Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-04-2006, 01:45 PM   #1
kht2006
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question Is it worth the trouble?

I bought some FBs on ebay in "GUC" but they are NOT "GUC" It was a large lot and many of them wick and many need new elastic. I think two may be in GUC. I had to strip the diapers and inserts before use too. They are mediums that are so stretched out they could be large. Is it worth the trouble to rewater proof and replace elastic? I'm not a great seamstress, but I sew a little. What do you think?
TIA!
Karen

Advertisement

kht2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 01:47 PM   #2
cowmommy
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew 5:44
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is it worth the trouble?

i think if you're gonna have to go to all that trouble you should be entitled to some money back JMO though. That stinks
Old 09-04-2006, 02:57 PM   #3
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I agree, I'd complain!
Old 09-04-2006, 03:00 PM   #4
angel0123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yup I would complain too see if you can get your money back. I will never buy dipes on ebay again... they go for too much and there is no accountabilty.
Old 09-04-2006, 03:51 PM   #5
Julesmom23girls
Banned

My Mood:

That is dissappointing but I have to say that everyones opinion of Good is different. It would be one thing if the items were listed as almost new or VG or excellent condition, but being that it said GUC I think you expected more than you got. I do think it would have been nice for the peson to have said that some of the elastic was bad so you knew that going in. That is the thing I hate about buying something w/ really being able to see it, internet shopping isn't all it is cracked up to be. This is JMO of course Sorry you had a bad ebay experience
Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 12:41 AM   #6
beenwaitingalongtime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Dead elastic is not good...in anyone's opinion. It's unusable if the elastic's dried or stretched.
IMO, replacing elastic is worse than a trip to the GYN. Replacing elastic is worse than getting a cavity filled. Replacing elastic is ALMOST as painful as unmedicated childbirth--ok, not really, but I'd choose it over the elastic any day!
There was a thread about this recently in Craft Chat and Cherie gave a great suggestion for simply replacing the elastic, which I haven't tried. I had already spent hours removing the stitches from the FBs already
Old 09-05-2006, 08:04 AM   #7
Julesmom23girls
Banned

My Mood:

I didn't mean bad elastic should be considered GUC I simply meant that everyone has an opinion about what GUC means. I do agree that the seller should have stated that the elastic was bad.
Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:08 AM   #8
Leininger27
Banned

My Mood:

I would definitely contact the seller and tell you are not satisfied with the transaction due to misleading of the FB. They are not in GUC if the elastic is bad or if they wick! The seller completely misrepresented the item. If you paid by pp sometime you can get your money back because they misrepresented the item. Also I would tell them that you will be posting negative feedback unless this is rectified!
Leininger27 is offline   Reply With Quote