Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-09-2013, 07:13 PM   #1
Nattiecake
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
When did your toddler outgrow GMD small flats?

Or did they?

I have a couple dozen GMD small flats, and I kite fold and snappi under covers. But I've noticed while the wings are plenty long enough, there's not that much more room for the rise to get longer using this same fold.

If you snappi/pin/boingo flats on, did you have to size up to larges at a certain point?

Advertisement

+ + + + + my boutique baby shop
Nattiecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:55 PM   #2
MamaDawn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: When did your toddler outgrow GMD small flats?

My ds I had to size up before he was a year old... but he's huge so might not be average

Hand Painted yarn by Fairy Tale Knits

Direct link to my current colorways
MamaDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:56 AM   #3
tentrevival
Registered Users
seller

We pad fold, so they really never outgrew the size, but they outgrew the absorbency of smalls around two and we got some larges.
Wife to RJ, who makes the world a beautiful place. Adoring Momma to Efrim Phoenix, my little prince (8-17-09), Julian Russell, my wild thing (11-04-10), Oscar Pax, our little bear (8-16-13), and missing Lucy Soul (1-29-12)
tentrevival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:05 AM   #4
babycat42
Registered Users
seller
seller

It really depends on the fold. I was using Ikea flats and a pinned airplane fold on my 18 month old just fine and they are very small I think 24x24 or 26x26.
babycat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:38 PM   #5
Nattiecake
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by babycat42 View Post
It really depends on the fold. I was using Ikea flats and a pinned airplane fold on my 18 month old just fine and they are very small I think 24x24 or 26x26.
And the rise was fine? I'd like to just use smalls until he learns to use the toilet, but if babies grow tall in their toddler years I worry that they'll be too short.

Old 04-10-2013, 10:09 PM   #6
bobbs7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know what you mean about the rise! I kite fold GMD smalls on my chunky 10 month old, and they still fit ok, but the rise was getting a bit short. I realized that I had been folding it over more in the front (to create additional layers in the wet zone), so I didn't do that today, and now I have plenty of room in the rise. I just put a small hemp doubler in there if I'm worried about absorbency. I also have GMD larges, but they are seriously huge. Overkill huge honestly. I tried one on my PT'ed 3 year old just for kicks, and it was too big for him. I do padfold them for nights and naps though and they are super absorbent because they are so big!
'ing,'ing, part-time working out of the house, full-time in the house, mom-mom to Jackson Philip 11/28/09 , Levi Garrett 5/18/12 , and Aria Joye 4/16/14, and wife to my best friend and male clone Matthew since 10/6/06.

~forever thankful to have been saved by Grace~
bobbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:18 AM   #7
Nattiecake
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbs7 View Post
I know what you mean about the rise! I kite fold GMD smalls on my chunky 10 month old, and they still fit ok, but the rise was getting a bit short. I realized that I had been folding it over more in the front (to create additional layers in the wet zone), so I didn't do that today, and now I have plenty of room in the rise. I just put a small hemp doubler in there if I'm worried about absorbency. I also have GMD larges, but they are seriously huge. Overkill huge honestly. I tried one on my PT'ed 3 year old just for kicks, and it was too big for him. I do padfold them for nights and naps though and they are super absorbent because they are so big!
Yeah I remember I bought some larges first, when my little guy was like 4 months old... And WOW they were gigantic! I sold them on FSOT and bought smalls, but I worry about his diapers not fitting soon. Or maybe I just want an excuse to shop... :P

Old 04-11-2013, 12:45 AM   #8
robeccajr
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My 14 month old still wears them. She's long and skinny at 21lbs 30in, we use the RosiePosie fold with a doubler since the bottom part can't be folded up as much to keep the rise long enough.