Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2008, 09:11 AM   #1
Kiddoson's Avatar
Kiddoson
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 660
My Mood:
FSOT questions...

I have heard recently about charge backs on paypal after item was sent. does delivery confirmation prevent that? Also what does everyone do about selling to new users? I was new user once but I also can't afford to loose out. how many posts do you need to PM someone? thanks!

Advertisement

__________________
Kim
Mom of DD, 13 years and DS 6 years!
Kiddoson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 09:16 AM   #2
asianmama's Avatar
asianmama
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: oregon
Posts: 6,447
My Mood:
Re: FSOT questions...

i can only answer a few questions

u need 5 posts to pm someone. to prevent paypal charged backs u can only ask to have funded paypal. not sure if there is a way to get money from that- especially when u provide a dc#

i trust my gut. if i get a weird feeling from some one i move on and sell to another person. also if u are antsy ask if they have feedback any where else and do some investigating before saying yay or nay...
__________________
Oh Almighty God,Whose Great Power And Eternal
Wisdom Embraces The Universe,Watch Over All Policemen and Law Enforcement Officers.
Protect Them From Harm. Protect the Brave Men & Women,Grant Them Your Almighty Protection,Unite Them Safely With Their Families After Duty Has Ended.
Amen.
asianmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 11:31 AM   #3
Kelolsen-and-Padawan's Avatar
Kelolsen-and-Padawan
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Maine (Brunswick)
Posts: 8,362
My Mood:
Re: FSOT questions...

I don't know about DC and chargebacks. I might go to PP and do their live help and ask! I know that DC will protect you if the person claims that it wasn't received or it wasn't what they thought - like someone deciding they don't want it anymore and want to return it. You don't have to take it back and if they file w/ PP they won't win if you have DC.
__________________
Kelly, coffee addicted internet junkie married to my navy man Scott, and mama to Ethan 12.25.05 and Lucas 6.10.08
Adorn- nursing/babywearing necklaces, jewelry, beaded watches, and wine charms. Click me!
Kelolsen-and-Padawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 11:42 AM   #4
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 11,254
Re: FSOT questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianmama View Post
i can only answer a few questions

u need 5 posts to pm someone. to prevent paypal charged backs u can only ask to have funded paypal. not sure if there is a way to get money from that- especially when u provide a dc#

i trust my gut. if i get a weird feeling from some one i move on and sell to another person. also if u are antsy ask if they have feedback any where else and do some investigating before saying yay or nay...

Yeah I think only taking funded is a good idea if you are really worried about someone doing a charge back. What happened with me in a recent situation, was the buyer claims she didn't file a charge back, apparently she just overspent a bunch and so when paypal went to get the money from the creidt card it was maxed out, then they went to her back up source which was a bank account and that was overdrawn so paypal couldn't get the money so they tried to take it back from me, the seller. They didn't take it back right away though, just froze the funds until the "inquiry" could be completed, at which time I had a chance to respond. So anyway the moral of that story is there is more than one way to get $crewed in a credit card paypal transaction.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelolsen-and-Padawan View Post
I don't know about DC and chargebacks. I might go to PP and do their live help and ask! I know that DC will protect you if the person claims that it wasn't received or it wasn't what they thought - like someone deciding they don't want it anymore and want to return it. You don't have to take it back and if they file w/ PP they won't win if you have DC.
Yeah that makes sense unless the person decides to send the package back to you anyway with out asking your permission In which case you find yourself getting the item back in the mail with no choice but to refund (because most of us decent mamas wouldn't feel right keeping the money and the item), unless you want to spend more money to ship it back to the person. and yes someone is actually doing this to people.
__________________
Kaela
Mama to
Whilder (8)Olian (6)
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!

