Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-18-2008, 02:46 PM   #11
CJKJ
Registered Users
seller

Re: I am officially the worst tooth fairy ever!

That's a good idea to have a tooth fairy assistant!

I talked to her after school and we agreed on starting a tradition of going out for ice cream when you lose a tooth.

Advertisement

Old 03-18-2008, 03:03 PM   #12
Jillybean
Registered Users
seller

My kids always ask to keep their tooth(I did the same when I was a kid) so we write a note asking the tooth fairy if it would be okay to keep the tooth but still get the money. This is a little easier because you just have to slip the money under the pillow, you don't have to worry about getting the tooth out. Even with this plan, I still sometimes forget and I have had kids come in all worried that the tooth fairy didn't come so I just fibbed and said maybe you knocked the money off your bed in your sleep and while they are looking all over and around the bed I sneak a dollar and go in and lo and behold Mom is the only one who looks good enough to find the dollar. I'm sad to say I have pulled this off at least 5 times between 2 kids, the hardest time was when I didn't have a dollar bill and had to scrape up change and sneak it in without them hearing a jingle. I snuck into the kitchen and wrapped the change in plastic wrap, thid time took a little longer than usual so the kids were pretty worried by the time we "found" it but it still worked out okay.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:08 PM   #13
jackkant
Registered Users

My Mood:

My sibs and I had tooth fairy pillows. My mom made one for each of us (all different), complete with a little pocket to put the tooth in. The pillows were very special to us, and I still have mine (I'm almost 21 >.> ).

My blog, The Weekly What-What?! updates on Sundays and Thursdays.

EZ Squeezees Reusable Baby Food Pouch Product Review and Recipe
-- Children's Farm Books -- Children's Steampunk Picture Books
jackkant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 03:12 PM   #14
ConnorsMom06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well my mom was really good at stuff like this, we had a small pillow with a pocket on the front and a ribbon loop at the top , She used to say that the toothfairys wings were to big to fit through the window so she had to some through the front door. So we left the pillow (with the tooth in it) hanging on the front door knob. The next day the tooth was gone and the money was there. It worked for us for years
Old 03-18-2008, 07:12 PM   #15
Roseplummer
Registered Users

My Mood:

You are NOT the worst tooth fairy ever I AM!
We had to stay in a hotel for 4 months after our house was damaged. DD lost her tooth and was worried that the tooth fairy wouldn't find her cause she wasn't at home so we went up to the front desk and left a note for the tooth fairy (they were awesome and played along ) Unfortunately I forgot to do the tooth fairy thing I felt horrible, tooth fairy left an extra dollar . Whats bad is she lost a second tooth at the hotel and I forgot again
Old 03-18-2008, 07:15 PM   #16
Roseplummer
Registered Users

My Mood:

Oh and we always leave the tooth in the living room so that there is no risk of waking up kids with looking for little teeth and tripping over toys.

I don't really know anything special you could do though.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:15 PM   #17
Nanner99
Registered Users
seller

OMG- I am the worst at forgetting! If it makes you feel any better, I forgot this last tooth my 7 yr old lost 2 nights in a row!!!! I finally got it on the 3rd night

ETA- I always tell my dd that the tooth fairy is very busy. But, then she asked why the Tooth Fairy couldn't do it if Santa goes to every kids house in the whole world in 1 night.
I told her the Tooth Fairy had to pace herself b/c she works 365 days a year...

Last edited by Nanner99; 03-18-2008 at 07:17 PM.
Nanner99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 07:22 PM   #18
stacey
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanner99 View Post
ETA- I always tell my dd that the tooth fairy is very busy. But, then she asked why the Tooth Fairy couldn't do it if Santa goes to every kids house in the whole world in 1 night.
I told her the Tooth Fairy had to pace herself b/c she works 365 days a year...
stacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 07:27 PM   #19
lil'mommakaye
Registered Users
seller

your NOT ALONE......I have to admit i am probly the WORST @ any of that stuff!! Just last year i decieded i didnt like to "lie" about stuff like this so i had the "talk" about how santa, the easter bunny and the tooth fairy were not real. well DD (8 @ this time) does NOT believe me, she insisted they are real! DH told her one night again that they werent real and that i was the tooth fairy and she replied"she cant be she doesnt have wings!!" then i even showed her the box of teeth i have of hers! still didnt believe me! now she knows i think and just likes to collect her teeth in the little box i have. she wants to dip one in silver and make a necklace or charm bracelet! so we save them in a box! she still likes to put her teeth under her pillow and have me take them @ night and put them in the box. maybe she does think i am the tooth fairy? o well.

Krystal
Momma to 99, 07 & Stella Grace 10/28/10
~My Star In Heaven~
lil'mommakaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 07:48 PM   #20
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyvegan View Post
(reminding him somewhere in the poem that she took his tooth to gifted gnomes who turn teeth into treasure with their special hammers and what-not)
I have never heard an explaination like that before. How cool!

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote