Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-26-2014, 12:21 AM   #1
Kcolleran
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Inserts?

I have a bunch of adorable GAD pockets and I am going to be getting some GMD prefolds but I would also like to get some inserts. Do you have any suggestions as to what I should get that works well but isn't too expensive. Also I would prefer no mf, I just hate the way it feels. Need to get everything ready before this little man comes in June
TIA

Advertisement

Kcolleran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:25 AM   #2
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.
Re: Inserts?

Well the inserts that has worked best for me including for heavy wetters has been the charcoal bamboo inserts. I consider them comparable to when I use flip organic inserts. They do have microfiber on the inside smashed between 2 layers of charcoal bamboo, but you do not fgeekl it and it can go direct on babies Skin. I have never had any issues with stink and I do not treat them any Special way. I believe I paid around 1,25 each for mine
Old 03-26-2014, 05:51 AM   #3
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When looking for inserts myself I found Geffen Baby to the the least expensive for the absorbency. From my at home tests the Super Absorbers hold 6oz and the Super Plus hold 8oz. I've bought from geffenbaby.com, mysweetpickle.com, and abbyslane (I think) -- which ever was cheapest for my particular purchase.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:05 PM   #4
Kcolleran
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Pixi6s I checked out your absorbency test, awesome post with very helpful info, thank you!
Kcolleran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:32 AM   #5
snowballhush
Registered Users
seller

we got some babee green wool inserts and hemp to see the difference; can't wait until June
snowballhush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:58 AM   #6
mothergooseofthree
Registered Users
seller

My favorite inserts for pockets are motherease sandys liners. The small holds 6oz. Two in a pocket is super trim on my 10lb heavy wetter. 3 will hold her all night and is trimmer than a fitted.

And, I have some GADs for sale!

dd 10yo
dd rescued, as her daddy says, 1/31/14. Read her birth story http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...8#post17225488
mothergooseofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:01 AM   #7
LaurenLee
Registered Users
seller

My favorites are the Joey Bunz hemp inserts. They are absorbent without the bulk. For naps and nighttime, I stuff with prefolds.
LaurenLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 02:19 PM   #8
srw.mutter
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thirsties hemp. But, that new mf feeling goes away after using the diapers a few times. I find them highly absorbent for our needs. Stuffing with prefolds are super bulky, fyi
srw.mutter is offline   Reply With Quote