Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-03-2006, 03:47 PM   #1
kaylismama
Registered Users
seller

8 Day Cruise...HELP

Alright my hubby's current employer is paying for an 8 day Mexican Riveria Cruise for the top 5 employees and their families. This includes us...WOOHOO!! Anyways not that any of that matters, but what I am wondering is do I really HAVE to use sposies for those 8 whole days?? Anyone done this or similar length vacation with any success? I would really have NO problem with buying some more dipes so that we could go 8 days without washing, but Im wondering if my dipes will all be stained and ruined if I do? Im thinking if not, Ill take a suitcase just for dipes with like 3 or 4 wetbags and LOTS of pail pals ...but Im not sure if this can REALLY be done!! TIA!!

Advertisement

Old 09-03-2006, 04:24 PM   #2
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: 8 Day Cruise...HELP

hmm that is a pretty long time, I have never dealt with that but if it were me I'd probably suck it up and use sposies now just going to visit family or if you are staying in a hotel or somewhere near where you CAN do laundry, that is a different story lol hope someone has some suggestions for you, and have fun! Lucky you!
Old 09-03-2006, 04:26 PM   #3
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

Don't they have washing machines?
Old 09-03-2006, 04:31 PM   #4
kaylismama
Registered Users
seller

No I dont think that they have machines, I know on another cruise last Oct (before DD) that we went on there werent machines, but there was a laundry service! But then they wouldnt be washed correctly or with the right detergent...

Thats a good question though that I can ask the cruise line...
Old 09-03-2006, 04:44 PM   #5
mbrandi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The cruise I went on there was a waher machine and a laundry service. It was a carnival cruise.
mbrandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 04:59 PM   #6
kaylismama
Registered Users
seller

boy would that be AWESOME...i think we will be on royal caribbean,but im going to have hubby find out so i can call!! thanks
Old 09-03-2006, 05:11 PM   #7
Emma
Registered Users
seller

Call Royal Caribbean's customer service phone #. They'll be able to tell you if there are self-serve washers/dryers on board.

I'm planning on going on a cruise next year w/DD, and I'm planning on bringing CDs with me. I'll just make sure to bring my own detergent and plenty of quarters!
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 05:39 PM   #8
Menfusse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh my gosh! That sounds so fun! BUT, I think I would just go for sposies . I would just rather enjoy my trip and not have to worry about washing and keeping up with dipes on that long of a trip. Just my 2 cents!
Old 09-03-2006, 06:54 PM   #9
gfarley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would just bring sposies. I went on a 5day cruise with washing machines but there were only 6 machines for the entire boat. Often they would be full and I would have to waste a lot of time going back and forth. Our cabin was not close to either laundry rooms. I wasn't doing dirty dipes. I have a daughter with bladder issues. I would just have fun and relax not doing laundry.

Gwen
gfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 07:07 PM   #10
kaylismama
Registered Users
seller

I sooo dont like sposies...but this may be the result if there are only a few machines...I would only wash dipes twice, and would make sure it was a day at sea so I wasnt missing out on anything!!