Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-04-2006, 11:23 PM   #1
Michele
Registered Users

Our first outing in cloth!!

We had our first outing with two babies in cloth today! Now, I have run to to store real quick with cloth before, but that's it...no diaper changes.

We were gone for nearly 9 hours. I packed 3 extra FB for each kiddo but I only changed them 2x each. I brought some small trash can liners to bring the dirties home in (and made doubly sure they didn't get thrown away on accident, LOL) and everything went really smoothly.

Dh was pleasantly surprised. When I asked him to help me pre-stuff the six FB this AM before we left, he was like, "Why are we doing this? Can't we just take Huggies?" and I said, "Well, they're each wearing FB now so there's no point in not using them all day!" He rolled his eyes...I could tell he thought it'd be a disaster but it was great! No leaks, either!

Advertisement

My Feedback is HERE *and* I'm "just-the-mama" on Ebay and have YEARS of feedback there!
Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 12:08 AM   #2
eduprey85
Registered Users
seller

Re: Our first outing in cloth!!

Awesome, sounds good. I only have a few FB's right now, I'm waiting on the 12 that I ordered, but due to the jump in price some are backordered!!! So right now I'm alternating between just a few FB's and sposies (can't WAIT to get rid of those and use ONLY cloth). I've gone out with DS and changed him in cloth once now, actually yesterday at church! It went smoothly. Only thing is, since I don't use them often, DS hasn't pooped in his cloth YET, well let me rephrase that...not for ME! Haha, my Mom was babysitting him last week and he pooed in them ) She rolled her eyes when I said I was leaving her with the cloth dipes...I mean she should know how they work, she use PF's on my brother when he was a baby!!!

Oh and DH isn't here right now, so he's not experiencing all of this, BUT I did tell him that we're using cloth and he said it was fine...we'll see his expression when he has to change them!!

I have a ugly black un-fun wet bag that came with my Lands End diaper bag that I'm using right now, I need to get a fun print though...and we're still using regular wipes, I still haven't bought any wipes or even attempted to make wipe solution, I'm hesitant, but at the same time, I'm waiting until I'm a FULL TIME CD-er )

PS-How old are your two and how big are they?

The FB's I ordered are sz Med. DS fits in smalls at 5 mths old and 13 lbs but I thought I should go ahead with the Mediums. SIL had her son in Med since he was 12-13 lbs, so I guess they should be ok...
eduprey85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 12:27 AM   #3
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

YAY!
Old 09-05-2006, 06:25 AM   #4
cuties02q
Registered Users
seller
seller

PhotographyBlog
cuties02q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 06:38 AM   #5
EmmalinesMom
Registered Users
seller

Woo Hoo! Good for you guys!

I'm glad it went well.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:40 PM   #6
Michele
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduprey85

PS-How old are your two and how big are they?

The FB's I ordered are sz Med. DS fits in smalls at 5 mths old and 13 lbs but I thought I should go ahead with the Mediums. SIL had her son in Med since he was 12-13 lbs, so I guess they should be ok...
My one month old is in Small and he's barely 10 pounds (was 9-15 last Friday at the doc's). He sort of swims in them but they don't leak--though I occasionally have a wicking problem. It doesn't happen daily though and I think may be related to them being biggish on him. My 19 month old is in Medium and they're great on her. She's on the tightest waist and second tightest thigh setting. They're so trim and never leak or wick. She loves them too! I started with Large for her (because that's where she would be according to the size chart) and they were HUGE and sagged. I am so glad I decided to switch to Medium, even if it did mean selling our dozen larges at a small loss. I have 12 more for each kiddo on the way and am wondering how back-ordered they are--I tried to only order in-stock colors when I ordered but don't know how updated that chart was!

My Feedback is HERE *and* I'm "just-the-mama" on Ebay and have YEARS of feedback there!
Old 09-05-2006, 02:40 PM   #7
Michele
Registered Users

Thanks mamas!