Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-03-2006, 01:14 PM   #11
suziraye
Registered Users
seller

Re: Do you like this name?

Coming up with a name is the HARDEST! I got to where I quit telling people because they ALL have an opinion. It was hard enough between hubby and I. He seemed to have gone to school with every name I came up with! either that or it seemed like a stripper name to him! LOL
I ahted every name he came up with, I thought they were too boring. It was soooo hard without having everyone elses opinion too.
How did you come up with the name?

Advertisement

suziraye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 07:22 PM   #12
mommyish
Registered Users

is there any significance to this name...as in St. Faustina?
Anyway, I like it.
mommyish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 07:41 PM   #13
mooandme
Registered Users

its really really not my style. It reminds me of the fonze (sp?) and then a wendy's frosty.
Old 09-03-2006, 08:02 PM   #14
hmvanhoof
Registered Users
seller

mommyish----yes, we are Catholic and that is where the name came from St. Faustina. We aren't opposed to a non-saintly name, but if we find one we like we would like to use it. We are also toying with the name Gianna Nicole or Gianna Katheryn (Katheryn with an 'e' because it is my best friends name). This name is also a saint name. The only problem is that it is quickly becoming popular among Catholic families and we don't want her to have a really common name. My son's name is William---guess that is common, but I don't want our daughter to share her name with 2 or 3 others in her class when she is older, KWIM? Oh, and for those of you who don't know how to pronounce our other name choice it sounds like (Jeee--auna). Sorry---don't know how to really show it. It doesn't sound like Jeee-anna with a short a. The a is more like an "aw". Any thoughts on this one? Thank you for everyone's honesty about Faustina---not that we will listen :-), but I like to know what people really think. Thanks again.
hmvanhoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 08:20 PM   #15
christiansmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

Now that's a winner! Love Gianna and I know exactly how you are wanting it pronounced. Very pretty. Katheryn (Katherine) is a timeless classic. Beautiful as well. Good luck with your decision, mama!
Old 09-03-2006, 08:22 PM   #16
wbkt8
Registered Users
seller

I like Gianna Katheryn better than Faustina. As for the popularity of Gianna - I have heard of it before (as a good Italian name), but it's certainly not one I've encountered a new baby named recently. I ran it through the Baby Name Wizard (http://www.babynamewizard.com/namevoyager/lnv0105.html) and it does seem to have experienced a recent spike in popularity, but it was only ranked 110 in 2005 - so it's not like you're naming her Jessica/Jennifer in 1976, kwim.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:15 PM   #17
annes_cottage
Accomplice to the Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers

My Mood:

Gianna Katheryn is beautiful !!! There's my vote!

Avi pic: Leland 1 yr
annes_cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 09:59 PM   #18
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Now Gianna I like. Very pretty.

And I also new exactly how to pronounce it, so you shouldn't have a problem there.
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 09:59 PM   #19
mooandme
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiansmom
Now that's a winner! Love Gianna
Old 09-03-2006, 10:12 PM   #20
hmvanhoof
Registered Users
seller

See, this is my choice. My hubby (who usually likes ordinary names---hence the name William--okay, so his name is Will too) is the one who suggested Faustina. I don't dislike it, but I just think that she might not like it later in life and change it to Tina. I don't want that. Gianna Katheryn just flows so much better! Heck, I might actually end up with a boy instead---we don't know if it is a boy or a girl. I just want to know going into the hospital what our names are. I fought up to the very last moment for my son to have a name other than his fathers---too confusing, but he won out after I saw him looking at our son and wanting him to share his name. If it is a boy this time I am in love with Nathan Andrew. That goes really well with William Joseph, don't you think? Unfortunately my dh doesn't like it. I am sticking with it though because he really doesn't like to talk about names, so maybe after all that work of having a baby he will agree to it if it ends up being a boy! LOL! That is my strategy anyways....
hmvanhoof is offline   Reply With Quote