Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-28-2008, 07:34 AM   #21
calind115
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Breastfeeding mamas weight loss thread, Lets try this again!

I've been spiratically(sp) doing my pilates and right before I climb into bed thelast few nights I've been doing 100 crunches and 10 push ups(girly ones but the only one that notices is my dh ) I am going to see how many situps I can whip out today, I figure at least 50 every comercial this morning should work, we have a play group this afternoon Yey! its about time! I've been checking my weight I am finally down to 178 For those of you who don't know, I am 5'6" I was 162 preprego got to 198, I didn't want to get over 200!! I got down to 169 then dd and I got sick and shot upto 180. My goal is 150, but dh is deploying and I seem to always lose alot of weight when that happens(I know not good or an excuse but it happens) But when I head home I'm going to get a membership with my mom for curves so we can workout together, but I still want to work on it now!!
How are you ladies doing?

Advertisement

Old 03-29-2008, 10:22 AM   #22
statikradio
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been bad. I didn't do my exercises yesterday

Guess I better do them today!

** Mom of two **
statikradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 11:54 AM   #23
Hayden's Mom
Registered
seller

My Mood:

I have 50 lbs to go to get to my goal! I started before we moved into our new house and I lost 8lbs and now I am at a stand still. Moving and unpacking and I have just been too tired to make sure I'm watching what I'm eating! I plan on starting a workout this next week while Hayden is down for nap.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:47 PM   #24
Cheryl33
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi mamas, I totally need to be part of this thread. I don't have much time to post right now, but I am 11 weeks PP with DD. I think I have about 15 lbs to go until I am at my pre pregnancy weight, although I was a few lbs heavier than usual when I got pregnant, so I wouldn't mind losing a bit more eventually.

anyway I just got this great book from the library you all might want to check out- Eat well, lose weight while breastfeeding written by a female RD that breastfed her two daughters. It's not a diet, it's an eating plan with no restrictions that focuses on eating often and eating well. I recommend checking it out.

Last edited by Cheryl33; 03-29-2008 at 12:48 PM. Reason: to subscribe to the thread
Cheryl33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 07:49 AM   #25
zionnecherub
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi!

We are 10 weeks PP and I have lost 54 lbs (including the baby). I guess that means about 40lbs !!!!!!!!!!!! I gained way to much weight with this one (on top of the way too much weight I gained and never lost with my first)

I am now back down to my pre-#3preg weight. I am determined to get to my pre-all pregnancy weight. I have 35lbs to go

I have been busting my a$$ at the gym. Sometimes I work out twice a day. I have been eating extremely well. Drinking lots of water. My goals are very ambitious...but I try to lose about 5lbs a week.

In the last 5 years I havent had a really good inspiration until now. I have been away from my husband for 7 weeks. He is renovating our house in NC, while the kids and I are living with the inlaws in FL. I just want him to be shocked when he sees me, so that is how I keep pushing on.

Enough about me Good luck to all you mamas!
Old 03-30-2008, 07:55 AM   #26
zionnecherub
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Anyone here not able to run because of chest size? I used to run like 6 years ago and loved it. I tried it a couple days ago and they were just too heavy I felt like everyone was staring at me at the gym. It kind of hurt too. I was wearing 2 bras, maybe I should try like 4
Old 03-30-2008, 09:05 AM   #27
ishyfishie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good news in my weight loss land, I'm 8-10 lbs lighter than I was thinking (so I lost that since the end of February/beginning of March, just by not eating fast food other than Subway!). Dh had also lost 8 lbs in that time, so we were pretty excited! That means our new goals are to lose 10 lbs by June 9th, which I think is pretty manageable. After that, we'll have to decide when to set our next goal of 15 lbs! We're still really lacking on the exercise side but I'm trying to start dancing again a little every day to get back into shape. Started counting WW points last Tuesday, it's going okay but I'm starting to feel deprived, even though I get plenty of points per day because of breastfeeding! It's more like I start craving ice cream or Subway, which CAN be fit into my points as a special treat, but I start wanting them every day. Luckily, finances prevent us from giving into those cravings, but that doesn't help my mood any!
ishyfishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 01:11 PM   #28
infantrywife_101
Registered Users

My Mood:

Oh oh oh.......can I join??? I am almost 5 weeks PP and have lost about 30lbs........but I need to loose about 30 more. I have struggled with my weight since after haveing DD#1. I don't really have an ideal weight I just want to be comfortable with myself, kwim? I came to this realization after my dh last deployment when I lost like 70lbs because I hardly ever ate, took tons of diet pills, and exercized like no other. And when he came home I ended up gaining most of it back because he made me eat. So I know I will probably never be a size 4 again and I can accept that, but I would like to wear from fitting clothes and feel confident.

I am EBFing and man I swear I ALWAYS feel hungry . I drink constantly and eat every few hours. I was hoping that it was just my hormones but the farther pp I get, the more I doubt this is the case. Speaking of starving my tummy is growling again.

Earn FREE paypal, gift cards, and MUCH more with Swagbucks
infantrywife_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 01:27 PM   #29
palmettosweetheart
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

HI mamas! I want to join this thread! DS is 5 months old. I lost all my preggie weight plus some, then the holidays hit and now I am back up. I can still wear most of my prepreggie clothes, but not all. I have at least 30lbs i want to lose. Would love to loose more than that.

I haven't been working out (walking here and there and exercising here and there) because someone told me once that you COULDN'T work out and loose weight while BFing or you would dry up.

Is this true? I have a low milk production anyways (yes, I go to a BF class, pump, fenugreek, etc), so I have been real concerned about that.

If it's not true, help me get started and way-lay my fears!

Thanks!
Old 03-30-2008, 01:36 PM   #30
ishyfishie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmettosweetheart View Post
I haven't been working out (walking here and there and exercising here and there) because someone told me once that you COULDN'T work out and loose weight while BFing or you would dry up.

Is this true? I have a low milk production anyways (yes, I go to a BF class, pump, fenugreek, etc), so I have been real concerned about that.

If it's not true, help me get started and way-lay my fears!

Thanks!
I hadn't heard that, exactly, but on the Weight Watchers site, it does say that if you're breastfeeding, you shouldn't lose more than 1 lb per week because it might impact milk production. I haven't dealt with any supply issues and "accidentally" lost 8 lbs over the course of about 3 or 4 weeks without any noticeable difference, but that's the only reference I've come across regarding supply and weight loss. I do have that "Eat Well, Lose Weight, While Breastfeeding" book recommended somewhere above, I'll check it for information later, but maybe someone who's read it can tell us if there's anything in there about supply issues?
ishyfishie is offline   Reply With Quote