Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-31-2008, 02:46 PM   #1
kakemery
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
question about what to do when going back to work

I am going back to work full-time and am curious as to what I should do about breastfeeding. DD is 9 months old (will be close to 10 when I start). She is just starting solids and takes them very well. She has never really taken a bottle though. Anyway, my question is this: I intend to continue nursing, I let my son self-wean and intend to do the same with dd. I will pump while at work and she will get breastmilk while with the sitter. I just don't know whether I should go out and buy bottles for her or if I should just try her with the sippy cup. It seems silly to start her on a bottle at 10 months old. What do you all think? TIA!

Advertisement

Old 03-31-2008, 02:49 PM   #2
starryeyedgyal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: question about what to do when going back to work

i think i would introduce a sippy cup! dd1 started with the nuby brand with a soft spout. she started that at about 8 or 9 months; shortly after that she was using the sippy cups with a straw

nak
Old 03-31-2008, 02:56 PM   #3
kakemery
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: question about what to do when going back to work

Thats what I was thinking. I already give her the Nuby just to play around with, and have been doing that for about a month or so. I know she can drink from a straw because I have caught her drinking my ds's water from his straw cups. I guess I am just paranoid that she won't get enough. I have been SAHM since my son was born (9-1-04) so I am totally new to this!