Old 03-11-2008, 08:40 PM   #26
gvroach
CEO of Baby Waste Management
seller

My Mood:

I really dont care about any of this, anymore. My brain hurts. I feel like Im in a chokehold, because where else can you go that has a member count this high and as much info? Nowhere.

But I cant resist a few:

1. Any hateful, rude, racist, derogatory, foul language (spelled correctly or not, this is a family friendly community), insulting, or otherwise mean content (pictures, blinkies, avatars).
Too subjective, you need to be clearer. Because my teasing may be hurtful to someone, and I didnt even realize it.

4. Posting one-liners (abrasive sayings), pictures (picture of person with head up their rear end), or smilies (like banging head against the wall) in threads for the sole purpose of further fueling the fire in a hot topic
Im the queen-o-one-liners! Some threads are meant to be just fun, and people are joking around. Again, this rule needs clarification. I fueld the fire in my own thread, where I jokingly accused mamas of setting me up by telling me to keep the lid off my pail. ACcording to this rule, I broke a rule.

6. Quoting private messages on the forum. Private messages are private.
Not exactly, since youve already told us what we can and cannot pm each other with regards to bad WAHM lists. So our private messages are no longer private, since you are censoring what we say there too.

10. Posting the same thing more than two times in a thread
What about reiterating a point? Debates often lead to people repeating themselves, or rephrasing. I assume you mean the identical wording, but what about for emphasis? I recommend a Lullaby Dreams in evern thread asking for a nighttime diaper, and sometimes go back to recommend it again, because I love it so much.

Also what about bumping? You can bump twice a day, and I know Ive done that for a few days to some of my FSOT listings.

11. Bashing the site staff or DS as an entity (you can share you opinion in a respectful way, but "DS stinks" will NOT be acceptable)
What is the difference between bashing and expressing dissatisfaction? I can certainly say "DS is becoming a difficult place to love, I disagree with the moderation, and the overall attitude of this Mod", which is tantamount to saying "DS stinks."

Last edited by gvroach; 03-11-2008 at 08:51 PM.
gvroach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:41 PM   #27
Fullhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

5. Posting a thread saying, "Hey, look at my siggy"

What if you are trying to point out that you are preggo with a ticker? (or something like that) We can't mention siggys?
Fullhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:47 PM   #28
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

Okay, so if we are allowed to ask questions in this thread here I go:

Quote:
4. Posting one-liners (abrasive sayings), pictures (picture of person with head up their rear end), or smilies (like banging head against the wall) in threads for the sole purpose of further fueling the fire in a hot topic
-Clarify "one-liners (abrasive sayings)" ...I'm not sure I'm understanding, can I get an example?
-How does posting a banghead smiley add fuel to the fire? Doesn't that just experss personal frustrations? How will mods distinguish between what is fueling the fire and what is not?
-do these specific rules only apply to "hot topics" or do they apply to any posts? I only ask because taken out of the context of a hot topic, some of these things may not cause any problem, and could just be funny.

Quote:
7. Linking to a FSOT post regarding a negative/neutral feedback left for you
-Is this just the same thing as the "nobody gets named/identified" rule in the transaction & feedback forum?
Quote:
8. Using a slogan, sign, etc that indicates membership in an elitist clique or group: no cliques please
-Define clique... there are lots of inside jokes on DS, usually branching out of certain threads...so if say I put the mohairknitter in my avatar and Mistylaureena starts a thread saying "Nice Avitar" then puts the mohair knitter in hers too... would that be a violation of the rules because we are friends (could be perceived as a clique I guess?) and we are sporting mohair knitter avatars?

Quote:
9. Unsolicited purchasing opportunities
-What does this mean? I like to post lists of stores, diapers, kinds of diapers or other stuff like that with links to where to buy, my intention is to help new people or people who are looking for that stuff... but if my posts are "unsolicited" does that mean I will get a strike for doing this?

Quote:
10. Posting the same thing more than two times in a thread
-Please explain this and the reason behind it
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:48 PM   #29
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by journey View Post
Ooey is your signature icon flipping us all off?
I was trying to decide if that little bird is flipping the bird or just giving a friendly thumbs up
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:49 PM   #30
Kylie&Logan'sMommy
A Mommy's Work is Never Done
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullhouse View Post
5. Posting a thread saying, "Hey, look at my siggy"

What if you are trying to point out that you are preggo with a ticker? (or something like that) We can't mention siggys?
i guess that one can be taken in different ways

i would say the example you gave wouldnt be wrong, cause this is a parenting board so totally on topic if that makes sense