Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-27-2006, 08:17 PM   #1
kpapple
Registered Users

My Mood:
US tomorrow- nervous

OK ladies, I have my ultrasound tomorrow and I am so nervous. Let me tell you why.
This is my third and we feel certain last child. I have two boys who are the best and I feel this strong yearning to have a daughter. I have been praying that this baby is a girl. I did not have a good relationship with my Mother and so I just want to have that with a daughter of my own. I am nervous because I don't want to be disappointed if they tell me it is a boy. I don't want to feel that way towards my own baby. I know that if it is a boy that it is part of God's plan. Just like it is if it is a girl. Has anyone else felt this way? Or am I just being self-fish. Ugg I don't want to feel this way.
Any advice???

Advertisement

Old 08-27-2006, 08:26 PM   #2
SugarBunsWool&More
Formerly: RileysMama
seller

My Mood:
Re: US tomorrow- nervous

Healthy is all that matters. Boy or girl is just icing on the cake, IMO.
We *so* wanted a girl with DS, but by the time they got through all the parts, checking them off as healthy and they told us he was a he, we couldn't have been any happier with a boy.
With the next baby we have, I don't even want to know the sex, because it just doesn't matter to me. All I hope for is healthy.
I hope you won't feel disappointed with another boy, if you're blessed with one! Sometimes I just marvel that I have a son! I was SO sure I was having a girl, I had dreams about my little girl and everything!! But we're blessed he's healthy, many mom's wish for such things.
SugarBunsWool&More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 08:31 PM   #3
stephdpn
Registered Users
seller

Ah Kim, I'll be praying for you! Babies are blessings regardless, and you already know that! Just pray for a peace, regardless of what you find out!
Old 08-27-2006, 08:36 PM   #4
kpapple
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephdpn
Ah Kim, I'll be praying for you! Babies are blessings regardless, and you already know that! Just pray for a peace, regardless of what you find out!
Thanks and yes I know they are wonderful blessings and I really think that I will be happy with a boy but disappointed that it is not a girl. KWIM?
I did not mention that I was praying for a healthy baby in my first post- we have been from the moment we found out we were pregnant again- that to me is just goes without saying. So I really don't want people to think that I am going to resent a boy if it is another boy- besides isnt there a sayin that says somthing about There is a special place in heaven for a mother of three boys
Old 08-27-2006, 08:39 PM   #5
SugarBunsWool&More
seller

My Mood:

I didn't get the idea that you wouldn't be happy with a healthy baby either way.
I think it is natural to hope for a girl after 2 boys. But maybe you were meant to raise some good men in this world? Who knows what the plan is for you!!
There sure should be a special place in heaven for mom's of 3 boys.
Be sure to let us know tomorrow! I'll have my fingers crossed for this baby to be a healthy baby girl!
Old 08-27-2006, 10:19 PM   #6
blessed with boys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm a mama to three little boys.....yes I love them dearly and am so lucky to have them but I to hope the baby I'm carrying now is a little girl.....I'd just like to know what its like to have a daughter kwim? Goood luck tomorrow and let us know how it goes.....I have a few more months to go until I get to find out.
Jackie
blessed with boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 10:58 PM   #7
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mama! I was you only backwards! I have 2 beautiful little girls and am pregnant with our third and most likely last baby as well. I was DESPERATE to have a boy. I'm not kidding either...Plus a lot of things made me think I was having a boy. My doctor knew I wanted a boy...all our family wanted a boy....and then my Big U/S..."Um, it's, um....it's....well, thats a vagina" SHOCKED!!!! I knew he was right though, I'd seen those little lines on other ultrasounds and knew what they were before he acually told me. And you know what, I am SO excited to be having another girl now. My little girls are all going to be 2 years apart and SISTERS! How lucky for them. So I'm not going to ever get to have that little boy I dreamed of....well that wasn't Gods plan I guess. NO biggie!

Believe me, if you find out you're having another boy...it may take a few, but you'll be happy in the end! No matter what you acually have it just feels great.(((HUGS)))

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 03:10 PM   #8
SugarBunsWool&More
seller

My Mood:

What's it gonna be???
Old 08-28-2006, 03:19 PM   #9
lovemygirls
Registered Users
seller

soooo whatcha havin'? i've been wondering all day!

Ginger
lovemygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 06:25 PM   #10
annes_cottage
Accomplice to the Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers

My Mood:

C'mon!! Share your news!!! Whatcha havin'?

Update us mama!!

Avi pic: Leland 1 yr
annes_cottage is offline   Reply With Quote