Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-19-2008, 06:29 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
So sad and so cute.

Oh. Abby is still so little... But due to a high risk pregnancy we had to wean her after my surgery at 16 months. So she has taken a couple baths with me this week. She remembers the comfort of the breast obviously, because she'll snuggle up with her head on my chest, just like she's going to nurse... And then she pops her thumb in her mouth. She doesn't remember how to nurse, but she remembers the snuggly part of it. It's so bittersweet. I'll admit I was kind of holding out hope that she would still remember once the baby was born.

Blessed Mama to Ana(16), Christian(13), Hannah (^i^ 2/14/01-2/26/01), Elizabeth(10), Rebecca(8), Timothy(7), Abigail(5), Sarah(4), Ella(2), & Olivia (1)
BlsdMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 06:41 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: So sad and so cute.

awwww that's precious mama. I think in some ways they never forget that comfort. I didn't nurse very long and to this day like when he gets sick in the middle of the night and clothes get all wet and messed up, I just take my soiled shirt off and he lays on my chest, sometimes going right back to sleep after having thrown up. If I try and move him he cries.
Lisa, Landon - 7 and Owen - 4
Weezy6703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 06:45 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: So sad and so cute.

That's so sweet! I will warn you careful if you try to let her nurse again after the baby's born. DJ was 19 months when he weaned in February. James was born at the end of July. I wasn't sure how DJ would react to James to nursing. The first time he saw me nursing the baby, he scolded him for biting me and I told him that he wasn't biting, he was drinking the milk in my boobies just like DJ used to. He thought that was interesting and for a while was obsessed with the baby "eating my boobies". One day he asked if he could have a taste so I told him ok. Well, he popped the nipple in his mouth and chomped down! I yelped and he started to cry. He kept saying he was so sorry, he just wanted to eat my booby like James does. I reminded him that James doesn't have any teeth and he's not eating my booby, he's sucking the milk out just like DJ drinks out of a straw. He never asked to try it again though. Even at 3.5 now, DJ still likes to cuddle up with his head between my breasts and he loves it when I wear V-neck tops so that he can lay his head on my skin. James will push my shirt up and lay his head on my belly. I know "mama's boy" has a negative connotation for some people but I hope both of my boys stay mama's boys!
Barbara - Unexpectedly back after a long hiatus...anxiously awaiting #6!
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote