Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-18-2008, 08:10 PM   #21
Registered Users
Re: I am officially the worst tooth fairy ever!

Originally Posted by jackkant View Post
My sibs and I had tooth fairy pillows. My mom made one for each of us (all different), complete with a little pocket to put the tooth in. The pillows were very special to us, and I still have mine (I'm almost 21 >.> ).
My parents got me a pillow w/ a pocket on it that had a picture of a fairy on it, and came with a book with story about the tooth fairy. I kept both and can't wait to pass them on to my daughter (still waiting for the tooth fairy to BRING her some teeth she's only 4 months old). I just went to find the book.. not sure where I packed the pillow. If anyone is interested... not sure if you can still find the book, but it is called "The Story of the Tooth Fairy" by Sheila Black.
The best thing about having a "tooth fairy pillow" is that it can be left on the bed next to her, or on a bedside table, or even on the livingroom couch... wherever she wants! And we dont' have to worry about waking them up! Here in Canada we don't have $1 bills so I guess she'll get coins.. unless inflation makes the tooth fairy leave $5!

*~Katie~* married to Bryce mommy to Keira (5) & Ethan (2 1/2)
Join me on SWAGBUCKS & search your way to free giftcards!

Last edited by katesmash; 03-18-2008 at 08:12 PM.
katesmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 08:48 PM   #22
Registered Users
My Mood:

In my house growing up we left our tooth in a glass of water in the kitchen. Then the tooth fairy would drop 50 cents into the water for us to fish out. (two quarters)

Talking to my Mom one time when I was in college she said her Mom had done it that way. And she continued because she didn't want to risk waking us up going into our rooms. For the same reason I'll probably carry on the same tradition.
Rhianna'sMommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 09:27 PM   #23
Registered Users

Now that you mention it, I should really go look for the tooth that dd lost on vacation this summer so that she can put it under her pillow finally.
Quiteria is offline   Reply With Quote