Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-01-2006, 09:02 PM   #1
Marielblewis
Registered Users

My Mood:
I need a special trainer

My brother has a blind son who is nearly four years old. He thinks his son is ready to start potty training and is interested in using cloth instead of disposable pullups. His son will take a very long time to potty train, and regular trainers will not really work. What he will need is more like an AIO that pulls up. It needs to be very absorbant so I am thinking a cotton hemp blend would be right. Also, if it were slightly adjustable that would be great because as I mentioned before, he will probably be using them a long time and my brother can't afford to replace them often. My brother wants 6 pull-up style AIOs and he is hoping to get them for around $10 each. I know that is not really reasonable so I would be willing to pay the difference. Also, if they looked a little like boys undies that would be nice. Soooo if you know of a product like what I am describing or a SAHM mom who will make one, or you are a SAHM who will make them PLEASE let me know. I have been trying to convert them to cloth for a long time (for the savings) so it is really important to me that these work well. Thanks in advance,

Marie

Advertisement

Marielblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 09:48 PM   #2
MommaRalph
Registered Users
seller

Re: I need a special trainer

I just ordered this overnight trainer from www.kidalog.com for my 3 year old to wear overnight. Description from site:
Hi-Tech Bedwetter/Training Pants CAN$19.95
Bedwetter or Super-Absorbent Training Pants - Thick, absorbent organic cotton pants for nighttime. Pull-on style does not look like a diaper, so kids want to wear them. Waterproof outer fabric protects clothing & bedding. White outer fabric, natural (unbleached) beige inside.

One advantage to you is that the price is in Canadian dollars which ends up being less in American dollars. Hope this helps! No review yet though - sorry!

Valerie

PS Browse their site. They have adult cloth diapers too....
MommaRalph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 10:31 PM   #3
Marielblewis
Registered Users

My Mood:

These are nice, but I was hoping for hemp. I will keep them in mind.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:41 PM   #4
veganmamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Snap-ez are expensive, but they are exactly what you are describing, including hemp inners. (except they have snaps incase of a mess) They are about double the price he is looking to spend but the quality is amazing and she can add a second set of snaps to make it last longer. She has up to size 7 I think. If he orders the size bigger she will add extra snaps to make it the size smaller. I got 4 AIO trainers for my DS who is 3. I doubt your brother will need 6 for his son. If he washes them twice a week he will only need 4. She has both inner fabrics for the kids to feel wet or to feel dry. I got 3 feel wets (velour)and one feel dry (microfleece) inners and the outers are PUL.

Check them out under AIO trainers on her site. http://www.snap-ez.com

edited to say I was wrong about them having a sale, it is over...

Last edited by veganmamma; 09-01-2006 at 10:48 PM.
veganmamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:14 PM   #5
Marielblewis
Registered Users

My Mood:

The snap-ez are great, except the trainer is $19 and the insert is another $15 I probably can't afford $34 a dipe. I do like that it can be used without the insert for a true trainer and with it for a dipe. We will need the inserts to start out with because my nephew will have to get used to how they feel and putting them on before he actually starts to potty train. My brother was thinking of at least 6 because they will not be just for nighttime use. Honestly, I think with 6 he will have to wash them everyday, and maybe have one or two left over depending. Still, these are great. I will see if I can price them used.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:17 PM   #6
Marielblewis
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hmm... I like their AIO Trainers. Maybe that would work and then we can buy the pocket trainers when he actually starts potty training - they look the same so he shouldn't be disturbed by a difference. At least that would bring things down to $24 a dipe. I am still hoping to hear from a WAHM if anyone is interested.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:20 PM   #7
veganmamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't use an insert, but at age 3 my Ds can go three+ hours with out peeing, then all of a sudden he GOES!!! I have not used them at nights yet. My DS is still in diapers, but I did not get an extra insert for his AIO trainers. She doesn't even sell them that way. But from what I understand from a friend who uses the AIO diapers, the inserts are fine, but any insert will do just fine. HTH!!!

Editing to add that I am/was talking about their AIO trainers. The Nap-EZ trainers are pocket trainers used to control how much absorbing you need. I see the pocket trainers going first or at nights and naps when you might need more absorbing than the AIO. You could do a combo...

And Ruth is a WAHM.

Last edited by veganmamma; 09-01-2006 at 11:26 PM.
veganmamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:32 PM   #8
SAHMLamar
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Try Phoebe at Cloth Thoughts.
http://cloththoughts.com

I've heard her trainers are great.

You could also just google pocket trainers, or look on the Pin review page too. That's really what it sounds like you want- a pocket trainer. Goes on like underwear, but you can stuff as much or little as you want with whatever you want...
SAHMLamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 04:13 PM   #9
Marielblewis
Registered Users

My Mood:

Well, I couldn't talk my brother into the cost of the NapEz, but I think I will buy a few myself as my DD is a bed wetter and she is outgrowing her size 5T Diaperaps. NapEz makes them up to size 8!
Old 09-04-2006, 04:19 PM   #10
MamaMegan
Banned
seller

I just got some greatones from Pheobe from Cloththoughts.com-- they're pocket trainers, PUL outside fitted and pull up and down-- we put less stuffin in during the day and more at night (using hemp in the pockets). I want to say they were $10-12 each. She can do custom sizes (my son is a big guy)-- definietly worth checking out!
MamaMegan is offline   Reply With Quote