Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-02-2006, 09:59 AM   #1
ScrapAng
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Makers of AI2 with snap in soakers?

I'm still searching for the "perfect" diaper for us. I have some ideas of what I like so far. I like AI2 with snap ins. I have a Fanciful Fanny with a trifold snap in velour? soaker but I'm not sure I like how the diaper fits. I haven't really had a leaking problem, but the belly doesn't seem to fit. I have a M and according to the measurements it should fit... and the wings seem a little wide so they curl up over his thighs if that makes sense. Anyway, I like that soaker. A little bulky since I have to fold it over in front to fit in so it's 6 layers there, but it's not leaking! So I want to find something similar, where I can change out the soaker and re-use the shells. Once a day pooper so that works out pretty well for us. Probably prefer PUL since it seems to have a little give more than the woven prints with hidden PUL. Even though I really like the prints, so I waffle on that part! Hoping to keep the $ reasonable, of course! I'm 'trying' to watch the bulk factor since everything seems sort of bulky on a two month old, at least to me! "I" really prefer a contoured/hemp soaker but that trifolded velour (I think it was) seems to work really well. I guess the other question then is what material for soaker absorbs the fastest, but I would still like to have the stay dry effect? I know I'm getting close...

Oh, and something hopefully readily available. I have a little bit of $ burning a hole in my pocket! And I make Christmas ornaments and really should be in full production mode right now NOT obsessing over CDs! So I need to figure out what I'm doing and do it so I can work! A WAHM that wanted to do some trading would be an added bonus!

Advertisement

ScrapAng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 10:03 AM   #2
MamaMel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Makers of AI2 with snap in soakers?

Wiggleworm bottoms!

She makes covers w/ snap in sleeves. You have to stuff the sleeve w/ something but you can adjust it to your childs needs. Cute prints and you can get multiple snap in sleeves. I beleive for 25 bucks you can get a cover w/ 4 stuffable sleeves

www.wigglewormbottoms.com
MamaMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 10:07 AM   #3
ScrapAng
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thought of 2 more things- I don't like the serged on the outside look and prefer front snapping or aplix, I have a hard time with side snap for some reason!

I do have some WWB! He's just starting to fit the M that I have. I just haven't figured out how to stuff the sleeve right yet to not get leaks. And the rise is so high on him, so not quite perfect yet but maybe in the near future! I thought about seeing if I could order some with the snaps but get some snap in trifold soakers separately.
ScrapAng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 10:08 AM   #4
MamaMel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Im stuffing the sleeve w/ hemp that I bought. Im just cutting it up and sewing the edges and then folding to fit. It's absorbant and trim!

Also my new fav. AI2 is Sweet baby boutique

Lower rise and hemp snap in soaker toped w/ I don't know but its soft. Its trim but absorbant.

http://hyenacart.com/MomsBoardwalk/

Shes on mom's boardwalk and her DS name is JCRSMOM

Last edited by MamaMel; 09-02-2006 at 10:12 AM.
MamaMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 10:09 AM   #5
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

My very favorites are Lucy's Hope Chest and she's having a sale right now! 20% off until the 8th (I think)

www.lucyshopechest.com
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 10:39 AM   #6
lavieenrose
Registered Users
seller

I think the LHC are serged tho, aren't they?

I've had really good luck with bum-ware (www.bum-ware.com). The Very Baby's might work for you, too.
lavieenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 07:39 PM   #7
bcafe
Registered Users

My Mood:

I really like Angel Wraps. They have micro to keep baby dry and the snap in soaker drys quickly. She has inventory in her store right now. Really like them!
Old 09-02-2006, 07:52 PM   #8
mom2hancj
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We love angel wraps too Just got two more in today and waiting on 3.
Angie
Old 09-02-2006, 08:07 PM   #9
a_cthelen
My cat's breath smells like cat food
seller

Charis @ BeccaBottoms makes nice AI2s. I have one and 2 more being made right now.

Wool for Sale: http://hyenacart.com/Spots_corner/index.php?u=6698
a_cthelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 09:07 PM   #10
monkeymama
Registered Users
seller

Bum-Ware diapers. www. bum-ware.com
You can choose the soaker material and also add a fleece top to keep dry.

And she ships fast!