Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-01-2008, 07:25 PM   #11
FinnegansMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: When are you doing your nursery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyla View Post
Why wait till June Id just do it now unless you are planning on needing the guest bedroom Thank you can get some nesting done Ive been nesting all week I think Im driving dh nutz. We have rearanged 2 rooms already and Ive been obsessed with everything being spotless (really hard to do with 4 kiddos) I wanna see pictures Ive started the changing area and all for the new baby but it needs work (shelves etc)

We need the guest bedroom for my inlaws who visit once a month. I know my MIL will be annoyed when the times comes for them to sleep on the aero bed in the family room. Oh well.
I cant' WAIT to start though, I love nesting....We need to think about furniture though and all that good stuff. We're going home (to Mass) later this month so we'll be at IKEA checking out stuff.

Advertisement

Old 04-01-2008, 07:51 PM   #12
Shyla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnegansMom View Post
We need the guest bedroom for my inlaws who visit once a month. I know my MIL will be annoyed when the times comes for them to sleep on the aero bed in the family room. Oh well.
I cant' WAIT to start though, I love nesting....We need to think about furniture though and all that good stuff. We're going home (to Mass) later this month so we'll be at IKEA checking out stuff.
I couldnt stand my in laws staying with us (I might kill them)

I guess you have to wait but maybe do it a little sooner than june like in may I love ikea they have so much fun, neato stuff. Have fun shopping. You will have to show pics you know
ISO GMS & Wool:
Shyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:00 PM   #13
Sabey-baby
Registered Users
seller

We're finishing an extra room in our basement (well, not the basement. it's just off the downstair's main floor. It's weird.) and that will be the playroom. Once that is done (supposed to start April 19th) I can start making the former playroom into the nursery. I'm hoping to have it all done and ready to go by mid June. I'm obviously not being overly optimistic on how fast DH will finish the extra room, giving him two months. lol.

I am just using the same bedding and nursery set that I used with my last. I made it and love it. I need to paint the room and organize a bit, but other than that won't have much to do. Just need that new playroom done first!
1/10/03, 2/2/06, 7/17/08, #12/19/11
I sew.
Sabey-baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:05 PM   #14
Amberjoe_1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have to get DS's room ready before I change the accents in the nursery to pink. So I really need to get started!! We plan on painting his room and getting a bed, chest of drawers and linens etc. for his room.
THEN, (after our next u/s, we'll get a better idea if this is definitely a girl or not).. I'll get some pink sheets and do ladybugs in her room.
..thanks for reminding me..I really need to get with it!!!

See what's new @ Monster Fluff Studio's Blog
Amberjoe_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:12 PM   #15
Jessy&Noah
Registered Users
seller

Well since this is another boy, the 2 little monkeys will be sharing Noah's room. I am guessing that he will sleep in our room for the first 6 months like Noah did - until he starts sleeping through the night. It's just easier for nursing.

I'm in the process of clearing some space in Noah's room and I ordered a toddler bed last week. My plan is to get him out of the crib and into the bed before the baby gets here so he doesn't think the new baby is kicking him out of his crib.

I'm getting matching bedding for the toddler bed and crib (which Noah is currently using still) and new window valances this week and keeping everything else the same.

Jessy&Noah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:14 PM   #16
amberlina
Registered Users

My Mood:

She will be in our room. Our house is a really small studio, and our best friends are currently staying in our upstairs room. I suppose once she is here will be about the time they are thinking about moving (its complicated. my best friend , the girl, is stuck in a lease until july, so she doesnt want to double up on rent and we let her and dh best friend, the guy, stay here for free. we set them up after he and i met and it was a match made in heaven apparently)

so after july I may be able to turn that into a "nursery"... more like set up a room for her stuff and clothes and etc, and crib. she is going to be sleeping in a pack and play bassinet next to my side of bed as long as her weight/motor skills allow.

already the wall to wall built in shelving and cabinetry in our room has been completely taken over by her stuff. lol. the pack and play is being given to us by some family who have a pretty much brand new one they dont/have never really used. Even though they live in the main house they havent been in a hurry to get it out of the closet for me, and i want it! I have a four poster canopy fabric on ribbons to hang above it.we have a 50 pound staffordshire bull terrier, who is not only the first "baby" but also loves children and licking them/following them around... i have the canopy to keep him from getting inwardly curious when she is sleeping. our house is open studio/loft style, except for the upstairs bedroom and walk in closet... so our bedroom, where he takes his sun naps has no door to keep him out.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:14 AM   #17
dotcomkari
Registered Users
seller

My little girl will be sharing her room with her big sister. It is done in purple.. with flowers and butterflies on the wall. I am making her crib set home-made to match her sister's twin sheet set.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:53 PM   #18
Jillybean
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyla View Post
Ive never gotten to do a nursery and wont be doing one this time. This LO will room in with us till he is sleeping at night pretty well than he will move into the crib that is already set up in the boys room and the boys will share the bunk bed. Everything is pretty much ready here besides my cd stash (its still in the making )
Thats pretty much how it is here too.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:34 PM   #19
sunnymw
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Did one for DS and it never got use, but this time around I do want to set up a nice changing area in the master bedroom next to our king bed. With wheels, so I can wheel it to the living room during the day when DH sleeps (he works @ night).
Old 04-04-2008, 01:12 PM   #20
1sttimemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be starting mine now. Unfortunately my landlord is in the process of remodelling. by process I mean at the beginning of Jan he tore down the drywall and old panelling and since has added insulation to the walls. He still needs to run the new electrical service to his apratment upstairs and then re drywall the walls, replace the windows, and he's supposedly dropping the ceiling by a foot so that needs to happen as well. He's got about 6 weeks before I'm going to demand that he purchase the remianing materials and get people to finish it for me. At which point I'll be able to lay the carpet and paint the walls. we can build the crib and move the stuff in that until then is just going to be scattered EVERYWHERE!
1sttimemommy is offline   Reply With Quote