Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-22-2008, 04:07 PM   #1
CarrieAnn0413
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
snot is running down my throat... how can I make it stop :(

I have had this symptom on and off this pg. But today it is really bothering me. It is making me feel really nauseus (sp?). I am not congested in my nose or chest or anything it is just running down the back of my throat and sometimes makes me gag. I hate it! I was looking at the safe med. list from my mw but I am not sure what will help with this. It has a list for colds but I dont actually have a cold. It says I can take benadryl, robitussin dm, sudafed, actifed, tylenol sinus, tylenol cold, claritin. I may have to go park my butt at walgreens and read these and see what they all do. Anyone have any other suggestions? I would rather not have to take any of these OTC meds. if I can help it. TIA

Advertisement

Old 03-22-2008, 04:10 PM   #2
susnrob
Registered Users
seller

Re: snot is running down my throat... how can I make it stop :(

I have taken both claritin and sudafed this pregnancy....suggested by my midwife.
Old 03-22-2008, 04:14 PM   #3
Jillybean
Registered Users
seller

I've been dealing with this for the last couple of months but haven't found anything that helps since that is the only symptom. Mine is worse in the morning after laying down all night, I drink water in the morning until it improves, but most mornings I throw up before it gets better. GL finding something to help and if you do let me know.
Old 03-22-2008, 04:19 PM   #4
CarrieAnn0413
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by susnrob View Post
I have taken both claritin and sudafed this pregnancy....suggested by my midwife.

Did it help? Did you have the same problem or a cold? Thanks for the suggestions
Old 03-22-2008, 04:23 PM   #5
CarrieAnn0413
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillybean View Post
I've been dealing with this for the last couple of months but haven't found anything that helps since that is the only symptom. Mine is worse in the morning after laying down all night, I drink water in the morning until it improves, but most mornings I throw up before it gets better. GL finding something to help and if you do let me know.

I had a feeling this is how it was going to go. All these meds are for colds so lots of symptoms i am sure. Sorry to be gross but the snot is so thick I gag/choke on it when it is slowly going down my throat When I do throw up there is quite a bit in there, what a fun pg symptom. Thanks for sharing, at least I am not alone.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:11 PM   #6
S Starr
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yep, me too! Totally gagging at night and first thing in the morning. With me I figured it was allergies and not being able to take my prescription allergy meds -- interesting that some of you are getting it just from pg!

My dr suggested Nasalcrom. I've taken it for a week without any help -- they said it might take 2 to build up. <f>

A disgusting thing that helps me a little is sal****er. I can't gargle effectively without swallowing some, which tastes awful, but when I do swallow it, it seems to cut the mucous!