Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-03-2006, 07:18 PM   #11
GoddessWifeMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Night time wool with a prefold??

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitMommyOf2
Does she drink at night? Or b4 bed?
I just realized your DD and my DS are close in age, hence the curiosity )

I hope tonight will be working great for you!
She doesn't normally drink right before bed. Really she has maybe 3-4 6oz bottles of milk a day or maybe 1 juice in there instead of a milk. She likes her solids. LOL

She does have to take a pill before bed though but only has 1 baby spoon of food with maybe a couple more if she is interested.

We have tried to give her something to drink before bed thinking that she used to HAVE to have a bottle before bed so why would it change but she just doesn't seem interested. I think she's just tired and wants to just go down.

Advertisement

Old 09-03-2006, 07:51 PM   #12
Julesmom23girls
Banned

My Mood:

We have used a premium PF and a recycled wool soaker for night time w/o leaks, in fact Pf are all that we really use for night time. DD out grew the soaker so now we use PUL covers, but one PF was all she needed. I have heard that some will lay another PF (like a preemie or infant size) in if they have a super soaker, but DD wakes up w/o leaking. Her PF will be wet from corner to corner but it doesn't leak, she is usually in it 12 hrs give or take a little. I do like to add a strip of microfleece between her bum and the PF so that her skin stays drier over night.

Good luck, I think it is trial and error to see how much extra absorption you need. I always thought of DD as a heavy night wetter, until we started using CD and I reallized I didn't have to add as many layer as some do.
Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 07:54 PM   #13
FitMommyOf2
I wish I could turn the tide!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Peas14mnsapart
She doesn't normally drink right before bed. Really she has maybe 3-4 6oz bottles of milk a day or maybe 1 juice in there instead of a milk. She likes her solids. LOL

She does have to take a pill before bed though but only has 1 baby spoon of food with maybe a couple more if she is interested.

We have tried to give her something to drink before bed thinking that she used to HAVE to have a bottle before bed so why would it change but she just doesn't seem interested. I think she's just tired and wants to just go down.
Oh wow, see, DS isn't too much interested in food, but loooves his milk! And since he rarely wants to eat anything solid b4 bed, it stuck being our routine to give him some milk b4 sleeping.
Sometimes I wished he wouldn't drink so much anymore, as then clearly also his dipes would stay dry longer
Old 09-03-2006, 08:08 PM   #14
GoddessWifeMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Oh wow, see, DS isn't too much interested in food, but loooves his milk! And since he rarely wants to eat anything solid b4 bed, it stuck being our routine to give him some milk b4 sleeping.
Sometimes I wished he wouldn't drink so much anymore, as then clearly also his dipes would stay dry longer
That's funny how different kids can be.

Our DD loves her food so much she HAS to have whatever we are eating, luckly we don't eat junk so it's all stuff she can eat mostly.

Her favorites so far are Hummous, tzitziki, Spanakopita (spinach pie), Sweet potato, drinkable yogurt, parmesan cheese (we eat it from a block in cut off pieces it's a staple in most Italian families LOL), 5 year old cheddar the older the better, home made pancakes, waffles, bran muffins, anything with banana in it.

LOL she is a good eater really. Some of the things she likes most people go "WOW she will eat that??" like with the hummous and the spinach.

She still likes her whole milk though but just doesn't drink as much of it.

She likes water too and likes it with a little bit of real lemon juice LOL.
Old 09-03-2006, 08:27 PM   #15
GoddessWifeMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

Our DD loves her food so much she HAS to have whatever we are eating, luckly we don't eat junk so it's all stuff she can eat mostly.

Her favorites so far are Hummous, tzitziki, Spanakopita (spinach pie), Sweet potato, drinkable yogurt, parmesan cheese (we eat it from a block in cut off pieces it's a staple in most Italian families LOL), 5 year old cheddar the older the better, home made pancakes, waffles, bran muffins, anything with banana in it.

LOL she is a good eater really. Some of the things she likes most people go "WOW she will eat that??" like with the hummous and the spinach.

Old 09-04-2006, 06:16 AM   #16
GoddessWifeMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

Old 09-04-2006, 10:26 AM   #17
FitMommyOf2
I wish I could turn the tide!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Peas14mnsapart

Wow, that's awesome!!! I wish DS would eat more like this! I can count on 1 hand what he eats! (Banana, fresh bread, yogurt, cheese, meatballs and noodles. And all that only a few bites, not even large amounts.. It's pretty frustrating for me after I was so used from DD to eat everything LOL. [Which made her be more of a lil porker than he is ])

Hmm.. Spinach pie sounds super yummy!!! You gotta post the recipe for that, pretty please!!!
Old 09-04-2006, 10:53 AM   #18
mama23boys
Banned
seller

i LOVE my little liam longies (tara/milkondemand) for nighttime. we use a premium
IPF with a doubler from NBC under his longies and he is in that for 12+ hrs. no wet spots on the bed
mama23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 02:16 PM   #19
TwoInCloth
Registered Users

My older son is a heavy wetter. We lay a cpf inside a kissaluv fitted and also use a stay dry hemp liner. Then cover with either and Aristocrat soaker or Aristocrat longies. They both work really well- never had a leak.
TwoInCloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 02:25 PM   #20
AppalachianMama
Registered Users

Organic wool jersey with an organic wool doubler, or a super lanolized 'crat with a wool doubler is what we do! We do plain old prefolds, either ipf or a size bigger(toddlers), with a trifold doubler in the wet zone.
AppalachianMama is offline   Reply With Quote