Last edited by Ooey; 03-16-2008 at 11:45 AM.
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 12:11 PM   #5
Bugaboo Bottoms's Avatar
Bugaboo Bottoms
In a HUGE Pile of Wool!
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,750
My Mood:
Re: FSOT questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddoson View Post
I have heard recently about charge backs on paypal after item was sent. does delivery confirmation prevent that? Also what does everyone do about selling to new users? I was new user once but I also can't afford to loose out. how many posts do you need to PM someone? thanks!
You need 15 posts to PM someone.
__________________
Kellie - Mom to Joe 9/11/91, Jacob 1/12/05, Caleb 5/27/06
I've earned over $250 and counting. Sign up HERE for Swagbucks if you like free stuff!
Bugaboo Bottoms Yummy Knit Sets and To DYE for LWI Interlock!
Bugaboo Bottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 12:30 PM   #6
Kelolsen-and-Padawan's Avatar
Kelolsen-and-Padawan
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Maine (Brunswick)
Posts: 8,362
My Mood:
Re: FSOT questions...

[QUOTE=Ooey;3053110




Yeah that makes sense unless the person decides to send the package back to you anyway with out asking your permission In which case you find yourself getting the item back in the mail with no choice but to refund (because most of us decent mamas wouldn't feel right keeping the money and the item), unless you want to spend more money to ship it back to the person. and yes someone is actually doing this to people.[/QUOTE]

I think I know who it is. I've heard a similiar story tht happened to someone.
__________________
Kelly, coffee addicted internet junkie married to my navy man Scott, and mama to Ethan 12.25.05 and Lucas 6.10.08
Adorn- nursing/babywearing necklaces, jewelry, beaded watches, and wine charms. Click me!
Kelolsen-and-Padawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 12:36 PM   #7
asianmama's Avatar
asianmama
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: oregon
Posts: 6,447
My Mood:
Re: FSOT questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugaboo Bottoms View Post
You need 15 posts to PM someone.
he lowered that requirement to 5
__________________
Oh Almighty God,Whose Great Power And Eternal
Wisdom Embraces The Universe,Watch Over All Policemen and Law Enforcement Officers.
Protect Them From Harm. Protect the Brave Men & Women,Grant Them Your Almighty Protection,Unite Them Safely With Their Families After Duty Has Ended.
Amen.
asianmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 12:37 PM   #8
asianmama's Avatar
asianmama
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: oregon
Posts: 6,447
My Mood:
Re: FSOT questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooey View Post
Yeah I think only taking funded is a good idea if you are really worried about someone doing a charge back. What happened with me in a recent situation, was the buyer claims she didn't file a charge back, apparently she just overspent a bunch and so when paypal went to get the money from the creidt card it was maxed out, then they went to her back up source which was a bank account and that was overdrawn so paypal couldn't get the money so they tried to take it back from me, the seller. They didn't take it back right away though, just froze the funds until the "inquiry" could be completed, at which time I had a chance to respond. So anyway the moral of that story is there is more than one way to get $crewed in a credit card paypal transaction.



and i didnt know they could screw u out of money that way... thanks for the head ups...
__________________
Oh Almighty God,Whose Great Power And Eternal
Wisdom Embraces The Universe,Watch Over All Policemen and Law Enforcement Officers.
Protect Them From Harm. Protect the Brave Men & Women,Grant Them Your Almighty Protection,Unite Them Safely With Their Families After Duty Has Ended.
Amen.
asianmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 02:59 PM   #9
Bugaboo Bottoms's Avatar
Bugaboo Bottoms
In a HUGE Pile of Wool!
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,750
My Mood:
Re: FSOT questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianmama View Post
he lowered that requirement to 5
Oh, I didn't know...thanks!
__________________
Kellie - Mom to Joe 9/11/91, Jacob 1/12/05, Caleb 5/27/06
I've earned over $250 and counting. Sign up HERE for Swagbucks if you like free stuff!
Bugaboo Bottoms Yummy Knit Sets and To DYE for LWI Interlock!
Bugaboo Bottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 04:37 PM   #10
Kiddoson's Avatar
Kiddoson
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 660
My Mood:
Re: FSOT questions...

So let me ask this. I got a reply to my wool cover for sale but she can't PM yet (4 posts). told me to PM her. should I? I have sold to newbies before and never gave it a thought but with the charge back thing I starting thinking....
__________________
Kim
Mom of DD, 13 years and DS 6 years!
Kiddoson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.