Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-11-2008, 08:50 PM   #31
journey
Banned
seller

Re: the updated DS rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooey View Post
I was trying to decide if that little bird is flipping the bird or just giving a friendly thumbs up
Or he could be putting up his index finger and moving his head back and forth like, "Oh no you don't girl!"

Advertisement

journey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:52 PM   #32
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie&Logan'sMommy View Post
i guess that one can be taken in different ways

i would say the example you gave wouldnt be wrong, cause this is a parenting board so totally on topic if that makes sense
That needs to be clearly stated in the rules though, since everything is up to the discretion of the mod/admin that happens to be online when it happens and everyone interprets it differently. The rules should say "posting a thread that says "hey look at my siggy" if the siggy contains any links."
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:53 PM   #33
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by journey View Post
Or he could be putting up his index finger and moving his head back and forth like, "Oh no you don't girl!"
I personally think it looks like my DH's grandma who is a little Asian lady that always goes around giving the thumbs up and saying "numba one..." it's one of the few English phrases she knows
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!

Last edited by Ooey; 03-11-2008 at 09:03 PM.
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:53 PM   #34
srfbluemama
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Wow, the new rules are, um, strict. I have always loved lurking on the drama threads (what can I say, I don't get out much ), but with these rules there probably won't be much drama anymore. At least not for long anyway. Now I'll go hide somewhere so I don't do anything to get myself banned.

ETA: Thanks for starting this thread--I think I would have missed the new rules and wouldn't have even known they were there.

Last edited by srfbluemama; 03-11-2008 at 09:09 PM.
srfbluemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:55 PM   #35
MamaOf3Cuties
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdartwife View Post
I asked that military moms be excused from the rule about using "coded letters" because military "speak" is full of acronyms. (And this is JUST for the military moms when speaking of military life) If a civilian is reading the military forum and is confused as to the acronyms, then that's on them. I don't want to have to spell out every stinkin acronym when speaking with fellow military moms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie&Logan'sMommy View Post
i am on now and will try to answer questions

as far as the letters go, of course you can still abreviate(spelll?) diapers and stuff like that, that rule is so that you dont put xldkjlsdjkfalskj in your siggy with your group of friends and you are the only ones who know what it is.

hope that helps to explain it

feel free to pm me or any other mod/admin and we/i will try to help you understand it

guess it's a good thing that so many of us have repeated what the letters mean in threads then so that way the general public knows what our letters mean
Old 03-11-2008, 08:57 PM   #36
meowmixx3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm also wondering about the military thing. Like do I have to spell out COC (chain of command), LPO (lead petty officer), NRD (navy recruiting district), NSB (naval submarine base)? The military mamas know but most total civilian families don't.
meowmixx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:58 PM   #37
Kylie&Logan'sMommy
A Mommy's Work is Never Done
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
That needs to be clearly stated in the rules though, since everything is up to the discretion of the mod/admin that happens to be online when it happens and everyone interprets it differently. The rules should say "posting a thread that says "hey look at my siggy" if the siggy contains any links."
i agree, since they were just posted today i am sure that they may be worded differently soon so they are more clear and not vague
Old 03-11-2008, 09:00 PM   #38
meowmixx3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I agree with the fact that there needs to be short examples of what is ok and what isn't. It's better to more specific than vague on the rules since many people are confused on what constitutes this or that; or since violations can be determined differently by different mods or admins.
meowmixx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:00 PM   #39
journey
Banned
seller

Quote:
I personally think it looks like my DH's grandma who is a little Asian lady that always goes around giving the thumbs up and saying "number one..." it's one of the few English phrases she knows
I have a great visual right now.

Reminds me of my step dad who is from Czech. The only phrase he knows is, You want beer? He asks ds that all the time, he's 7!

Ummm I mean ds is 7 not my step dad, lol.
journey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:06 PM   #40
Thrice Blessed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by journey View Post
I have a great visual right now.

Reminds me of my step dad who is from Czech. The only phrase he knows is, You want beer? He asks ds that all the time, he's 7!

Ummm I mean ds is 7 not my step dad, lol.