Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-06-2008, 03:44 PM   #11
asteiner18
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Operation Baby Weight: Hired a Personal Trainer at the Gym ~ Journal

definately post pics i posted pics in the 70 lb weight loss thread.... but since i just lost the weight and am semi happy with myself... dh and i decided we are going to start TTC

Advertisement

Angel wife to the love of my life Brandon and mother to Scarlette 5/07 Ruby 1/09 and with #3 due with another sweet daughter in September <3

Angel Murphy Photography
asteiner18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 04:26 PM   #12
joanna19
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

back at it today and did upper body.
My dh has said I am starting to look more shapely and toned! I am so happy, plus, i can defn notice a couple of my pants are a tad looser. Plus I just feel so good: and lighter!
Old 04-26-2008, 06:04 AM   #13
joanna19
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

well I have hit the month mark and had my caliper fat test done again. I lost 7% body fat and my goal for the month was between 5-10%! I am so happy! I have 15% to go. Needless to say I am buying more training sessions with my trainer. She rocks and I her!
Old 04-26-2008, 06:38 AM   #14
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

That's awesome We just joined a gym and got a free session with a 'trainer'...but I'm not sure how much of a trainer she really is. She just showed us how to use some of the machines. I didn't really get a 'trainer' feel from her and certainly didn't feel like I got very good direction from her. However, I'm semi-familiar with the cardio machines and she demonstrated the weight machines...so I feel like I kind of know what I'm doing..or at least, how to do them. Direction would be nice though

Great job so far and good luck for the future
Old 04-26-2008, 09:59 AM   #15
joanna19
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks mama! I defn. feel that my trainer and I get along well and she really motivates me. She doesn't just stand there and watch me, but she demos the stuff I don't know, spots me, encourages me, counts the reps for me , pushes me. Honestly, I need to have someone there waiting for me...it motivates me to get my butt out of bed at 4 am. I can't stand making people wait or not showing up at all. It's a pricey way to do it, but in my opinion, worth it 100%!

I hope everything goes well with you at your gym...let me know how it goes
Old 05-06-2008, 11:12 AM   #16
krickison
Registered Users
seller

I wish I had the money and motivation to get my but to the gym. I am enjoying reading your posts about your WL. Its motivating me to do something. I joined WW last week and my goal is to lose around 50lbs. That will bring me down to my highschool weight...We'll see if its atainable The last couple of days have been so nice out I was able to get out and do some yardwork. I am hoping to take DD for a nice long walk today. Keep up the great work mama.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:53 PM   #17
joanna19
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's been awhile since I have updated this thread, but I just thought I would share that I have only 12.2 lbs of body fat left to lose! I feel incredible and strong and amazing! It was hard though, but well worth it.

Anyways, I only have 6 sessions left with my trainer ( i bought 12 and then bought 24 when those ones ran out) and then I have decided to go it alone. More expense reasons than anything, I mean, if I could I would totally just pay her again to be with me, I love having a personal trainer. I am a little scared to do it a lone since she is a big motivator, also because I have to be there at a certain time to meet her REALLY helps me get my butt there.

I also jumped in and took the plunge with the daycare. Annika love is and the daycare woman is really nice and caring.

For my cardio I have started doing intervals around a 6.7 km lake near where I live with my neighbour. We take our babies in the jogging strollers 5days/week and walk/run on a running/walking program that we found through her MIL. Rain or shine, and this has made me realize that we won't melt. ( I never used to go out in the rain for walks/runs)

I can also squeeze myself into a size 7 pant and with a little more work, they will be a perfect fit. But MOSTLY I just love the definition I have in my muscles. I actually had them under there! I have lost 10 lbs and numerous inches, and my body fat test has gone down in percentage in all the measurements!

I just had to rave about this mamas. I am so happy!

Should I post pics now or when i am at my goal? I think I may wait till my goal.

eta: I just wanted to add that i was 214lbs going into the hospital a year ago and I am 165-170lbs now.

Last edited by joanna19; 06-19-2008 at 03:58 PM.
joanna19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:07 PM   #18
edens_mom
Registered Users
seller

Re: Operation Baby Weight: Hired a Personal Trainer at the Gym ~ Updated 06/19

Great job!! I would love a personal trainer too but $$$, you know? Maybe someday... I'm burning off all this fat and then maybe I'll be able to concentrate on toning..
Old 06-23-2008, 10:28 PM   #19
LittleB'sMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Great Job mama!!
As a personal trainer, its great to hear that she has helped you as you needed!
Many people think "I know how to workout, i don't need a trainer" or "I'll just read a book or magazine" That's all good but do you have the same goals, metabolism, hormone porportions? Do the people in the magazine have the same as you? Usually not! Personal trainers have the expertise to help you where you are NOW to get you where you want to be!
It has been great reading your posts, your success, and how you love your trainer...my clients love me but they call me mean names as i'm sure you called your trainer at times of pushing!
Keep up the fantastic work!
Old 06-24-2008, 08:09 AM   #20
joanna19
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleB'sMom View Post
Great Job mama!!
As a personal trainer, its great to hear that she has helped you as you needed!
Many people think "I know how to workout, i don't need a trainer" or "I'll just read a book or magazine" That's all good but do you have the same goals, metabolism, hormone porportions? Do the people in the magazine have the same as you? Usually not! Personal trainers have the expertise to help you where you are NOW to get you where you want to be!
It has been great reading your posts, your success, and how you love your trainer...my clients love me but they call me mean names as i'm sure you called your trainer at times of pushing!
Keep up the fantastic work!

Thank you!! A personal trainer was the best money I ever spent honestly. And I do know how to work out however, it's the idea that she is there. at the gym. waiting for you. I hate being late or standing someone up, so I go. Yes, I love love love my trainer, she is super cool and pushes me to the limits. And yes, sometimes I do call her mean names sometimes, but it's all in fun.

I am trying to think of a way to afford some more sessions at the moment, I just think they are so invaluable. I can't imagine going on my own now, it's a little scary. Any advice?