Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-17-2012, 07:56 AM   #91
DealSeekingMomma
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Share how you got started ECing and EC tips

My son is 11mo and I recently started putting him on the potty right before bath time. For months I've been saying "hmm hmm" when he poops and saying "pee pee" when I know that he peed. So when I put him on the potty I say, you can "pee pee" or "hmm hmm" if you need to. He has done it several times now. Sometimes he stands up off his potty and pees on the floor, so I've started putting the potty in the empty bath tub so it is easier to clean up, and that has worked well.

Advertisement

DealSeekingMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #92
dreamingoffireflies
Registered Users
seller

When I first heard of EC I thought it was pretty "out there". I soon heard some success stories but still didn't think it was for me. Then someone showed me this article: (http://domanmom.com/2012/07/things-y...y-train-later/) about things any parent can do, even if they don't want to fully commit to EC, and they seemed like great ideas. My son is currently 13 months old. We've used the word "poop" frequently for many months so he knows what it means even though he's not really talking yet, and once he used the word when I had forgotten to change him after he pooped and stuck him in the high chair for breakfast! We got a potty about a month ago and leave it around for him to get used to and start sitting on even clothed. Once I tried taking off his diaper and putting him on the potty when I noticed him straining to poop, but I think I was too abrupt about it and he started crying. But a couple days ago I tried again and it worked! I have to distract him with a book while he sits on the potty because he looses concentration when I strip him down and move him (he's not walking yet), but after a minute or two he pooped in the potty! Yesterday I wasn't near him during pooping time, but today I saw the cues again and repeated the process, so it was pretty much 2 successes in a row! So I think we are getting on board the EC train!

My ISO/IHA
dreamingoffireflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:06 AM   #93
cytherea
Registered Users

A RL friend of mine introduced me to EC when I was still pregnant; I'd always thought it was crazy talk before, lol. But watching it work with her DS convinced me to try it with mine when he was born.

When he was a bitty, bitty newborn, we'd just use our cue ("You used the toilet!") every time we could hear him give one of those explosive newborn poops, LOL, as well as every time we could tell he peed.

As soon as he got to the point where he could sit up with help, we started holding him on the potty with every diaper change and cuing him to go. Sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't, but he hasn't even ONCE peed on us (or pooped!) during a diaper change/doctor's appointment/bath/etc since, and now he's 15mos. So I'm definitely a believer, lol.
cytherea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:23 AM   #94
sdawdy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Share how you got started ECing

What is a BBLP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by youmb00 View Post
I happen to come across EC on mamaroo's website when DD was about 2 mo. I was so shocked/over whelmed, I couldn't even begin to think about trying. then I rented one of the EC books from our library and it seemed so right for me.

I bought the BBLP just for fun, thinking if I fail, DD can always use it later. Well, it worked! I've been hooked ever since. I have plenty of misses still but we have lots of fun with it.

For cue words, I use "potty potty potty!" or "pssst" or "poopy poopy poopy" and any of the combination. DD usually knows it's time to pee when I sit her on the potty without any cue words. Oh, and I do a little peepee dance also..
sdawdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:39 AM   #95
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdawdy
What is a BBLP?
Baby bjorn little potty
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #96
Mommamojo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did a video on how we did it...
http://youtu.be/aDBn0F6BXO0
Mommamojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:30 PM   #97
goddessdanielle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Share how you got started ECing

I used a hissing noise
goddessdanielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 12:19 PM   #98
babybearaboo
Registered Users

I started putting my 9 month old on the toilet when I could tell he was straining for poo and I thought it had to be hard to poop against the floor and that the toilet might be more comfy! We're still learning but I love it and am so impressed with my little guy!
babybearaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:46 PM   #99
Miye10
Registered Users
seller

Is it ever too late to start EC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Miye10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:42 PM   #100
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miye10
Is it ever too late to start EC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can technically start EC any time until potty training age, at which point it just becomes potty training.
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote