Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-21-2008, 09:12 AM   #1
laceys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
will pee in potty but only when naked

Ok so my ds will pee in the potty without prompting or reminding when I leave him pantsless. But, the minute I put anything on him (diaper, trainer, underwear, just pants) he just pees right in them. Has this ever happened to anyone and what in the world did you do??? Running around naked is only going to work at home.

Advertisement

Old 03-21-2008, 09:19 AM   #2
j9_shooter9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: will pee in potty but only when naked

Same thing happened here. I just had to keep telling him he couldn't run naked, though we have "nakey time" where I let him run around 5 min. or so and be free!

I also let him pick out some undies from the store.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:00 AM   #3
Weezy6703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i thought I wrote that post title when I saw it...we are also in this boat, cuz that's how we started getting him to go. Don't mind naked time at home, but we do go outside and he goes to daycare so either a diaper or trainer goes on then. He will tell me he's gone if he does have clothes on or either he starts crying and if I tell him to go potty he'll go. even when we put the padded underwear on he sometimes will make it and sometimes not....but absolutely hands down if no clothes on he'll go to his potty chair or the bathroom to the toilet. I don't know that my LO is old enough to comprehend picking out undies...he understands a lot but I question this since he's still kind of young.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:29 PM   #4
LisaV
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS also started PL this way. I kept him pantless at home as much as possible. We started last July and now finally beginning of March he made a choice to train. Once we were confident around the house we put him in underwear with a cover so that he could feel the wetness. We did this consistently for 2-3 months. I also started doing this when out on a quick errand. Then one day it was like it just clicked and he chose to go without the covers and does great all day and naps. Still working on night time. Hang in there you are at the beginning and the end will be here soon.
LisaV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 02:13 PM   #5
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

My DS ran around naked for a week, we stayed home (mostly) for that week. Then put undies on him and he was done.