Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-05-2006, 06:13 PM   #1
BeedieWeedieB
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Cradle Cap?

Ok I think that is what it is called. My oldest never had it, but my little guy does, he also has a lot more hair. It's kinda scaley-crusty stuff in the front of his head under his hair. What do I need to do about it? I would like something gentle to work it out, is it just a dry skin kinda thing or what?

thanks,
heidi

Advertisement

Old 05-05-2006, 06:23 PM   #2
my3punkins2005
Banned
seller

Re: Cradle Cap?

all mine had it(then they all had lots of hair!)..with #3 i found california baby shampoo with tea tree oil and used that(well in still do and he's 6 months now)so gentle and works great! instead of conditioner in his hair i use badger balm baby formula or the unscented healing balm and rub into the scalp cleared up my sons cradle cap in3-4 days tops and all natural!(oh and i use the badger as an all over body lotion on him as we have super sensitive skin)
my3punkins2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 06:27 PM   #3
BeedieWeedieB
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

thanks I will look into that, yeah my oldest ds has super dry sensitive skin too.

any other thoughts?
heidi
Old 05-05-2006, 07:31 PM   #4
IsaMama
Registered Users

My baby boy had acnea and cradle cap that got over it
The grandma`s way of treating it is to rub olive oil on the scalp, put an old bonnet, use old clothes and blankets and wait 24 hours. Then use a soft baby tooth brush to brush the scalp and the scales. Wash the hair with a gentle shampoo.
For the face, I`ve used a Aveeno moisturizing product that worked really well without the staining (works great for teething baby cheeks too).
A fine comb can also be used after the scales are softened. Cradle cap tends to come back, so you have to gently comb often. Hope this helps.
IsaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 07:38 PM   #5
wbkt8
Registered Users
seller

dd had cc when she was about 3 months old - i used an herbal cradle cap shampoo (can't remember who makes it) that you put on...then let it sit for awhile, comb a bunch to loosen the scales, and then wash normally. i found that it took a couple days of brushing and so after i did the shampoo to get it to go away, but it did.

Last edited by wbkt8; 05-05-2006 at 07:43 PM.
wbkt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 07:51 PM   #6
stacim
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaMama
The grandma`s way of treating it is to rub olive oil on the scalp, put an old bonnet, use old clothes and blankets and wait 24 hours. Then use a soft baby tooth brush to brush the scalp and the scales. Wash the hair with a gentle shampoo.

I didn't leave it on for 24 hours, though. Just applied with my fingers, then used a soft tooth brush. Washed and rinsed a couple of times. Didn't really last all that long with any of my babes. Worked great, already had some olive oil at home and the $ was right.

Staci
stacim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 09:02 PM   #7
ocfb16
Children will forget your presents. They will always remember your presence.
seller

I used vegetable oil. I just rubbed it in really good let it sit for a few minutes and then took a toothbrush and picked through her scalp. Worked good for me!
Old 05-05-2006, 09:20 PM   #8
Drummer's Wife
Registered Users

I used the burt's bees aprocot oil and a soft bristled baby brush to get the scale off. Then I washed his hair and repeated another time and it went away for good. I was so happy cause it was driving me crazy
Old 05-05-2006, 11:59 PM   #9
TandEMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD had that. I just combed her hair A LOT after a bath....I don't remember how long it lasted, but it just sort of ended on it's own.

It is kinda weird when your baby has dandruff-like-stuff in their hair...
TandEMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 07:52 AM   #10
4boys4me
Registered Users

Well, we used baby oil and put it just on thier scalp.. let it sit for a min. or two and use a fine toothed comb and start combing,lol.. it will pick all that stuff off and be cradle cap free..