Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-28-2008, 05:45 AM   #11
Deanner03
"Life's tough. Get a helmet."
seller

My Mood:
Re: Still no crawling

My ds never crawled. EVER
He scooted some, then just got up, then creeped around furniture and walked at 13 months. He was laid back too!

It's PERFECTLY normal!

Advertisement

Old 03-28-2008, 05:58 AM   #12
jessie309
I'm going to Cruefest!!!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
Crawling is not even actually considered a milestone by the pediatric board. It's not necessary for a child to crawl to be normal. I know, we all get in our heads how our children should be and when they don't fit that picture we think something is wrong. And yes, I know, sometimes something is.

My nephew is 11 months and does not crawl...his ped. said it is not a milestone!!! He is now standing and starting to cruise the furniture! Every baby develops differently. My DD started crawling at 6 months and I figured because she was the youngest she would walk the earliest.....well, she is almost 14 months and is just really starting to walk(first steps at a year)!!! I know it is hard not to worry

November Grocery Goal - $400 Actual Spent - $117
jessie309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:15 AM   #13
~sarah~
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Thanks mamas! I'll try not to worry. He really seems more interested in walking than crawling. He loves to stand, with me supporting him of course, and tries to take steps but he's still really tipsy. It just makes me sad for him that he can't crawl because he hates sitting still and really seems to want to be able to get around on his own. But he'll do it when he's ready, if he wants. I don't want to try to force him to do anything he doesn't want or isn't ready for.
~sarah~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:02 PM   #14
ck510
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Don't worry! It all takes time and there are HUGE ranges for what is normal. Ds started siting up really early (at like 2.5 months) He crawled at 6 and walked at 9. He didn't learn how to roll though until he was 6 months old. Dd is still content just laying there and she is 8.5 months old. Although her new trick is to pull up on things and try to cruise. I think she is a lot like your son. She wants to walk so bad to catch up with her older brother. I know its hard not to do but try not to compare just enjoy your LO at the stage they are in. Believe me there are days when you will be wishing he was little and couldn't get into anything!
ck510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:04 PM   #15
SMKelley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My daughter was crawling at around 6-7ish months old but she didn't learn how to roll over until she was 10 months old!!

DO NOT SELL TO ME!
SMKelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:36 PM   #16
dmj
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Try not to worry. Our ds will be 1 on 4/14/08 and he does not crawl, cruise or walk has no teeth and doesn't say any real words, oh and he hates baby food!
dmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 01:54 PM   #17
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

Mine didn't crawl til' after 9 months. No biggie.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:54 PM   #18
Moxie
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ryan is 7 1/2 months old and doesn't even attempt to crawl or stay on his tummy more than a second. MIL said that my husband never crawled but just started walking one day. So I wouldnt worry!!
Moxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 11:39 AM   #19
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My friend's little girl didn't crawl til 11 months and didn't walk til 15. She is fine.

Her mom finally started ignoring the message boards because it upset her to much. Each kid develops at his or her own pace.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 02:25 PM   #20
ladylee
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
Crawling is not even actually considered a milestone by the pediatric board. It's not necessary for a child to crawl to be normal. I know, we all get in our heads how our children should be and when they don't fit that picture we think something is wrong. And yes, I know, sometimes something is.

And crawling "early" doesn't necessarily mean anything, either. My son was crawling by 7 months but wouldn't walk unaided until he was 17 months. He's perfectly normal.
exactly!! Well said!!

As long as your not concerned about possible low muscle tone or have other concerns, I am sure your lil' one is fine!
ladylee is offline   Reply With Quote