View Poll Results: How many PFs do you own?
None 2 4.35%
6 or less 3 6.52%
6-12 4 8.70%
12-24 15 32.61%
24-32 9 19.57%
Way more than that 13 28.26%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2006, 07:17 PM   #11
upstategirl's Avatar
upstategirl
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 2,367
My Mood:
Re: How many PFs?

I used to have a dozen but, I traded all of them.

Advertisement

upstategirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 07:19 PM   #12
myajdw's Avatar
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 10,887
My Mood:
Re: How many PFs?

i snappi!! i've gotten pretty quick at it too. i tried to pin once and it honestly was kinda a pita IMO. i've also trifolded once which was nice and easy and held ok, but i love the look and tight (but not too tight) look of a snappi. we do two folds, the bikini (yes this can be done w/a boy and works great!) and what i believe is called the angel fold. both are night and snug and hold great!!!
__________________
~*Lacey*~Wahm behind Ilori Knits IloriKnits FB Wahm Thread

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 07:25 PM   #13
FitMommyOf2's Avatar
FitMommyOf2
I wish I could turn the tide!
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Navy base in Sicily (FPO addy!)
Posts: 7,800
My Mood:
Re: How many PFs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by myajdw
i snappi!! i've gotten pretty quick at it too. i tried to pin once and it honestly was kinda a pita IMO. i've also trifolded once which was nice and easy and held ok, but i love the look and tight (but not too tight) look of a snappi. we do two folds, the bikini (yes this can be done w/a boy and works great!) and what i believe is called the angel fold. both are night and snug and hold great!!!
I'll have to give snappis another try then once I got my PFs!

Hey, tell me about the bikini twist! Is it really possible w/a boy? I always shyed away from that already from the beginning for the obvious reason , not wanting to hurt his lil 'package'
__________________
~*Val*~ Veg*n SAHM to 2 kids (Feb'02 & July '05) married to my soulmate
If I don't respond, it's because we're 6 hrs ahead of EST and I might be sleeping already
FitMommyOf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 07:26 PM   #14
FitMommyOf2's Avatar
FitMommyOf2
I wish I could turn the tide!
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Navy base in Sicily (FPO addy!)
Posts: 7,800
My Mood:
Re: How many PFs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer
Over 60:
12 premium CPFs
6 regular CPFs
14 infant CPFs
4 preemie CPFs
12 premium IPFs
10 regular IPFs
6 premium CPFs that are really old & hole-y...I use these to wrap up poopy diapers and walk them from the toilet after spraying to the pail in the laundry room.
Oh wow, that's a looot of PFs!
__________________
~*Val*~ Veg*n SAHM to 2 kids (Feb'02 & July '05) married to my soulmate
If I don't respond, it's because we're 6 hrs ahead of EST and I might be sleeping already
FitMommyOf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 07:34 PM   #15
Julesmom23girls
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,017
My Mood:
Re: How many PFs?

PF are our main stash, I have 3 pocket and 1 AIO otherwise.

We have 12 premium CPF and 12 premium UBIPF, and then 24 infant UBIPF. This will be our first newborn in CD, I am so excited to try these little PF out. They are all washed and ready to wrap around a little bum. We use a snappi and PUL covers for the most part, I do have a couple of wool covers. I have heard lots of mamma us the twist fold on boys, i think it is more of a matter where you place the twist so it gives them enough room in the right area, KWIM. But from my log in name you can see I don't have any boy experience, LOL.

I love the simplicity of PF as well. I am not a frilly kind of person so I am not drawn to all the fancy stuff, but they are pretty. I guess I can't see the point in a pretty diaper that you don't want a baby to poop in. LOL Just me.
Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 07:39 PM   #16
FitMommyOf2's Avatar
FitMommyOf2
I wish I could turn the tide!
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Navy base in Sicily (FPO addy!)
Posts: 7,800
My Mood:
Re: How many PFs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julesmom23girls
PF are our main stash, I have 3 pocket and 1 AIO otherwise.

We have 12 premium CPF and 12 premium UBIPF, and then 24 infant UBIPF. This will be our first newborn in CD, I am so excited to try these little PF out. They are all washed and ready to wrap around a little bum. We use a snappi and PUL covers for the most part, I do have a couple of wool covers. I have heard lots of mamma us the twist fold on boys, i think it is more of a matter where you place the twist so it gives them enough room in the right area, KWIM. But from my log in name you can see I don't have any boy experience, LOL.

I love the simplicity of PF as well. I am not a frilly kind of person so I am not drawn to all the fancy stuff, but they are pretty. I guess I can't see the point in a pretty diaper that you don't want a baby to poop in. LOL Just me.
Nice stash!!!
Ahh.. I remember how I had my stash of PFs waiting for DS in his room while I was still preggo with him.. I dyed all of them in a 'rainbow', that was the best sight ever!

Makes sense about the right placement of the twist I'll have to try that!

Hey, btw, congrats on your pregnancy! When are you due?
__________________
~*Val*~ Veg*n SAHM to 2 kids (Feb'02 & July '05) married to my soulmate
If I don't respond, it's because we're 6 hrs ahead of EST and I might be sleeping already
FitMommyOf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 07:41 PM   #17
Julesmom23girls
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,017
My Mood:
Re: How many PFs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitMommyOf2
Hey, btw, congrats on your pregnancy! When are you due?
Baby Grace will arrive on Oct 3rd via c-section. I can't wait to see her. Thanks!!!
Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 07:43 PM   #18
FitMommyOf2's Avatar
FitMommyOf2
I wish I could turn the tide!
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Navy base in Sicily (FPO addy!)
Posts: 7,800
My Mood:
Re: How many PFs?

Aww.. so it's fairly soon!!!
GL w/your c-section. Both of mine were too.
I wish you a quick recovery then!!!
__________________
~*Val*~ Veg*n SAHM to 2 kids (Feb'02 & July '05) married to my soulmate
If I don't respond, it's because we're 6 hrs ahead of EST and I might be sleeping already
FitMommyOf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 07:46 PM   #19
homesick742's Avatar
homesick742
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 496
My Mood:
Re: How many PFs?

I have 15 pf's. I have 12 CPF's and 3 IPF's. I got them all at cotton babies. I use them for naps and when we'll be out longer because ds tends to be a heavy wetter. They were one of the only things I really used until I discovered angel wraps. I bought a bunch of everything but ended up not liking pockets that much.
homesick742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 07:47 PM   #20
FitMommyOf2's Avatar
FitMommyOf2
I wish I could turn the tide!
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Navy base in Sicily (FPO addy!)
Posts: 7,800
My Mood:
Re: How many PFs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by homesick742
I have 15 pf's. I have 12 CPF's and 3 IPF's. I got them all at cotton babies. I use them for naps and when we'll be out longer because ds tends to be a heavy wetter. They were one of the only things I really used until I discovered angel wraps. I bought a bunch of everything but ended up not liking pockets that much.
Since you mentiong your DS being a heavy wetter (so is mine), do you use any doublers or anything with your PFs then?
Ahh.. Angel Wraps.. my old love! I used to have a big stash of those.. They're great dipes!
__________________
~*Val*~ Veg*n SAHM to 2 kids (Feb'02 & July '05) married to my soulmate
If I don't respond, it's because we're 6 hrs ahead of EST and I might be sleeping already
FitMommyOf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.