Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-31-2008, 01:31 PM   #1
applepiesf
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Need advice about dirty diaper changes!

My 16-month-old has developed the yucky habit in the past few days of reaching down and grabbing his bottom while I'm trying to change his dirty diapers. The more I say no and take his hands away, the more he laughs and tries to do it more. He did this a few minutes ago, and I was getting really angry, so I know I sounded stern/mad, but he just laughed anyway. He was squirming and kicking and grabbing everywhere, and poop ended up all over his hands, legs, feet, changing table... Seriously disgusting and infuriating. I don't know what to do. I have tried giving him different things to hold and play with or other distractions, but nothing has worked, especially because he gets such a rise out of me when he does this. Help! What do I do about this gross habit?!

Andi

Advertisement

applepiesf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:58 PM   #2
Drearina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need advice about dirty diaper changes!

.... I have to change Sarah on the floor now. I use my feet to hold her hands above her head.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:03 PM   #3
logansmomma07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need advice about dirty diaper changes!

DS used to do that too... It did help to change him on the floor and hold his arms down with my legs, or I would lay my leg on top of him so he couldnt roll over and track poo everywhere. He actually liked it and thought it was funny He doesnt do it anymore, though he is only almost a year old, so I'm sure he will find interest in it again sometime