Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-17-2008, 09:32 AM   #51
graymojo
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Breastfeeding mamas weight loss thread, Lets try this again!

I was doing really well at losing weight, but now I'm either working at my job or doing housework. Running seems to be the best way for me to lose weight.

Anyway. Someone kick me in the backside and get me going again.

Advertisement

www.turtleheadsteaandcoffee.com
graymojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:37 PM   #52
zionnecherub
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am now 3 months PP and I have lost 50 pounds since I stepped on the scale after having ds2. I have 25 pounds to go to be at my pre-all-preg weight
Old 04-25-2008, 02:35 PM   #53
JenB1983
Registered Users

I need to join in on this group. LOL

I have 2 LOs. I got pregnant weighing 224 with my first, and delivered at 236. Was down to 199 10 days pp. Had a nice bought of PPD, and gained everything back. Then we moved to Alaska when DS #1 was 10 months old and DH deployed. Got up to 247. DH got injured in Iraq and sent home; DS# 2 happened. LOL Dealt with horrible morning sickness, and ended up delivering him at 236 also. Was 215 by 2 weeks pp. Now, 16 months later, I'm 241. I can't do this anymore. I lucked out, because I carry my weight well, but how long can someone carry 240+ well? I am hoping to get down to 200, and then work from there. However, I'm afraid. The only time I have ever been able to lose weight was when I joined the military. Before leaving for basic training I lived on ephedra diet pills, cigarettes, diet Mt. Dew, and ate about once every two days. Obviously not the healthiest way of doing things. During BOOT CAMP I put on 40 lbs!!!!!! I haven't been able to lose weight since then. I am going to try my damndest for the next 6 months though to get the weight to move, but if that is unsuccessful I think I'll be looking into lap-band surgery.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:09 PM   #54
edens_mom
Registered Users
seller

Oooh can I join??

I was 166.5 prepreg (and going down).. gained over 50 and lost 30-35 within one week of delivery (12-07-07). Since then I've lost an additional 15ish and I only have 3.5 pounds left to get to prepregnancy. But we moved this last month and I'm getting tired of my "lifestyle change" and dd hates taking naps and that throws my moods out of whack causing me to eat emotionally.. plus chocolate just tastes so much better than vegetables.

My plan of attack thus far has been drinking tons of water, trying not to splurge more than once a week, making wise choices when eating out (no more than 1x a week as well), and eating tons of fruits, veggies, and whole grains.

Once I hit my prepreg weight, I ultimately want to get down to 145-150 and STAY THERE! (Well, at least until baby #2).

But I've really plateaued out at 170. I need help.

Thanks mamas! We can do this!

ETA: ^^ I know a guy who was over 400 pounds and now is under 200 thanks to lap-band. But I think it was a last resort sort of thing!!

Last edited by edens_mom; 04-25-2008 at 04:11 PM.
edens_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:25 AM   #55
*Alabamamom*
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

How is everyone doing?? I haven't lost anything yet, but I've started a walking routine.. I walked a mile last Friday, then again Sunday and Monday.. going to try to go every day and increase to another lap every week. I need to fine tune my eating habits too though! I can't seem to motivate myself.. I am going to go to the store today and get some fresh veggies and fruits etc.. and NO JUNK! Ice cream is my downfall.. oh holy chocolate ice cream I love you!
Granna to two amazing grandsons!! <3
*Alabamamom* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:53 AM   #56
jesslfar
Registered Users
seller

Just found this thread, I am way over my comfort level weight wise. DD is 7mos today and now eats solids and nurses so I feel it will be ok to start losing some weight. I am 150 at the moment and usually weigh in around 130. I mostly just have a giant belly I can't shake and it is starting to really effect my self esteem.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:55 AM   #57
*Alabamamom*
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Welcome Rachel!!
Oh..you all may already know about these sites, but they are free and count calories etc..
www.fitday.com
www.sparkpeople.com
Granna to two amazing grandsons!! <3
*Alabamamom* is offline   Reply With Quote