Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-05-2006, 04:17 PM   #1
ZooCrew10
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Nursing p/t & lack of cycle

Hopefully this isn't TMI, but I'm wondering if I'm not alone in nursing part time and not having a normal cycle? Lily is a fickle child, nursing mostly at night and first thing in the morning. I try during the day...sometimes she will and sometimes she does the awful gagging thing and turns away!! The thing that is so weird, is that I haven't had a normal cycle since I had her! She's almost six months old and I'm starting to worry that I might be PG again (afraid to take a test!!!)....she was delivered c-section and I'm scared it would be way too soon. Anyone have this happen, meaning lack of cycle while only part time, or less, nursing??

Advertisement

ZooCrew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 01:58 PM   #2
happy2bhome
Registered Users

Re: Nursing p/t & lack of cycle

I've heard the nighttime feedings help keep it away longer.

I can certainly empathize. Ds will be 9 months old tomorrow & still either.
happy2bhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 03:31 PM   #3
EasterBun
Yarn Snob
seller

My Mood:

She's probably just reverse cycling, but if you are worried you could be pg, I'd go ahead and test. Otherwise if she's still getting most of her nutrition from you and it's at night, then it's probably keeping your cycle away.
EasterBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 10:14 AM   #4
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I second this question, if you dc isn't nursing full time...goes more than 6 hrs at least every 24, when is it usual for your cycle to restart?
Old 05-28-2006, 08:43 PM   #5
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

my son is 10 months old I just started weining him about 1 month ago to morning and night feedings only. I finally had my Period. on the 14th of may YIPPEE FOR ME not, And I also had a c-section so I worried the whole time about being pregnant. how long has it been that you are doing AM and night feedings? And are you pumping during the day? I was giving DS formula because I needed to get him off the BF (teeth hurt too bad) If you are that worried you should take a test but I have heard that up to six months is the average for not having a period and that it is God's way of spacing your kids out. LOL I am sure that is just a wives tale But it makes sense......PM me if you have questions. I am on here quite a bit latley.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:24 PM   #6
a_cthelen
My cat's breath smells like cat food
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by negrapy
I second this question, if you dc isn't nursing full time...goes more than 6 hrs at least every 24, when is it usual for your cycle to restart?

According to LLL and Dr. Sears, if you are supplementing or allowing more than 3 hours during the day or 6 hours at night or your baby is more than 6 months old your menses could return. If not, they say an average of 14.5 months of amenorrhea and infertility. Now then there's me, who is EBFing day and night and I got AF when DS was only 3 months old. Now, that's just not fair!

Wool for Sale: http://hyenacart.com/Spots_corner/index.php?u=6698
a_cthelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 11:02 PM   #7
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

I dunno... w/DS #1 he slept through the night on his own at about 8 weeks from about 10-5 am (Yes I know it was a fluke & a miracle LOL). Even when he started eating solids I still never got my period... I didn't have it return until gosh after he was a year old! B/c I remember what a pita it was to figure things out when we were TTC & he was 8 mos old & I had nothing to chart LOL

For this baby... totally different. He has never ever gone more than 2-3 hours w/o a feeding (he's 4 mos now & yes he may as well be superglued to my booby)... BUT I have had lots of weird bleeding... like today for instance - I'm at the Walleye Festival in town & on our way leaving I "sprang a leak" & it was just a lil gush of blood... but nothing since then. I'll have what seems like a regular period for a week... then maybe nothing for a week or two, then spotting... I dunno!

Everyone is different I guess!