Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-04-2008, 06:39 PM   #21
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: When are you doing your nursery?

my little one is going to be with us in a co-sleeper until he is too big for it. Then he will move on to the 'playpen' part of the co-sleeper. my 6 year old just moved into his own bed after sleeping in the family bed for about 5 1/2 years. I'm going to put another dresser in my room since the other bedroom in my house is on the 3rd floor and i have enough of a problem carrying the laundry up 2 flights of stairs. It made everything easy when i found out i was having another boy.

Emily partner in crime to Martin :: mama to gavin 3/02 and Martin 7/08 Sylvia 3-3-11 Theodore 6/20/13 Expecting a new little bean in June 2014
angel baby 12/25/09
missemily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:12 PM   #22
no caption needed
My Mood:

well since this baby is a boy he will be sharing a room with big bro ( if had been a girl would have converted the play room to another lil girl room) but decided to keep all toys out of the " boys room" ( still sounds weird lol ) and put them in the play room and take DD's toys out of the toy room and put them in her room since they arent age appropriate for the " boys" anyway..

BUT>>>> the kicker is.. my 23 year old brother has "moved" in and is sleeping in a twin bed in the boys room ( which is taking up space that i would set up Gage's firetruck toddler bed and have the crib waiting for baby)

but it's cool.. baby will be in our room for first 3/4 months anyway and only napping in crib if that so i have time.. but when i get bored and want to get in there and " prepare"/ pre nest DH calls it.. I cant and that aggravates me... but such is life
Do you like my avatar? check me out on FACEBOOK
ShayneLeMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 07:16 PM   #23
Registered Users
My Mood:

Working on it right now....

Had to get DS out of his crib and into his "big boy bed" (furniture arrived early!)

WOHM of Alexander (9/22/06) and Isabelle (7/7/08) , married to the love of my life since 2002
IowaRx2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 07:44 PM   #24
Registered Users
My Mood:

Originally Posted by amberlina View Post
She will be in our room. Our house is a really small studio, and our best friends are currently staying in our upstairs room. I suppose once she is here will be about the time they are thinking about moving (its complicated. my best friend , the girl, is stuck in a lease until july, so she doesnt want to double up on rent and we let her and dh best friend, the guy, stay here for free. we set them up after he and i met and it was a match made in heaven apparently)

so after july I may be able to turn that into a "nursery"... more like set up a room for her stuff and clothes and etc, and crib. she is going to be sleeping in a pack and play bassinet next to my side of bed as long as her weight/motor skills allow.

already the wall to wall built in shelving and cabinetry in our room has been completely taken over by her stuff. lol. the pack and play is being given to us by some family who have a pretty much brand new one they dont/have never really used. Even though they live in the main house they havent been in a hurry to get it out of the closet for me, and i want it! I have a four poster canopy fabric on ribbons to hang above it.we have a 50 pound staffordshire bull terrier, who is not only the first "baby" but also loves children and licking them/following them around... i have the canopy to keep him from getting inwardly curious when she is sleeping. our house is open studio/loft style, except for the upstairs bedroom and walk in closet... so our bedroom, where he takes his sun naps has no door to keep him out.

So today feels like christmas! not only did i get my snappis and PUL in the mail, but while i was at the main house picking the package up and doing the laundry, our friend was home and told me she had the pack in play in the closet and whenever i could take it would be cool.... so she helped me carry it (kinda heavy) and it took me no time to set up by myself. some careful rearranging of furniture and voila! now i get to look at my baby's stuffed animals and blankets right next to my bed... and the way the furniture worked out i have a table to go right next to id to hold all our overflow diapering supplies (right on the side where the changing table snaps to the bassinet! who knew these little things could be so very exciting!!
mommy to bella rose born fourth of july
stocking our etsy constantly
amberlina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 12:42 PM   #25
Registered Users
My Mood:

Honestly, haven't even thought about it. Baby3 will sleep next to us, either in a bassinet or with us. I guess we'll need a place to put clothes....ahh, we'll figure out something. The babe will have the necessities and lots of love, I guess that's what counts.
8 years with my Hubby. Finally a SAHM to 5 yo DS and 22 month old DD and brand new DD
MamaEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 01:21 PM   #26
Registered Users
My Mood:

I've never done a nursery.
This kid'll be with us for a year at least most likely.
So there is a dresser for diaper and cothing storage in our room - thats about as ;'nursery' as it gets for us
Then there is the kids sleeping room where my older 2 girls are .. most of the time. This babe wil be in there too eventually.
Andd then there is the playroom - which is currently a guess room with my brotehr and dad bunking in it.

but some day... some day it WILL be my playroom!!
Momma to 4 little , wife to a
I just had a September Surprise! It was girl #4
time to stock up quick! !
ISO: Small or OS fitteds, Thirsties Covers, Wild Child Woolies, and anything adorable!
wryknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 03:13 PM   #27
Registered Users

I have such a desire to do our nursery I almost can't stand it! We will be losing our playroom to do a 3rd bedroom. Since babe will be staying in our room for a while anyway, I'm planning to keep the playroom as long as possible. Just to satisfy myself I am planning to redecorate the playroom, so it's ready to transition. After 2 very pink and girly rooms, we're skipping the pink this time. My plan is for chocolate and teal, still girly and elegant. I think it'll suit her well.

For now my focus is on organizing and decluttering the house. Not nearly as much fun, but boy does it make the house run so much more smoothly! Can't argue with results.
greeneyedredhead99 is offline   Reply With Quote