Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-20-2008, 10:51 AM   #1
slockwood
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
HELP! I am losing my sanity!

My dd is almost 2 years old and for at least 3 months she has been taking her diaper off at naptime/bedtime. As soon as I put her in there. And she wets on the bed, on the floor, or anywhere but a diaper. She also does this with number #2. She poos on the carpet her bed whatever. And then goes to sleep. Our brand new carpet is ruined. I go in there at least 5 times everyday during naptime to put a diaper back on her and clean up the mess so she can sleep in clean sheets. Not that she cares.

She takes them off no matter what diaper it is. We tried just putting it back on her, punishing her for taking it off, praising her for keeping it on. Everything. We even tried duck taping her sleeper on her. (duck tape all the way inside and outside the zipper) She took off the duck tape. We put her sleeper on backwards and taped the zipper. Still got out of it. The biggest thing is her going on the floor!! We can't have this. I just don't know what to do with her! I am going crazy. I punish her and she still does it. No matter what.

We have also tried potty training. She will sit on the toilet forever, but as soon as she gets down she will go on the floor. So that isn't working either.

Please if you have any suggestions on what to do let me know!! I am going to lose my mind!

Advertisement

Last edited by slockwood; 03-20-2008 at 11:00 AM.
slockwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:16 AM   #2
LilyGrace
Registered Users

Re: HELP! I am losing my sanity!

I'd try putting a safety pin on the sleeper right under the zipper tie, or running it from the hole in the tie to the top of the sleeper. It's too tiny for hands to get a good grasp on, unlike duct tape.
LilyGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:21 AM   #3
slockwood
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I thought about that but I worry about her opening it or it getting opened and her getting stabbed with it. Maybe I could pin it and put duck tape around the pin so it won't be as likely to come open and stab her.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:42 PM   #4
S Starr
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slockwood View Post
I thought about that but I worry about her opening it or it getting opened and her getting stabbed with it. Maybe I could pin it and put duck tape around the pin so it won't be as likely to come open and stab her.
Sounds good! And honestly, I'd spank. I haven't spanked dd yet (2 this month), and I figure it'll be primarily for dangerous offenses like running into the street, but if other discipline didn't work, I'd add this to my list of spank-worthy issues. (no flames, please! <g>) A two-year-old is old enough to understand and not do it, if you can just convince her it's worth her while not to.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:59 PM   #5
DivineNature
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmmm. Have you tried providing something fun for her to do while sitting on the potty? She sounds like a busy girl. Try little toys, books, special movie, etc. It sounds like she is pretty predictable if you can just get her to stay on the potty. Does she have her own little potty that can be moved around the house? Get a waterproof blanket (even shower curtain liner) to put under the potty to protect the carpet.
Once she goes potty I would pin her zipper shut and put her to bed.

Have you tried a sticker chart for going on the potty and/or leaving her clothes on at nap/bedtime? Have a little rewards jar with special treats. BTW, it never worked for me, but I know it has worked for others.

I hope it gets better soon!
You haven't joined SWAGBUCKS yet? JOIN NOW & earn prizes!
DivineNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 03:02 PM   #6
DivineNature
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just thought of something else. When she is on the potty make a "sssss" sound. It should make her go if there is anything in her bladder.
I wouldn't put her to bed until after she has gone potty.
You haven't joined SWAGBUCKS yet? JOIN NOW & earn prizes!
DivineNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 08:29 AM   #7
slockwood
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for all the help. I have tried spanking. I am a believer in spanking but with this child it really doesn't work. She cried but she immediately does it again. She takes her diaper off, I clean her up, put her diaper on, stand outside of her sight and listen and 2 seconds later she takes it off again. We go through the same routine at least 5 times during naptime. Spanking isn't what works for her I guess. But we need to find out what does.

She does have a little potty but she likes to sit on the big potty more for some reason. But I will try the ssss sound. Maybe that will help while she is on the potty. Thanks again everyone!!
Old 03-21-2008, 08:38 AM   #8
iamawahm
Banned
seller

My Mood:

My son who is now 18 months old did this last summer, so I bought a few pairs of size 4t underwear and put them on over his diaper. Than he could not get to the velcro to take it off.
iamawahm is offline   Reply With Quote