Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2008, 01:36 PM   #51
mum2James&Julia
Registered Users
Formerly: mum2James&Bean
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ok so Kim was allowed back...what about the others who were banned trying...

Also, I have to add, I did get a bit more heated than I normally would on one of the threads the other day (though perhaps not to the extent of some), and I haven't heard a word about it. I'm sure I likely said something more ridiculous that certain ladies who have been banned... so see how I'm confused... the ladies must have done something behind the scenes, otherwise it makes no sense at all. I'd just like to know what they did (if anything at all) so my heart can be certain they weren't banned for nothing. If they were banned for simply speaking out on those threads, as I did, then either ban me too, or please bring them back. Gotta keep it fair.

Advertisement

Old 03-15-2008, 01:36 PM   #52
cassondruh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ok so Kim was allowed back...what about the others who were banned trying...

oh and just for the record, I'm pretty neutral with everything that has gone on the past few days, I'm just stating that the new vibe of the community seems really tense because some mamas were banned and don't know why - and feel they were lumped into a group of people.
which does make me more hesitant to participate in the forums because some day I might be lumped in with a certain group... KWIM?
and I know some of you will say to that, "well then just don't come here then" but I think that reasoning is a way of avoiding the issue at hand. which is the vibe the community has going on right now... all the tension I mean.
Old 03-15-2008, 01:51 PM   #53
presleycaedmon
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdartwife View Post
Having served in the military, I happen to fully know what a planned, pre-meditated plan of attack looks like, and this aint' it. What SOME of the mama's did was called a hasty ambush. And I use the word HASTY because it was all in direct reaction to Kim being banned and the new rules. There was nothing planned. There was nothing pre-meditated. Towards the end of the "banning crusade", yes, there were some that started to plan things because it was becoming obvious that Kim would get reinstated while the others that came to her aid, would not. She asked for help, spread her own hateful "I hate Lee, I hate DS, they can (insert filthy, ****ographic action here)" herself, and many people did come to her aid. Of course they're upset now, they have every reason to be.

I've sat back and watched alot of this, I've seen alot of hateful stuff and wouldn't ya know it.. the most hateful stuff didn't even come from fellow BGers! I went to bat for your family, Lee, against a person that wasn't even a BG!! She was one of your own!

I agree with zosiasmama. I understand the job of being a mod is hard and must be extremely time consuming but it still doesn't give anyone the right to arbitrarily enforce laws against people they have a personal problem against. I'd have to say that people that affiliate themselves with BG's aren't the problem.

Harmony96... Being military and a military wife, I've seen enough bad things in this world that I think I'll be the judge of what keeps my peace of mind peaceful. While I can appreciate the idea that someone just doesn't want to share "gory" details, with the actions of what's happened, it just begs for suspicion, kwim?

I really do hope the board settles down and things run smoothly from here on out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelolsen-and-Padawan View Post
I think people are too afraid to express frustration for fear of banning/strikes.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:54 PM   #54
pinkflamingos77
Registered Users

I want to say that when I posted the "poof be gone" thread. My intentions were to not start any drama at all. I was only suggesting that we need a hash it out board or a board where we can go and say what we want and how we feel without things getting deleted. I had to leave the thread because it took on a whole level that i did not expect. I came back the next day and it was locked....go figure! That thread got out of control and crazy. That was not what I wanted from posting the thread. EVERYONE said things in the heat of the moment. Everyone said things because they were very angry about the situation. Maybe some people went overboard. Maybe some people did not know when to stop but I am sure they meant no harm. I am more then sure they are not "hateful" mamas that are out to get diaper swappers! I am glad Kim got to come back but I think EVERYONE else should get a 2nd chance. It does not seem fair or right to bring one member back and not the others. I have been hanging low on here since that night but I just felt the need to post in this thread.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:08 PM   #55
ClothDiaperMePlease
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelolsen-and-Padawan View Post
I think people are too afraid to express frustration for fear of banning/strikes.
I agree. I read about all of this on the Drama Blog. It is pretty upsetting to see that mamas who were defending someone who DESERVED her punishment were punished too.
The midwife considers the miracle of childbirth as normal, and leaves it alone unless there's trouble. The obstetrician normally sees childbirth as trouble. If he leaves it alone, it's a miracle.-Sheila Stubbs
Old 03-15-2008, 03:56 PM   #56
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

