Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-05-2006, 06:15 PM   #11
Julesmom23girls
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Presents for a first birthday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akwifeandmomma
My fave 1st bday gift is the LeapFrog Fridge Farm. They can play with it at 12 months, usually figure it out by 18, and still love it for years--my 3-year-old still loves his!
We got one of those for my Dd 1st birthday and I have to say she loved it in the box, but when we got it out of the box it didn't work. I took it back to Toys R us and told them what was wrong and asked if I could open another box to make sure it was working properly and they said no because it is hard to sell something that has already been opened. So I bought her something else. But she really really liked it, and so did my 4 yo.

Advertisement

Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 06:16 PM   #12
navars2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We just bought this for DS's first birthday (his birthday is Saturday): http://www.vtechkids.com/product_pag...heType=product

DS was really loving it in the store.
navars2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 06:26 PM   #13
Christy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Little people have always been a hit here.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:39 PM   #14
masonite
Whip Crackin Wagon Driver!
seller

My Mood:

Camden got the Leap Frog table for his first birthday! He really loved it and still plays with it (at 18 almost 19 months)!

Mason got the Little People Farm and Garage for his first birthday. Those are still very loved in our house (by both boys!)

I go all out for birthdays (parties, special dinners, favorite foods, etc.), but limit the gifts, because I know they'll get a lot from family. So, we usually stick with good books and maybe one biggish toy.

We're always broke anyway, so I couldn't go "all out" if I wanted too.

But, my mom gave Camden this for Christmas (just before his 1st birthday), and it's one of the greatest toys we've ever had! Both of my boys LOVE it and will play with it for hours!!

I love this toy and would suggest it to anyone with little kids (toddler to preschool--even my almost 4 year old LOVES it)!
Old 09-05-2006, 06:55 PM   #15
tatertots
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I made this for a friends DD for her first BDay! She loves it and carries it around with her everywhere she goes. It is a blanket and pillow.

Pamela SAHM to Eli 5 and Chloe 2 and a very proud AF WIFE! Expecting #3 in October
tatertots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 07:09 PM   #16
mommyish
Registered Users

at this age my kids loved a shopping cart to push, a soft chair to sit in, and the melissa and doug puzzles ( esp. the square, rectangle, and triangle)
mommyish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 07:15 PM   #17
tessa1002
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by urchin_grey
I think I'm in the minority though or something because we went "all out" for his birthday. But hey, it was my first (and only so far) baby's first birthday.

lol, thats our plan for his 1st b-day next month too. i guess its really just a party for us though, because he probably won't even get why everyone is there!
tessa1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:23 PM   #18
kpapple
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonite
Camden got the Leap Frog table for his first birthday! He really loved it and still plays with it (at 18 almost 19 months)!

Mason got the Little People Farm and Garage for his first birthday. Those are still very loved in our house (by both boys!)

I go all out for birthdays (parties, special dinners, favorite foods, etc.), but limit the gifts, because I know they'll get a lot from family. So, we usually stick with good books and maybe one biggish toy.

But, my mom gave Camden this for Christmas (just before his 1st birthday), and it's one of the greatest toys we've ever had! Both of my boys LOVE it and will play with it for hours!!

I love this toy and would suggest it to anyone with little kids (toddler to preschool--even my almost 4 year old LOVES it)!
Wow what is the name of the last gift? Is is Little Tikes?
Old 09-05-2006, 09:04 PM   #19
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonite

I second the Learning Home! We got Bram one of those too, for Christmas. (He was almost 9mo then.) He loves it! Although, I do feel bad because he can't reach the clock and the sun/moon wheel.
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 09:22 AM   #20
upstategirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you go to like the target website you can select one to two years of age for toys. It will give you a list of what toys are good for that age. Bruce's fav toy on his 1st birthday was a corn popper that he can ride on. He will be two in Oct and still loves it. Another good one is blocks. Can't go wrong with blocks. Even if you just go the store most toys have the age that they are good for. Good luck!
upstategirl is offline   Reply With Quote