Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-03-2006, 01:03 PM   #1
mom2fussy
Registered Users
seller

More overnight leaking questions

Seems like a lot of people have been asking questions about the best nighttime dipes lately, but I'd like your opinions for my situation too, please! Plus, I just want to complain to people who will understand.

My complaint: I'm still trying to figure out what works for DS overnight. Last week I used a CB MF insert + WalMart MF towel in a BG with no problems, but last night the same combo leaked while DS laid on his side. Med FB is a *touch* too big in places, so it's OK for daytime but wicks at night. Otherwise I just have WAHM & VB AIOs (which leaked when used with a hemp/fleece doubler) and PFs with diaperap covers.

Anyway, here's my actual question.... once I can buy a "nighttime" dipe or two, I want to buy a VBSN, because VB dipes seem to fit great. However, we were given a ***TON*** of clothes as gifts for DS, including lots of sleepers. I have enough to last through spring. I've heard that wool and fleece won't work well under clothing, and that even pockets tend to wick when pressed against clothing. I really don't want to try selling all the sleepers, especially since some are really cute! BTW, I've already returned what I could.

So what do you suggest as a cover for VBSN under a sleeper? Any other good nighttime dipe combo recommendations, based on the above info? TIA!

Advertisement

mom2fussy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 01:48 PM   #2
amyers
Registered Users
seller

Re: More overnight leaking questions

S kicks her covers off, so she's almost exclusively in footed sleepers (It was acutally really funny the other day, I wanted to try her new wool pants, so I put socks on her, hoping they'd stay - she took them off and THREW them out of the crib! They were halfway across the room ROFL!!)

We use VBSN and CYA (cloth for your Angels, on ebay: http://stores.ebay.com/CYA-Cloth-Diapers ) mostly. But I'm branching out into longies and wool pants, (I Know, why mess with what works?). We've never had a puddle with that combo (we get puddles of sopping sheets and baby with pockets). Once in a while, if she nurses at night or sleeps longer than 10 hrs. she's a little damp on the outside of her sleeper. Not the sheets, just the sleeper, so it's not much. And that pretty much happens when she soaks anything under ANY wool, ANY time of the day. I think that's just one of the properties of wool . . . it absorbs the pee, right?

HTH!
Ang
Old 09-03-2006, 05:52 PM   #3
mom2fussy
Registered Users
seller

What are the CYA covers like and how do they fit? (Are they true to size, short or high rise, etc...)

Just curious.... I haven't heard of them before.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:10 PM   #4
FitMommyOf2
I wish I could turn the tide!
seller

My Mood:

Ahhh.. the good old quest, night time diapering!
Let me tell you, I was soo shying away from that and even used for a few months () sposies overnight again after my first few attempts failed w/DS when he was a NB/2-3 mo. old.

By now I've found the ultimate solution for us: Sherri's (Leobaby04 here on DS) night time insert stuffed in a pocket fitted (my own) and wool over it.
That being said, the very same insert worked also great w/FB while we still used those. -I prefer using wool though, personally.

As to how DS is dressed for sleeping; we're in RI right now, so it's getting fairly cool here already and DS is wearing a pair of PJs (long sleeves and long legs) over his dipe + crat or Disana and then he goes into a fleece blanket sleeper.
Most likely that won't be enough though once it really got cold here and we'll have him in his sleep sacks again or a blanket over his fleece sleeper.

HTH!

ETA: As to wool, our work horses are Crats and Disana!

Last edited by FitMommyOf2; 09-03-2006 at 06:12 PM.
FitMommyOf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 09:34 AM   #5
mom2fussy
Registered Users
seller

OK, so that means I *CAN* put clothing over the wool?
(Just checking, 'cause I was pretty sure I heard somewhere that you couldn't!)
Old 09-04-2006, 09:44 AM   #6
FitMommyOf2
I wish I could turn the tide!
seller

My Mood:

I do and have no probs. I think you only need to make sure that it's not super tight over the wool, kwim?