Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-29-2012, 06:19 PM   #311
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Alabama Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
I have little experience with the other places you mentioned, but I love Prattville! It has a nice hometown feel, but does have some big box stores (lowes, home depot, target, walmart, petsmart kind of stores) and a very new mall (not yet filled). A great and active downtown. Parades 3 or 4 times a year. An amazing YMCA system. Two farmers markets. They community just pulled together and won $100k for a new splash pad from Coca-cola (America is your park competition). And its about 30 to Montgomery for anything else you could need. I am done bragging on it now, but seriously... we are really sad that we will be restationed (military) in June.
These are all the reasons we like Pratville. I go to Target to shop and get my starbucks fix when I do not want to go to Montgomery. We will go to eat there on occasion bc everything is always closed here. We were thinking about signing ds1 and ds2 up for swim att he YMCA this year but we are going to wait. We also looked into there gynbastics program for ds2. I love there parks and we went to Pratt Day--I think it was called. I like the town and I like the proximity to Montgomery bc we like to go to biscuit games. I also like how it is right next to 65 so I can get to Montgomery or B'ham in what seems to be no time flat. For us anyway bc we have to take back roads to get to anywhere.

Do you know where you will be re-stationed to?

Advertisement

dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:21 PM   #312
bama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
bama--thanks for the info. I will have to take a closer look at Helena specifically. When we move we will be a family of 6, baby #4 due in April--delivering at Shelby Baptist. I feel more comfortable with the Drs and hospitals in that area. I had dd there and she was a vba2c.
Are you using Dr. Head at Shelby OB? he's wonderful. I used him for #3. I've delivered at Brookwood, St.Vincents and Shelby, and Shelby was my best experience. DH agrees
bama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:27 PM   #313
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama View Post
Are you using Dr. Head at Shelby OB? he's wonderful. I used him for #3. I've delivered at Brookwood, St.Vincents and Shelby, and Shelby was my best experience. DH agrees
Yes thats my Dr--DH loved him and my dh HATES DOCTORS and hospitals. I think it is a fear thing lol. I had ds 1 in WV, ds2 in Albany, NY and DD at Shelby and it was the most wonderful experience out of all of them. The nurses and doctors were absolutely amazing and so supportive. I researched for a Dr who would do a VBAC and found Dr Head and he was amazingly supportive.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:04 PM   #314
NolansMommy212
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hi Bama mamas! I am in Huntsville. I am selling our Britax Marathon 70 in Cowmooflage. We bought it from Babies R Us 4 months ago. Never been in a wreck! We bought a Radian so now this is up for grabs at a great price!! Asking $200obo! If you have questions or would like to see it please pm me. I don't check here. Thanks!
NolansMommy212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:48 PM   #315
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma

Do you know where you will be re-stationed to?
No clue. We should find out in the spring.
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:14 AM   #316
Monaleigh27
Registered Users

Hi mama's! Ok I am in MS, but raised A bama girl! Most of our family is still in bama my parents are in Fairhope and my brother in T'town (RTR!)
Monaleigh27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:26 AM   #317
lj2blessed
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
bama--thanks for the info. I will have to take a closer look at Helena specifically. When we move we will be a family of 6, baby #4 due in April--delivering at Shelby Baptist. I feel more comfortable with the Drs and hospitals in that area. I had dd there and she was a vba2c.
Quote:
Yes thats my Dr--DH loved him and my dh HATES DOCTORS and hospitals. I think it is a fear thing lol. I had ds 1 in WV, ds2 in Albany, NY and DD at Shelby and it was the most wonderful experience out of all of them. The nurses and doctors were absolutely amazing and so supportive. I researched for a Dr who would do a VBAC and found Dr Head and he was amazingly supportive.
From your story I was about 99% sure that Dr. Head was your OB! Glad you got your VBAC, he's pretty wonderful - I attended my friend's VBAC with him this past summer!

I'm in Alabaster now, I like the area and the house I'm renting...just don't like the commute to downtown Bham for work! I think you'll really enjoy it <3
lj2blessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:28 AM   #318
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lj2blessed View Post
From your story I was about 99% sure that Dr. Head was your OB! Glad you got your VBAC, he's pretty wonderful - I attended my friend's VBAC with him this past summer!

I'm in Alabaster now, I like the area and the house I'm renting...just don't like the commute to downtown Bham for work! I think you'll really enjoy it <3
Honestly I think you were the one who helped me find him way back before we moved to AL

Thank you so much!!!

It honestly was the most wonderful experience I ever had. I knew that is what I wanted but I did not realize how amazing it would be.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:46 AM   #319
danigrace05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma

Honestly I think you were the one who helped me find him way back before we moved to AL

Thank you so much!!!

It honestly was the most wonderful experience I ever had. I knew that is what I wanted but I did not realize how amazing it would be.
Dr.Head is amazing. I hope to use him in the near future.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:19 AM   #320
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am due in April so I am using him again.

He just gave me so much confidence and made it so simple.