Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-02-2008, 11:00 AM   #41
statikradio
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Breastfeeding mamas weight loss thread, Lets try this again!

Wow you guys I thought I was the only one craving sweets and pastries...I've been making cornbread like crazy. I also considered making some cupcakes....I went and awarded myself some Entenmann's Glazed Honey Buns. Bad I know...

But I thought you all might want to see this site I found.

http://www.thedailyplate.com

It helps you keep track of your food intake! It's really cool!

Advertisement

** Mom of two **
statikradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 01:57 PM   #42
WileyWagon
Registered Users

I can totally relate...I was getting really bad into my cravings, etc...and the weight was piling on…Then I noticed my little girls nails were starting to look ripply…she was strictly breasted at the time, so I knew she was needing something that I wasn't giving her...I had some vitamins laying around called Vitality Prenatal...so I started taking them for her sake...I have never been a good vitamin taker, but after taking them for 2 and a half weeks my husband started noticing a difference in me...he was saying: boy you sure have a lot more energy and are keeping things up really well. I really was feeling well...and it was so nice for him to notice. I didn't have that afternoon drag...and my cravings were null and void...even during that time of the month...LOL My little girls nails by 4 weeks were back to normal...and I was losing weight...I have lost 17 lbs...in 7 weeks...and that is the only thing that I have changed in my diet...I am amazed...I was talking with a friend of mine, who is a nutritionalist...about what I have been experiencing…and she said my body must be getting the nutrition it needs, so it's not tricking my mind into thinking it needs something else. Plus....I have NEVER...been able to lose weight while nursing a baby...without it affecting my milk supply...and now I am...and can say that it isn't affecting my milk supply...just had to share!...I shared this on my blog too...couldn't keep it to myself.

Hayley
WileyWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:42 PM   #43
elemonj
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I want to loose weight with you guys!!! I have 10 lbs to go to be back to my pre-pregnancy weight. However I gained some weight the 6 months before I got pregnant I would like to loose 25 lbs total. I have been walking several times per week and I really need to watch what I am eating to really make a difference( I have been getting the chocolate chips for baking because I won't buy candy for myself!) I guess it's not working to restrict myself- I am finding ways around it anyhow. I am also going to borrow an eliptical from my dad since he does not use it so maybe I can kick it into high gear and loose at least 5 lbs this month.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:36 PM   #44
ashleya0403
Registered Users

Hi everyone!
I'm 3 weeks pp, and wondering when I should start to really get serious about losing weight. I know you should only lose a pound a week, so there's that, and I also know that I should be in the "grace period" still but I don't want to GAIN weight. I have been eating so badly, and I don't know if it's emotional eating or what. Ice cream every day, Hershey's chocolate, and any other sweets I can find. I've tried not buying them, but then I have been sending my poor husband out to get something every night for me. UGH. In any case, I plan to start walking this week. I have a beco for our newest and I'll wear her in that while pushing my 23 month old in a stroller (until I get a double stroller).

According to kellymom.com, I shouldn't really do anything to consciously lose weight until I am 2 months pp. That's both relieving and annoying. I guess for now all I can really do is walk as much as possible, make sure I'm not eating too much (and make sure that what I am eating is healthy), and just generally try to be as healthy as possible. Of course I should be doing that no matter what, anyway!

Somehow I need to re-train my brain to not be begging so much for junk food. It's annoying to feel like such a slave to the sweets. :/
Old 04-07-2008, 08:29 AM   #45
statikradio
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I figure the first 6 weeks should be for healing and bonding with baby.
Take it easy. Baby doesn't care how much you weigh. Just think of it like that.

** Mom of two **
Old 04-10-2008, 04:56 PM   #46
j9_shooter9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm back too!

I'm 7 weeks postpartum. I want to kick my booty into shape before summer. I have about 10-12 lbs. to lose. Just wanna fit back into my old jeans/shorts.

The hardest thing for me now: I have 3 kids. I was an avid runner up until I was about 7 mos. pregnant. And I LOVE running!!! But now I have 3 kids at home and only a double jogger...SO I can't take them all jogging.

Help me! I want to get up early and run but I've been to tired and it's dark. Maybe I can find a running partner.

I am having a hard time just finding the time/energy to exercise enough even though I'm an exercise nut. LOL

I also need to cut my mocha/latte habit. It's a lot of sugar. I eat super-healthy, but love me my mochas!

What if we each team up with someone and have accountability? Or someone to PM and chat with? What do you all think?
Old 04-10-2008, 06:51 PM   #47
Leann
Registered Users

My Mood:

how does everybody fit excercise into their day?

I have no idea how to do that with a 3 yr old and a 2mo old. I'm lucky if I can get them to nap at the same time.. let alone nap and then do something good for myself.

I would try to exercise before DH leaves for work, but his schedule is constantly changing. I would never be able to get into a routine that way.

Once the weather warms up a lil, I can get out and walk, but I'm at a loss for now.
Leann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 08:53 PM   #48
statikradio
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been slacking on exercise. When i did it the other day, i held my 2 month old on my abdomen while i did situps and he smiled each time i sat up. the toddler pulled my hair so my head went back down again otherwise she tried to lay on my face. talk about resistance training!!!!

** Mom of two **
Old 04-14-2008, 06:30 PM   #49
*Alabamamom*
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Can I join in too?
After having my 3rd dd in 1995, I got back down to 135.. I had been around 130s for some years since having the first two kids... I slowly began packing pounds on.. by 1999 I think I was up to about 150s.. then when our house burnt down I went on antidepressants for a couple years and got up to 210.. then lost back down to 160 in 2002 when I took xenical for 4 months.. I had a tubal reversal and ended up with an ectopic and 2 miscarriages so I went into another depression with that and was 197 before I got pg with the baby in 2005.. When I delivered him I was 228.. lost down to 202 at my 6 wk appt.. gradually got back up to 220 by October 2006.. lost down to 175 by January 2007.. and got back to 185 last summer and have been bouncing between 182-188 ever since. Long story eh.. sorry.. At this point it seems no matter what I do I can't get below 175 if when trying very very hard.. I hope when he's completely weaned (only nursing at bedtime now) that maybe a few more pounds will fall off.. and I want to also get back on xenical (called something else now.. alli I think?).. I would like to get at least back into the 140s again... 138 would be even better though.. I need to really work on my water intake and exercise.
Granna to two amazing grandsons!! <3
*Alabamamom* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:16 AM   #50
scrappyhappymama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I want to join. There's the moms who lose lots of weight while breastfeeding. And then there's the moms who's bodies cling to the weight while breastfeeding! I am definitely in the second group! I get So frustrated when I hear people tell new moms "just breastfeed and the weight will melt off." It's just not true for everybody!

After my second son was born, I had NO motivation to try to lose weight even, because I knew it didn't just "happen" like I'd been told it would the first time and also I wanted to get pregnant again, so what was the point? So, I was right at 200 lbs when I got pregnant with DS #3.

This time, I do want to be pregnant again, but I also want to be as healthy as possible whenever it happens. The thing that has helped the most this time has been portion control. I pretty much eat what I want (although mostly healthy foods anyway, since that's what I fix for my kids), but I only eat one serving. It's made a BIG difference. I am also off dairy products because my baby reacts to them, and I think that has helped too.

Right now I am down to 183 and still losing about a pound or two a week. I have about 30 lbs to go (I'm 5'8", so not looking to get as low as some) and know that if I add in some consistent working out, it will help me get there. Right now, I am doing elliptical a few times a week and some strength exercises, but need to do it more reliably. Maybe checking in here will help!
scrappyhappymama is offline   Reply With Quote