Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-04-2006, 09:22 AM   #21
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:
Re: Im in shock (death post-a lil on topic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikruca
I can't say I am shocked..

I mean- it is really sad that he left a family behind, but clearly his priorities weren't in line of that was a concern for him... his whole lifestyle was just setting the stage for something like this to happen...
My thoughts exactly. It's like playing russian rouletter with life and he lost.

Advertisement

Old 09-04-2006, 09:27 AM   #22
momovthree
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2two
I completely agree. Many people die doing their jobs, and for the most part they are thought of as heros. A good father dying is tragic, and I don't understand the "Well, that's what you get" attitude. It's harsh. Would people say that about my dh if he died while he was deployed?
Being deployed is completely different IMO.

This guy's job was as an entertainer, I wouldn't put the military in a catagory with entertainers.
momovthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 10:24 AM   #23
juniper29
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Wow, I can't believe this is getting so controversial......

Biting tongue now...............

The man was an educator who used television to educate people about wild animals - plain and simple. He took one for the team - the 'team' being all of us who learned something by watching his show.

Last edited by juniper29; 09-04-2006 at 10:35 AM.
juniper29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 11:12 AM   #24
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

This is not the time to judge his lifestyle or his career. He left a young wife and two small children behind. Let the poor family mourn for crying out loud

I'm quite sure if his wife didn't approve of his career choices, she wouldn't have married the guy or had children with him. She used to go croc hunting with him. This man had a passion for those animals and wanted to educate anyone he could about them. Dangerous or not, that doesn't change the fact that he is gone and those children no longer have their Daddy.
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 11:33 AM   #25
cowmommy
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew 5:44
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tararaboomdeea
This is not the time to judge his lifestyle or his career. He left a young wife and two small children behind. Let the poor family mourn for crying out loud

I'm quite sure if his wife didn't approve of his career choices, she wouldn't have married the guy or had children with him. She used to go croc hunting with him. This man had a passion for those animals and wanted to educate anyone he could about them. Dangerous or not, that doesn't change the fact that he is gone and those children no longer have their Daddy.
I can't believe there are people out there who just believe he got what was coming to him What if it was your husband or father? Would you want people saying that about them?
Old 09-04-2006, 11:41 AM   #26
aimeemarie
Registered Users
seller

I don't think anyone is saying he deserved it or "got what was coming to him."

I agree w/ Michelle.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:37 PM   #27
Tobinnicole
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tararaboomdeea

I absolutely agree. He was a carismatic man who was passionate about animals and sharing his love for them with others. Im so sad he is gone
Old 09-04-2006, 12:55 PM   #28
janendragon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

he did do a dangrous job but this death wasn't doing his usual job (which saved lives btw) he was just doing a simple normal underwater documentary.....it is EXTREMELY rare for a sting ray to sting in the heart.

his wife and family didnt think his prioritys were wrong, his wife was right there with him helping him collect rare poisionous snakes so they could be milked to create antivenom, even after the birth of their children.
Quote:
I can't say I am shocked..

I mean- it is really sad that he left a family behind, but clearly his priorities weren't in line of that was a concern for him... his whole lifestyle was just setting the stage for something like this to happen...
I will keep his family in my prayers, and I hope they carry on his legacy with the zoo and helping save peoples lives by creating antivenom, and moving crocs back to their natural habitat.

SAHM to my crazy toddler
janendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 02:18 PM   #29
Mommy2JadynandAshlyn
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momovthree
Being deployed is completely different IMO.

This guy's job was as an entertainer, I wouldn't put the military in a catagory with entertainers.
No, he was first an educator. His education then turned into entertainment with the purpose of educating. He is trying to save wildlife and inform people about wildlife which can then save lives as well. The military in this day and age I feel would be in the same category. My BIL and cousin and many friends are in the military and you know what you are getting yourself into which is very possibly death. And I agree with a previous poster that there are many other people around not just him and wildlife.

And to whoever said that people aren't saying he got what was coming to him, they most definetely are if you read there responses which to me seem heartless when talking about 2 very small children who lost their daddy and a woman who lost the love of her life and the father to her children.

Not trying to be controversial but I was just shocked at the lack of compassion in some of these responses.
Old 09-04-2006, 02:22 PM   #30
AppalachianMama
Registered Users

It is really sad. I feel so bad for his wife and kids. I can't imagine losing my husbad. Prayers for his wife and children.
AppalachianMama is offline   Reply With Quote