Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-03-2006, 02:27 PM   #1
Merolu
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
dumb questions about fertility

So is it possible to miss or skip ovulating altogether?
And is it possible to get pregnant on your period?
Ok, here's the story. We are going to be TTC in 6 months or so and I've been charting my AF and fertility in a lazy way, just marking on a calendar when I start, stop and O. I have never missed an O and this month my AF was 9 days, I had a single swipe one day of what could have been EWCM on CD 12 or 13 (don't remember) and nothing since. nada. Cm is smooth, white, creamy, not sticky/stretchy at all and I am on CD 20.
I've heard some things can disrupt AF cycles and I wondered (forgive the dumb questions, but I'm ignorant and need to ask) could having a cold do it? I had a nasty cold right on the end of my AF. Also, I figured I was safe when DH and I used no protection -for the first time in 2 years I might add, on the last day of my AF CD9. BUT- a friend just kindly told me that it's possibly, she was inseminated on CD 11 and her son is 6 now.

Advertisement

Merolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 03:34 PM   #2
MommaRhi
Registered Users
Co-Op Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: dumb questions about fertility

it all depends on your luteal phase that month. Your cycle may have been shorter so you may have missed your ovulation.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:25 PM   #3
AMoorhead
Registered Users

o

Last edited by AMoorhead; 09-14-2006 at 06:33 PM.
AMoorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:11 PM   #4
Proverbs169
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Having a cold won't affect AF. Occasionally stress can delay ovulation, but obviously that only happens before O- stress after O doesn't cause a delay in AF, your luteal phase will stay the same. Also, it is totally normal for a healthy woman to have an annovulatory cycle every so often. It's also possible that you are O'ing late this cycle. I am a late o'er and the earliest I o'ed while ttc was cd19.
Proverbs169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:47 PM   #5
Merolu
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

at day 23-25 I had something that might have been O, but unlike every single time since I was 13 it wasn't external EWCM, but there was a tiny bit internal and a lot of watery, odorless painless leaking, I had to wear a pad. now I am two and a half days overdue.

I've never had a month while cycling regularly where I didn't have EWCM, and I have only been late once in my life when it wasn't a baby... it was a suspected but unconfirmed miscarriage.
i tested neg til the end of the 8th week with my second child so I'll only be satisfied if I get AF or a + on my test. *sigh* I hate waiting.
Merolu is offline   Reply With Quote