Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-03-2006, 01:23 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
how do i strip again?

I tried stripping last week and it didn't seem to work still have stinkies and i think my fb are repelling. We use charlies soap so im not sure what our problem is. We have a front loader so when i stripped last week i just rinses a bunch and hoped that helped. So how exactly do i strip my diapers with a front loader if they start out dirty? TIA im so close to just using bleach

~*~Lisa~*~ breastfeeding, cloth diapering, cosleeping mama
to my goofy potty trained 3 yo and my addicted to the boob 1 yo
ocean_o_curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 02:14 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: how do i strip again?

No answer here, just letting you know I have the same question. I tried some dawn and then about 5 wash cycles with double rinses, no detergent in them and now mine have a really bizarre and awful smell to them...

I used the "sanitary" cycle on my frontloader for the wash which is super duper extra hot and lasts 2 hours...
willihm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 02:44 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

The best way IMHO is to simply use the hottest water you can possibly get and wash until theres no more suds. With a front loader its kind of hard but it can still be done.
On my washer i have a Hot/Cold cycle but that cold water isnt getting the buildup out of the diapers so i just skip that cycle and keep the hot water going, this cuts down on the amount of water being used and takes less time. For this to work the water has to be ubber hot.
Also, i have used the Calgon method before and it did wonderful! But i wouldnt suggest using it unless its a last resort kinda deal. Just get those diapers rinsed well with the hot water and you shouold notice a difference.
Also, with the Charlies, use less soap, only a tablespoon or less is ever whats needed. And be sure you are rinsing that out of the diapers each wash. Right when you think they are clean enough, do an extra rinse. Or, just send them through another hot cycle and stop it after it spins out adn before the cold water is added. Makes sense? That cold or warm water is goo at rinsing out the leftover soap, but really, the ghot water is best at getting it all out.
as an extra precaution, do a once a month kinda system where your just washing everything in super hot water to keep things under control, this helps alot as well.
Lastly, the simplier the better the washing. Alot of people dont relize you dont need these huge and complicated wash routines. Keep it simple and easy and keep the water hot.
BTW, with Dawn, it may work for some, but not for all. I have such huge issues with using the stuff. Ive had to strip ALOT of diapers after its been introduced to the diapering systems and IMHO, its best to be kept out of the diapers.
Mama to Klaire (11), and Kooper (10.16.12)
Wifey of 11 years to Kreg.
kkweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 06:13 PM   #4
Registered Users

I recently boiled my dipaes adn inserrt. took some time to do 4-5 different loads.
then i dumped them int eh washer and added boiling water to the hot cycle.
worked GREAT!
not all diapers can take it. i did fuzzi bunz wtih no problem.
tigerlilytx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 06:23 PM   #5
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
My Mood:

You seductively take off the shirt and hold it out and let it drop to the floor........

THAT stripping!!! Ooops... sorry...

yeah... what others have said. super hot water till no suds. I've actually boiled mine before... hemp just loves to go *poof* with the soap build up when you put hemp into boiling water.
I have not been on much in the past few months, please be patient with me returning PM's.
dirtdartwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 06:38 PM   #6
Registered Users

Have you been using the Charlie's for long?? That was the culprit for us. Tried it with freshly stripped diapers, and immediately had terrible stink problems...
diaperjoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 06:48 PM   #7
Registered Users

I have never stripped (my diapers, at least ) but I have a front-loader and I think occasionally I am going to just rinse my dipes in a sink full of super-hot water a few times. The front-loader never really completely submerses them, kwim? I have a Bulky Items cycle that would probably really soak them but my machine leaks on that cycle.
Michele 19mo Katie in Medium Fuzzi Bunz, 1mo Dakota in Small Fuzzi Bunz, 7.5yo Jake and 11yo Kayla!
Homeschooling, lactivist, intactivist, liberal free-thinking mama!

My Feedback is HERE *and* I'm "just-the-mama" on Ebay and have YEARS of feedback there!
Michele is offline   Reply With Quote