Quote:
I am glad Kim got to come back but I think EVERYONE else should get a 2nd chance. It does not seem fair or right to bring one member back and not the others.
I agree with that. I think the whole situation the other night just got out of hand, people got caught up in the moment, and everyone should be given the benefit of a clean slate, just like Kim did, minus the people that were banned because they were filling up PM boxes with SPAM.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:17 PM   #57
MarinesFamily5
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox View Post
The decison has been made, Lee answered truthfully and their really is no more to it. I am sorry some of you feel it's not fair but the need to continue to ask the same questions that have been answered will not change what has been explained by Lee.
I feel there really is a double standard... same thing was said about Kim's banning but she was allowed back, even though she was enciting some of the drama that has been so prevalent.
I know some mama's (onlygirl being one) was not part of a "planned attack" but were grouped with them none the less.

IMO the tension, frustration and anger being felt board wide will not disipate unless we can try to start anew... by in reinstating a good deal of mama's who were banned whithin the last few days.

We really should be focused on banning the people that come here and scam mama's not ones that occasionally annoy or anger Lee. KWIM ? think about the bigger picture?
Old 03-15-2008, 04:25 PM   #58
MamaOf3Cuties
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkflamingos77 View Post
I want to say that when I posted the "poof be gone" thread. My intentions were to not start any drama at all. I was only suggesting that we need a hash it out board or a board where we can go and say what we want and how we feel without things getting deleted. I had to leave the thread because it took on a whole level that i did not expect. I came back the next day and it was locked....go figure! That thread got out of control and crazy. That was not what I wanted from posting the thread. EVERYONE said things in the heat of the moment. Everyone said things because they were very angry about the situation. Maybe some people went overboard. Maybe some people did not know when to stop but I am sure they meant no harm. I am more then sure they are not "hateful" mamas that are out to get diaper swappers! I am glad Kim got to come back but I think EVERYONE else should get a 2nd chance. It does not seem fair or right to bring one member back and not the others. I have been hanging low on here since that night but I just felt the need to post in this thread.
It's ok mama. It was a really rough night. What I think a lot of people don't understand is that this is more than just a board to a lot of people. This is where a lot of our friends are, and this is where we get support. However, it is also a place where heated arguments can occur because when you are dealing with frustration, anger, hormones, and whatnot things can get totally out of control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tararaboomdeea View Post
I agree with that. I think the whole situation the other night just got out of hand, people got caught up in the moment, and everyone should be given the benefit of a clean slate, just like Kim did, minus the people that were banned because they were filling up PM boxes with SPAM.
yeah... the PM box spam thing was irritating - that's right up there with scammers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinesFamily5 View Post
I feel there really is a double standard... same thing was said about Kim's banning but she was allowed back, even though she was enciting some of the drama that has been so prevalent.
I know some mama's (onlygirl being one) was not part of a "planned attack" but were grouped with them none the less.

IMO the tension, frustration and anger being felt board wide will not disipate unless we can try to start anew... by in reinstating a good deal of mama's who were banned whithin the last few days.

We really should be focused on banning the people that come here and scam mama's not ones that occasionally annoy or anger Lee. KWIM ? think about the bigger picture?
well said
Old 03-15-2008, 04:27 PM   #59
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

All the way around this is just a really crappy situation and I feel sorry for all that got involved defending someone, and having not been unbanned.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:27 PM   #60
chunkymonkey'smomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is where I am perplexed... If Kim was the one "stirring the pot" because she felt she was unjustly banned, then she rallied for other Mama's to come to her defense based off her words of the "injustice served"... then why is her slate clean and no one else's? If we are really "clumping" people into stereotypes such as "hateful mama's" isn't she just as guilty??? She "allied" with the "hateful people" when it benefited her situation.
Closed Thread