Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-30-2008, 02:10 PM   #31
duckpondsunset
Registered Users
Formerly: duckpondatdusk
seller

My Mood:
Wink Re: Breastfeeding mamas weight loss thread, Lets try this again!

Sign me up!

I was at the upper limit of my weight/comfort threshhold when I got pregnant but just kept eating how I normally ate thru pregnancy...I'm not a huge sweets person or junk food junkie...I cook and eat mostly wholesome and nutritious, but exceedingly delicious, foods and have developed a major "portions" problem (too much sushi, too many blackened fish burritos, too many cups of Kefir, too much almond butter on ww toast, etc., etc., ad nauseum...) Add to this not exercising like I once did and I was on the heavy side coming into pregnancy. The good news is, apparently it was a good preggo diet I was used to..no water retention issues, no Blood Pressure issues, no sugar problems and I actually lost 17 lbs. from pre-pregnancy weight within 2 weeks post partum. Imagine my excitement....

Alas, here I sit, 5 months pp-EBF-and stalled out at that point, which is definitely overweight by all realistic standards probably by about 35 lbs (if not more). Let's keep this thread going so we can remind ourselves to enjoy our successes and not beat ourselves up over our shortcomings or pitfalls....

Advertisement

Old 03-30-2008, 02:27 PM   #32
infantrywife_101
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Breastfeeding mamas weight loss thread, Lets try this again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckpondatdusk View Post
Let's keep this thread going so we can remind ourselves to enjoy our successes and not beat ourselves up over our shortcomings or pitfalls....
Thanks mama. I seriously feel better

Earn FREE paypal, gift cards, and MUCH more with Swagbucks
infantrywife_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 02:55 PM   #33
calind115
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So I am trying to train myself to do pilates 3x a wk and I want to look into this whole crunchless abs thing. I am down to 176ish, I think. But dh says my butt looks smaller But we'll see I'm still working and trying but the last few days have been weird dh leaves for a few days this wk so maybe I can keep up with it
Old 03-30-2008, 04:05 PM   #34
duckpondsunset
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Before pregnancy I was managing to sort of reshape my middle a little bit by rolling around and doing backbends on my yoga ball...was recommended to try just that for a while <daily> by a personal trainer friend of mine who was giving me advice on gentle pilates and core work. Definitely a gentle approach, but boy did my back feel great when I kept on top of it...
Old 03-30-2008, 10:56 PM   #35
mamatomax
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am in
Today, it occurred to me that I don't want to be "chubby" anymore. I only have 8 pounds to be back to my pre-preg. weight (143lbs.). Before DS1, I was a size 6, and I'd really like to be trying to get back to about 125lbs. I would be totally happy with 135lbs., though. DS2 is 7 weeks old tomorrow, so I need to kick it in gear. I have, however, lost all of my self control. I crave sweets all of my waking hours, and I just can't stop myself. If there are no sweets in the housse, I will find a recipe for some cupcakes that I have the ingredients for (or something like that). I need to commit to a plan, and convince myself that instant gratification isn't the way to go. Makes me so bummed out that I have to deprive myself when it takes so much out of me to just meet the needs of my 2 kiddos on a daily basis.

Last edited by mamatomax; 03-30-2008 at 10:58 PM.
mamatomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 07:13 AM   #36
calind115
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatomax View Post
I am in
Today, it occurred to me that I don't want to be "chubby" anymore. I only have 8 pounds to be back to my pre-preg. weight (143lbs.). Before DS1, I was a size 6, and I'd really like to be trying to get back to about 125lbs. I would be totally happy with 135lbs., though. DS2 is 7 weeks old tomorrow, so I need to kick it in gear. I have, however, lost all of my self control. I crave sweets all of my waking hours, and I just can't stop myself. If there are no sweets in the housse, I will find a recipe for some cupcakes that I have the ingredients for (or something like that). I need to commit to a plan, and convince myself that instant gratification isn't the way to go. Makes me so bummed out that I have to deprive myself when it takes so much out of me to just meet the needs of my 2 kiddos on a daily basis.
I second that sweets issue!!! Especially with all the chocolate from Easter, that's what I've been snacking on. I'm trying to switch over to Special K or scrambled eggs and oatmeal for breakfast and water for snacks. I think if I 4 meals a day instead of 3 it might get better. But who knows.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:16 PM   #37
missajeep
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ooooh I'm in. I need to lose a TON of weight. We are going on vacation to the Cayman Islands in July, (i'm from there and my dh has never met that 1/2 of the family) I can't go back fat. And I do mean FAT! I am only 5'4" and I weigh almost 240! I was 170 when I got married and I don't know what happened in the last 5 years *(well, two DD) but still. DH is a former marine and is now a reservist and we are beginning a marine workout (OMG I want to die when I'm done) but I've already lost 2 lbs and I'm on AF so that is a good thing. We've only started 3 days ago too! I'm really not active. But, i'm afraid of losing my supply. Has anyone found your supply has gone down becoming more active?
missajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:38 PM   #38
ammcmaho
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I started a walking thing yesterday. Three times a week this week, 20 minutes total at least each time, including the 5 minute warm up and cool down.
Next week I'll do it 4 times, instead of three.
Paying for two in child care? An au pair may be cheaper! Great for families who need flexibility!
ammcmaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:02 PM   #39
duckpondsunset
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by missajeep View Post
ooooh I'm in. I need to lose a TON of weight. We are going on vacation to the Cayman Islands in July, (i'm from there and my dh has never met that 1/2 of the family) I can't go back fat. And I do mean FAT! I am only 5'4" and I weigh almost 240! I was 170 when I got married and I don't know what happened in the last 5 years *(well, two DD) but still. DH is a former marine and is now a reservist and we are beginning a marine workout (OMG I want to die when I'm done) but I've already lost 2 lbs and I'm on AF so that is a good thing. We've only started 3 days ago too! I'm really not active. But, i'm afraid of losing my supply. Has anyone found your supply has gone down becoming more active?
Good luck! ...I wish my husband would help me crack the whip a little more...I bet your supply will be fine as long as you don't limit your calorie intake too drastically...just increase the quality of your calories...plenty of nutritious calories and increased activity...(I'm really saying this to myself as well)
Old 04-01-2008, 09:04 AM   #40
calind115
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckpondatdusk View Post
Good luck! ...I wish my husband would help me crack the whip a little more...I bet your supply will be fine as long as you don't limit your calorie intake too drastically...just increase the quality of your calories...plenty of nutritious calories and increased activity...(I'm really saying this to myself as well)
and keep your water intake up