Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-29-2008, 05:35 PM   #1
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Exclamation Did I drop?

So I have had SPD since like 14 weeks with this preg (where the pubic bone separates too much and causes pain)..through PT I have been able to keep it manageable until about 2 hours ago. I seriously can't go up or down the stairs

I thought maybe I dropped and thats why it hurts so much all of a sudden? I haven't done anything out of the ordinary today or the last few days...just hanging out.

This is me at 31 weeks.

And this is me just a few minutes ago at 32 weeks 4 days

Does it look like I have dropped at all? If I have dropped, even though this is my second preg it can be awhile to labor right? Please? 32 weeks is too early for my little kiddo...

Advertisement

Old 03-29-2008, 05:52 PM   #2
amanda_leigh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Did I drop?

I'm not 100%, but it looks like you might have dropped a bit, Mama! This is my 1st pregancy, so I'm not sure about when labor should start though...
Old 03-29-2008, 05:58 PM   #3
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

It doesn't reeeeally look like it to me, maybe a bit. But, I don't think dropping is a for sure indicator of labor. I am pretty sure you can "drop" and still go weeks until you have the baby - much like losing your mucus plug.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:25 PM   #4
1blessedmama
Registered Users
seller

Looks like you may be starting to drop at least, but I wouldn't worry about it! I dropped with DD at 32 weeks and went overdue...and I've already dropped with this one and am no where near labor.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:32 PM   #5
goldmama22
Registered Users
seller

You don't look like you dropped but you do look bigger to me. Do you have a belly supporter? That might help take some of the pressure off...
goldmama22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 06:36 PM   #6
hobbsandbean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With my first, I "dropped" way before I delivered. I wouldn't worry about that part.

I'm so sorry about the SPD - that is miserable, but it is way better right after delivery...I know that's probably not that encouraging. For me it kicked in with my son at about 32 weeks, and I think it was just that he hit my body's weight limit for passengers. I know it's really hard to, but just try to think about that little baby you'll have and avoid stairs and twirling around on one leg...no ballet.
baby keelah . 3 months, finalizing adoption now!
hobbsandbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 06:41 PM   #7
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbsandbean View Post
With my first, I "dropped" way before I delivered. I wouldn't worry about that part.

I'm so sorry about the SPD - that is miserable, but it is way better right after delivery...I know that's probably not that encouraging. For me it kicked in with my son at about 32 weeks, and I think it was just that he hit my body's weight limit for passengers. I know it's really hard to, but just try to think about that little baby you'll have and avoid stairs and twirling around on one leg...no ballet.
I wish I could avoid stairs....DSs bedroom is upstairs as is mine but everything else (food, fridge, playroom, etc) is downstiars so if either of us wants to sleep (at least once a day for nap and another for bedtime for him and another for bedtime for me....) then I have to do stairs.

I dropped way early with him too but I didnt have SPD with him and I had always heard that the second baby usually didn't drop until you were in labor....
Old 03-30-2008, 12:30 AM   #8
mommyfrog
Registered Users

I'm on my 7th and this is the first time I've dropped before labor. He started dropping about a week and a half ago and is way down now with no other signs of labor. I don't think it's a sign of labor, just torture!!
Jeanie, wife of Paul, mommy of Aurora-20 and married (5/23/94), Oliver-18 (12/27/95), Simon-15 (9/11/98), Savannah-14 (4/9/00), Harrison-11 (2/26/03), Genevieve-9 (2/24/05), and Sebastian-6 (4/24/08), Precious Baby Girl (lost 8/10), Magnus-(4/26/14)
mommyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 12:35 AM   #9
vickieboggs
Registered
seller

My Mood:

you look the same to me??

Lots of WOOLIES for sale, knit, crochet, shorties and longies
vickieboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 07:37 AM   #10
etsdtm99
Registered Users
seller

I'm thinking maybe baby just turned head down or more so? my baby was transverse or at least diagonal until last week and when he turned head down my belly changed shape, looked and felt lower and i'm a ton more uncomfortable - but he is still not actually engaged/dropped ..