Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-16-2008, 09:11 AM   #1
Kiddoson
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
FSOT questions...

I have heard recently about charge backs on paypal after item was sent. does delivery confirmation prevent that? Also what does everyone do about selling to new users? I was new user once but I also can't afford to loose out. how many posts do you need to PM someone? thanks!

Advertisement

Old 03-16-2008, 09:16 AM   #2
asianmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: FSOT questions...

i can only answer a few questions

u need 5 posts to pm someone. to prevent paypal charged backs u can only ask to have funded paypal. not sure if there is a way to get money from that- especially when u provide a dc#

i trust my gut. if i get a weird feeling from some one i move on and sell to another person. also if u are antsy ask if they have feedback any where else and do some investigating before saying yay or nay...
Amen.
asianmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 11:31 AM   #3
Kelolsen-and-Padawan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't know about DC and chargebacks. I might go to PP and do their live help and ask! I know that DC will protect you if the person claims that it wasn't received or it wasn't what they thought - like someone deciding they don't want it anymore and want to return it. You don't have to take it back and if they file w/ PP they won't win if you have DC.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:42 AM   #4
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianmama View Post
i can only answer a few questions

u need 5 posts to pm someone. to prevent paypal charged backs u can only ask to have funded paypal. not sure if there is a way to get money from that- especially when u provide a dc#

i trust my gut. if i get a weird feeling from some one i move on and sell to another person. also if u are antsy ask if they have feedback any where else and do some investigating before saying yay or nay...

Yeah I think only taking funded is a good idea if you are really worried about someone doing a charge back. What happened with me in a recent situation, was the buyer claims she didn't file a charge back, apparently she just overspent a bunch and so when paypal went to get the money from the creidt card it was maxed out, then they went to her back up source which was a bank account and that was overdrawn so paypal couldn't get the money so they tried to take it back from me, the seller. They didn't take it back right away though, just froze the funds until the "inquiry" could be completed, at which time I had a chance to respond. So anyway the moral of that story is there is more than one way to get $crewed in a credit card paypal transaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelolsen-and-Padawan View Post
I don't know about DC and chargebacks. I might go to PP and do their live help and ask! I know that DC will protect you if the person claims that it wasn't received or it wasn't what they thought - like someone deciding they don't want it anymore and want to return it. You don't have to take it back and if they file w/ PP they won't win if you have DC.
Yeah that makes sense unless the person decides to send the package back to you anyway with out asking your permission In which case you find yourself getting the item back in the mail with no choice but to refund (because most of us decent mamas wouldn't feel right keeping the money and the item), unless you want to spend more money to ship it back to the person. and yes someone is actually doing this to people.
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!

Last edited by Ooey; 03-16-2008 at 11:45 AM.
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 12:11 PM   #5
Bugaboo Bottoms
In a HUGE Pile of Wool!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddoson View Post
I have heard recently about charge backs on paypal after item was sent. does delivery confirmation prevent that? Also what does everyone do about selling to new users? I was new user once but I also can't afford to loose out. how many posts do you need to PM someone? thanks!
You need 15 posts to PM someone.
Bugaboo Bottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 12:30 PM   #6
Kelolsen-and-Padawan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

[QUOTE=Ooey;3053110

Yeah that makes sense unless the person decides to send the package back to you anyway with out asking your permission In which case you find yourself getting the item back in the mail with no choice but to refund (because most of us decent mamas wouldn't feel right keeping the money and the item), unless you want to spend more money to ship it back to the person. and yes someone is actually doing this to people.[/QUOTE]

I think I know who it is. I've heard a similiar story tht happened to someone.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:36 PM   #7
asianmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugaboo Bottoms View Post
You need 15 posts to PM someone.
he lowered that requirement to 5
Amen.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:37 PM   #8
asianmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooey View Post
Yeah I think only taking funded is a good idea if you are really worried about someone doing a charge back. What happened with me in a recent situation, was the buyer claims she didn't file a charge back, apparently she just overspent a bunch and so when paypal went to get the money from the creidt card it was maxed out, then they went to her back up source which was a bank account and that was overdrawn so paypal couldn't get the money so they tried to take it back from me, the seller. They didn't take it back right away though, just froze the funds until the "inquiry" could be completed, at which time I had a chance to respond. So anyway the moral of that story is there is more than one way to get $crewed in a credit card paypal transaction.

and i didnt know they could screw u out of money that way... thanks for the head ups...
Amen.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:59 PM   #9
Bugaboo Bottoms
In a HUGE Pile of Wool!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianmama View Post
he lowered that requirement to 5
Oh, I didn't know...thanks!
Bugaboo Bottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 04:37 PM   #10
Kiddoson
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So let me ask this. I got a reply to my wool cover for sale but she can't PM yet (4 posts). told me to PM her. should I? I have sold to newbies before and never gave it a thought but with the charge back thing I starting thinking....