Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-19-2008, 08:58 PM   #1
fouradss
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: May mamas countdown thread!! Come on in :o)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hullabal98 View Post
feel like nesting but can't ever get the energy to do it - which prob adds to the blues
dh works nights and I just feel alone a lot. ds is 4 in a week and a great kid - who happens to drive me crazy right now so I struggle with guilt about that too
Same here. I am so tired and once I start nesting it only last a few hours before I am hurting soooooo bad.

Your not alone, my dd will be 4 on 4/25. She can get under my skin, and just drive me crazy. I will get mad and end up yelling or scolding her, then I feel aweful. My patients are so skinny I feel so bad for her. I alteast know that it is like that, and it allows me to try to control it better. Plus my DH has been out of state for 6 weeks, so I am a new single mother. He will be back for the birth, and then back to Wyoming. Once I hit 6wks pp, we are making a big move.

Sorry for the vent.

Advertisement

Old 03-19-2008, 09:06 PM   #2
dawn3girls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DommysMommy View Post
Does anybody else still have so much to do, but not really feeling like it? I'm really anxious for this baby to come, and keep thinking that 10 weeks is so far away, but we haven't even painted his room yet! It's not like it really NEEDS to be done, because he'll be in our room with us, but we'll never want to do it after he gets here, ya know? I need to buy new furniture for Dom so the new baby can have Dom's baby furniture, but I really can't do that until we paint the room! We've been saying every week that we'll do it on the weekend, but something comes up and we put it off...which seems fine, but how many more weeks can we keep doing this? And I'm really nervous about how it's supposed to work with a 19 month old running around...considering it'll take at least 2 days (walls one day, border another). I wanted to do it this weekend, but my baby shower is on Saturday, and of course Sunday is Easter. And DH is working out of town 5 1/2 days a week, so he's only home on the weekends, so it's not like we could slowly do it through the week!
Sorry for getting on a tangent there...I tend to ramble, even with my fingers on a keyboard!
So yeah....anyone else been procrastinating and being anxious at the same time?!
I am procrastinating on several things that I need to get done before baby comes (cleaning, organizing). I have already moved our 2 yo (2/2006) into her own room. I did it in January. Decided that was the one thing I was going to do early so that she would get used to her new room before baby comes!
Is this the new thing having a baby shower after the first baby?
dawn3girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 09:44 PM   #3
DommysMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn3girls View Post
I am procrastinating on several things that I need to get done before baby comes (cleaning, organizing). I have already moved our 2 yo (2/2006) into her own room. I did it in January. Decided that was the one thing I was going to do early so that she would get used to her new room before baby comes!
Is this the new thing having a baby shower after the first baby?
I've heard that a few times...and I have to say, I don't understand it. Why should the first baby be the only one to get a shower? Color me confused.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:17 PM   #4
shandi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Does anybody else still have so much to do, but not really feeling like it? I'm really anxious for this baby to come, and keep thinking that 10 weeks is so far away, but we haven't even painted his room yet! It's not like it really NEEDS to be done, because he'll be in our room with us, but we'll never want to do it after he gets here, ya know? I need to buy new furniture for Dom so the new baby can have Dom's baby furniture, but I really can't do that until we paint the room! We've been saying every week that we'll do it on the weekend, but something comes up and we put it off...which seems fine, but how many more weeks can we keep doing this? And I'm really nervous about how it's supposed to work with a 19 month old running around...considering it'll take at least 2 days (walls one day, border another). I wanted to do it this weekend, but my baby shower is on Saturday, and of course Sunday is Easter. And DH is working out of town 5 1/2 days a week, so he's only home on the weekends, so it's not like we could slowly do it through the week!
Sorry for getting on a tangent there...I tend to ramble, even with my fingers on a keyboard!
So yeah....anyone else been procrastinating and being anxious at the same time?!
Yep, I totally hear ya! We're totally in the same boat with getting the baby's room ready. We have to get the queen sized bed out of there (it's currently our guest room), paint and move the baby furniture in there...but we also have to get a new toddler bed & dresser for Tristan for his "big boy bed"
And we can't seem to find anything we like in town, eek!

The baby will be sleeping with us in our room anyways so there's no giant rush, but I'd still like to get things somewhat organized!

Last edited by shandi; 03-20-2008 at 08:57 AM.
shandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:37 PM   #5
momto3under2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi May mamas!
I am due on the 27th and getting more nervous and excited. I know ds will handle it fairly well, but I am not so sure about my girls, they are such mama's girls right now.

We just switched to a MW and could not be happier, she is awesome and a perfect fit for dh and I. Good thing because she is the only MW in about a 75 mile radius of us. DH finally feels comfortable having a hb, I am so thankful to her. I am nervous about it as I had epidurals with both deliveries, but I am working on that fear.

I am feeling good besides the dang pain in my pelvic bone, I really need to get in to see my chiro to see if she can help with that.

Baby has no name yet, we can NOT agree on one and it doesn't help that the whole family seems to think that he HAS to have an A name. We also don't have a room for him, but we plan on cosleeping for at least a year, so that's no big deal.

