Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-11-2008, 09:39 PM   #61
beautiful8
Registered Users
Formerly: beautiful7
seller

My Mood:
Re: the updated DS rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie&Logan'sMommy View Post
i dont think anyone would be shocked if they got banned, you would def. know you did something wrong imo

people put posts in the wrong forum all the time, we are always moving stuff. basically if you make something it goes in the wahm forum, chat, wares etc. if you post in fitteds, someone will probably pm you to say they moved your thread to wahm wares, and if you arent already a member they will ask you to apply for membership. now if you do that and in 2 weeks post again to fitteds even though you knew you needed to post in wares then that is considered spam.

does that help clear it up any?

oh we were posting at the same time

yes that makes perfect sense.

I have dumb brain and I worry because I forget stuff ALOT, but I'll make sure and not redo anything if I get scolded

Advertisement

beautiful8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:40 PM   #62
Lee
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcake2386 View Post
but diaper acronyms are still ok, right?
Yes, as these are common and known to most. No secrets there.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:44 PM   #63
ashleykaymay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Yes, as these are common and known to most. No secrets there.
neither is our siggy! people ask all the time and we tell them! its all done nicely too.....
Old 03-11-2008, 09:46 PM   #64
Unregistered

Quote:
i dont think anyone would be shocked if they got banned, you would def. know you did something wrong imo

people put posts in the wrong forum all the time, we are always moving stuff. basically if you make something it goes in the wahm forum, chat, wares etc. if you post in fitteds, someone will probably pm you to say they moved your thread to wahm wares, and if you arent already a member they will ask you to apply for membership. now if you do that and in 2 weeks post again to fitteds even though you knew you needed to post in wares then that is considered spam.

does that help clear it up any?
but isn't this the reason Kim got banned? She posted a thread in diaper chatter about needed a HC name....She was not told it was wrong, in fact you moved it to wahm for her and the reason you said you moved it is because "it would get more replies in there"
Old 03-11-2008, 09:48 PM   #65
moonphishers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

FTR - I kinda got an answer... but I least I got something. Good luck to all of you - hope this all resovles painlessly, and soon.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:49 PM   #66
Lee
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelolsen-and-Padawan View Post
mY question is about PMs for selling things. I see someone having an "ISO" (In search of) in their siggy saying that they are ISO a BSWW in medium, for example. Can I PM them and say "I saw that you are looking for a medium BSWW. I have one. Do you want it?" Is that okay or not?
Yes, because they have solicited it.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:49 PM   #67
Kylie&Logan'sMommy
A Mommy's Work is Never Done
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
but isn't this the reason Kim got banned? She posted a thread in diaper chatter about needed a HC name....She was not told it was wrong, in fact you moved it to wahm for her and the reason you said you moved it is because "it would get more replies in there"
yes, but it wasnt as simple as she posted somethign in the wrong place and it was moved

there was more to it that happened before i was an admin so i cant explain the specifics cause i dont know them, but it has been posted several times to day by cowmommy and lee i believe the reasons that she was banned.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:51 PM   #68
Lee
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooey View Post
That needs to be clearly stated in the rules though, since everything is up to the discretion of the mod/admin that happens to be online when it happens and everyone interprets it differently. The rules should say "posting a thread that says "hey look at my siggy" if the siggy contains any links."
No, as pointing someone to your preggo ticker isn't spam. Pointing someone to your store is. Remember, the DS staff aren't morons and they aren't out to get you. They will use there discretion and they are good at what they do!
Old 03-11-2008, 09:52 PM   #69
Unregistered

Quote:
yes, but it wasnt as simple as she posted somethign in the wrong place and it was moved

there was more to it that happened before i was an admin so i cant explain the specifics cause i dont know them, but it has been posted several times to day by cowmommy and lee i believe the reasons that she was banned.
RIght, they said that she was banned for spamming for the last time. and the thread that they are sayiing is spam was not, according to you, when you moved it for her. She was asking for a HC name?
Old 03-11-2008, 09:57 PM   #70
beautiful8
Registered Users
Formerly: beautiful7
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
RIght, they said that she was banned for spamming for the last time. and the thread that they are sayiing is spam was not, according to you, when you moved it for her. She was asking for a HC name?
oh i'm supposed to be in bed, darn

yeah that isn't even technically a *business* yet. She was saying WHEN she starts one...help with a name please.
beautiful8 is offline   Reply With Quote