Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-03-2006, 06:00 PM   #1
GoddessWifeMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Night time wool with a prefold??

My husband said he would like to use wool for night time, I ma totally with him on this I was just surprised to hear him voice and opinion on it. LOL

Anyway I am wondering what is best to use under the wool for nighttime, our DD sleeps 14 hours and so we need something that is absorbant even though she is not totally soaked most nights if she does let it go it's a lot.

I was thinking of using a Premium Indian prefold but I would imagine we would need something else in there, we have some preemie PF's also but that's it right now.

Would like to figure our night time out so if anyone uses wool and PF combo what do you use or if no PF but something else what is it??

Thinking of buying 2 Crats for the wool BTW.

Then I have some more WAHM recycled soakers and longies coming too.

Advertisement

Old 09-03-2006, 06:04 PM   #2
FitMommyOf2
I wish I could turn the tide!
seller

My Mood:
Re: Night time wool with a prefold??

We use strictly wool for overnight and under it I always use one of my own pocket fitteds, stuffed w/one of Sherri's (Leobaby04) super absorbant night time stuffers. DS still drinks a lot of milk (5-7oz) b4 bed and with this combo we never had any leaks! He also sleeps 12hrs through.

Btw, our 2 crats are our work horses next to our 1 Disana!

I've never used a PF only under wool for night time as DS is a heavy wetter and I wouldn't 'trust' it, but I've heard other mamas do. Most seem to use 2 PFs though or one infant layed in a premium one.

HTH
Old 09-03-2006, 06:19 PM   #3
GoddessWifeMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitMommyOf2
We use strictly wool for overnight and under it I always use one of my own pocket fitteds, stuffed w/one of Sherri's (Leobaby04) super absorbant night time stuffers. DS still drinks a lot of milk (5-7oz) b4 bed and with this combo we never had any leaks! He also sleeps 12hrs through.

Btw, our 2 crats are our work horses next to our 1 Disana!

I've never used a PF only under wool for night time as DS is a heavy wetter and I wouldn't 'trust' it, but I've heard other mamas do. Most seem to use 2 PFs though or one infant layed in a premium one.

HTH

Thanks I thought I might have to double up on the PF's if I did use them.

Good to hear that the crats so so wonderful though because at 29.99CDN each I want to make sure they work 2 Crats are the same $$$ as all 24 of our Premium PF's. LOL

We used a FB last night with the MOE insert and a Jamtots terry & hemp insert also inside but it leaked just a little out of the top of the back of the diaper, where the pocket is, but it lasted the 14 hours basically although it was totally soaked.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:23 PM   #4
FitMommyOf2
seller

My Mood:

Hey, b4 you buy a crat new, def. check out all the other boards and here! I've seen a few crats on the pin, MDC (mothering.com) and even on eBay.
Also Disana or Alana covers (both German brands) work the same and you can often get them used for cheap(er) aswell. ~15$US seems to be the average price for used ones, with luck you can find sometimes even cheaper ones!

Great that your last night dipe worked! I never had a JT insert, but know DS would never get through the night with only a CB and JB hemparoo insert. He's the heavy wetter per exellance! LOL
Old 09-03-2006, 06:28 PM   #5
GoddessWifeMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitMommyOf2
Hey, b4 you buy a crat new, def. check out all the other boards and here! I've seen a few crats on the pin, MDC (mothering.com) and even on eBay.
Also Disana or Alana covers (both German brands) work the same and you can often get them used for cheap(er) aswell. ~15$US seems to be the average price for used ones, with luck you can find sometimes even cheaper ones!

Great that your last night dipe worked! I never had a JT insert, but know DS would never get through the night with only a CB and JB hemparoo insert. He's the heavy wetter per exellance! LOL

I would look for them used but my BIG problem is that what we are using right now for night and some day is from a leanding program from a local store that we have for 1 week to try out and see what we like.

So for our own stash we have NOTHING right now for night time.

So with shipping from the US to Canada it would take too long to come that I might as well buy them locally from this store and then they are new and we get them right away.

Also sometimes with items over 20.00 from the US to Canada we have to pay duty so when I got 11 AIO's used lately for just over 40.00 I had to pay 7.00 in duty.

So with all of that added in and the cost of duty and shipping it's probably not worth it.

But for other purchases over our 2 first ones I will definately buy used.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:30 PM   #6
Voltige
Registered Users
seller

I have used prefolds (infant layered in premium) under Lana or Disana. I also use Under the Nile fitteds or a pocket fitteds under wool. Never had a leak and we go 12+ hours in the family bed.
Voltige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 06:41 PM   #7
FitMommyOf2
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
So with shipping from the US to Canada it would take too long to come that I might as well buy them locally from this store and then they are new and we get them right away.

Also sometimes with items over 20.00 from the US to Canada we have to pay duty so when I got 11 AIO's used lately for just over 40.00 I had to pay 7.00 in duty.

So with all of that added in and the cost of duty and shipping it's probably not worth it.

But for other purchases over our 2 first ones I will definately buy used.
I didn't think of that!
And for the duty $!!!
Old 09-03-2006, 06:43 PM   #8
ktandgt
Registered Users
seller

In the meantime of getting your crats you could always use a FB stuffed with a Premium prefold (and possibly the jamtots). It is really bulky but may do the job until you get your nighttime solution. I have done this before with a premium pf and a joey bunz.
We use pants from TinyBirds organics with a good fitted underneath. We use whatever fitted I have available and add doublers to it. Although we are waiting on two VBSN. I love the pants because then we don't have to put pants over a wool cover. But unfortunatley they are a bit expensive and won't help with your shipping situation.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:57 PM   #9
GoddessWifeMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Tonight she is in a Mother-ease Onesize fitted with the soaker snapped in, then a Bummis Stay-dry doubler and a Mother-ease Air-flow Jungle Print cover.

So far it seems to be holding but we will see for the rest of the night how it goes.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:02 PM   #10
FitMommyOf2
seller

My Mood:

Does she drink at night? Or b4 bed?
I just realized your DD and my DS are close in age, hence the curiosity )

I hope tonight will be working great for you!