Hope everyone else is feeling well!
momto3under2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:09 AM   #6
Mytwoboys08
Registered Users
seller

hi mamas!
i see a lot of us have that pubic bone pain and i'm with you all on being sooo into nesting-but then i get so tired half-way through whatever i'm doing! my stomach really hurts if i overdo it.

we're having a name issue too-glad to see we're not the only ones!! i've got another thread going about it! i'm gonna have dh read it!

does anyone else have A LOT of pressure down really low? like, right above their pelvic area? it's hard for me to walk it's so much pressure. also, does anyone get a lot of ctx? i think that's what i'm getting a lot of-it's the weirdest sensation-like it takes my breath away and then passes. i had no early ctx with my first son, so i'm guessing these are braxton-hicks?
Old 03-20-2008, 08:11 AM   #7
Mytwoboys08
Registered Users
seller

oh, and at last check, this little guy was breech!! i'm hoping for a vbac with this one-so i'm praying he flips!!!!
Old 03-20-2008, 08:43 AM   #8
VeryChicBaby
Registered Users
Formerly: jenny342
seller

My Mood:

I am being induced on May 1st!! This is my 4th - a third little boy!! Woo hoo - we are soo excited!!
VeryChicBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:28 AM   #9
stayinhomewithmy6
Registered Users
Formerly: stayinhomewithmy5
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Hi May Mamas! :wave2: This is my 1st time checking in here. It's nice to finally see a May thread! I'm due May 27th. This is #4 for us and the gender will be a surprise. 2 of my older kids think it's a boy and 1 thinks it's a girl. I think probably boy, but who knows?

I'm doing okay, but having bad SPD (the pubic pain everyone else is talking about... glad to know I'm not the only one!) I've been going to a chiropractor, but it hasn't given me any relief at all, which is really discouraging.

I'm totally not feeling ready for this baby to come and I think it could come early! I'm having so many BH contrax every day, and sometimes strong enough to wake me up at night. I know BH contrax are normal, but I still wonder if they're actually doing something or if this baby might come early. My 1st was 3 1/2 wks early, but my other 2 were right on time, so I really don't follow any sort of pattern.

We have so many things to get done, though. I told DH that I don't know where we're going to put this baby. Right now our 3 kids all share 1 room and we have 2 spare rooms, but they are so full of junk and toys and would need a lot of work to be turned into a nursery. Luckily, one room is painted boy colors and the other is painted girl colors, so after the baby is born, we'll use whichever room is appropriate, I guess. We don't have a crib set up, but DH says that he can do that very quickly. And we are having a really hard time with names. We have a good list of girls names, but not so much for boys names. I love Max for a boys name, but there have been 2 celebrity baby Max's recently, which bothers me.

I'm not feeling ready for labor/delivery yet either. I have a great midwife, but I wanted to do a waterbirth and so far I can't find any available birthing tubs in our area for rent. There are only 2 of them and they're both taken already. I have asked my MW about using a big blow up kiddie pool, but she really discourages it and thinks I should have an actual birthing tub.

There are a couple of ways that I am actually ready: My NB stash is complete (unless I see something I just must have!) and we have the baby car seat (which is the most important thing, IMO), I have a few nice baby carriers, too.

DH isn't nearly as concerned about things as I am... he thinks we're completely ready for the baby when I'm feeling like we have so many things to do! I haven't even bought any clothes for this LO, other than longies and some little t-shirts that I dyed to match them. I think I'll get down my box of hand-me-down baby clothes from my other LO's today to take stock of what I have. That should make me feel a little better. I know I have still 10 weeks to go, but that could really be as little as 6 or 7 weeks (yeah, yeah, or as many as 12 weeks!)

Sorry for going on & on. I just can't help it!
stayinhomewithmy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 01:45 PM   #10
havingfun
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi May mamas!
I'm due May 5th with baby #2 and we don't know whether it's a boy or girl. I'm hoping for a girl because we have a boy, but I'm trying not to be too hopeful because I don't want to be disappointed if it's a boy. KWIM? I still feel like I have so much to do and the reality of how soon this baby will be here just hit me this week. We didn't cloth diaper our son, so I'm really flying blind getting "the stash" ready. This is what I have so far. Let me know if there's something I still need...I welcome feedback!

7 KL0's
2 XS TFF
3 S TFF
6 Little Beetle Hemp size 1
3 Crickett's size 1
1 Sugar Peas size 1
1 S PeeWells
2 Dri-Line fitteds
12 Infant CPF
1 S Sugar Peas wool cover w/ 2 inserts
2 NB fleece covers
6 XS Thirsties covers
1 NB Prorap
2 S Proraps
6 S Thirsties
2 S Bummis (It looks like I went overboard on covers, but they're not all GN)
2 S Aristocrats
1 M Loveybums sherpa fitted
1 M Loveybums wool cover w/ 4 inserts
12 premium CPF

I still want to get a few snappis and maybe some doublers?

And this is my to do list in the next few weeks:
Pick names...we have nothing at this point
Get GN baby clothes/blankets up from basement
Wash diapers/clothes/blankets/etc.
Set up changing area (not sure how we're handling this yet)
Get diaper pail & pail liners
Pack bag for hospital
Get co-sleeper from sister
Join DS Anonymous (so I actually work on the to do list!)