Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-17-2008, 07:37 AM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Non-vaxing Mommies- Need your advice

Thanks Mamas!
I am still doing my reading on this so I can be armed with great information. My maternal insticnt says "no vaxs" (I cried like a baby when he got his only round of vaxs at 2 mo), but I am still trying to find my confidence to "face the world" with my decision.
More and more I am realizing that you can never make a perfect decision as a mother. If I vax, he might get sick from the vax and I will hate myself. If he gets a VPD, I will certainly get negative feedback from medical professionals, family etc and will likely feel guilty...double edged sword.
My gut has rarely steered me wrong and I need to follow my instinct on this one.

Wife to my best-friend Dan and a AP, BW, no more vaxing, combat-boot-clad Army Mama to my sweet baby-boy Ian (11/10/07)
sarahohm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:03 AM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

It was hard for me to stand up about it too. Fortunately, I think children make us braver.
Mamma to DS(07) and a happy steward of the Earth
nothingtosee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:14 AM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

It definitely is damned if you do, damned if you don't kinda thing. You vax and you risk reactions and the disease to a lesser extent. You don't vax and you risk the disease to a greater extent.

The way I look at it, we know how to treat teh VPD, very very few people know how to treat vax reactions and even then the research on it compared to the diseases themselves is drastically less.
SAHM to D 10.05 , C 3.07, O 12.11 and EDD 10/2013

[COLOR="Red"]ISO: Girly Alva or Sunbaby OS for a mama on a budget.
Kanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:27 AM   #14
My Mood:

so bring up the one size fits all argument. That hushed up our ped quick! After that he hasn't said a single word about vaxing. At the time I was unsure if I would get them at all...was pondering about it as they got older. Now, they will never be vax'd!
Missah78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:49 AM   #15
Registered Users

DS was vaxed untill 6 mos. which i regret doing( made him more sick from vaxing) i work in daycare( im the nursery teacher) and the lo's are sick ALL THE TIME!!! the only time ds would get sick is after his vax. since i had stopped he is MUCH healthier!! he still gets colds n such but thatll just help make his system stronger in the long run. DS is EBF too and that helps out a bunch!! most children in the general pop. are vaxed and you shouldnt have to worry abuot catching anything from them(arent they immune to llness now anyways? J/K)

Momma to 99, 07 & Stella Grace 10/28/10
~My Star In Heaven~
lil'mommakaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:54 AM   #16
Registered Users
My Mood:

My philosophy is I can always give a vax later. I can't take one back. So we don't vax at all (DS1 had one hep. B vax in the hospital, DS2 has had and will have none.) However, I'm open to the idea that somewhere down the line there might be a vaccine that I think is a good idea to have and will get. The likelyhood of that happening is not good, but like I said I try to keep an open mind.
Sarah Lynne
Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin (5.5) and Steven (4) Tristyn (2) and Laurelyn (9 mo)
Mommy2Austin is offline   Reply With Quote